Chapter 19 Trip
1.7k 3 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"David, damn, what have you been doing? I didn't know you were up to something like this."

Allen quickly ran closer, holding a drink in one hand while pulling a suitcase with the other, and sat beside David, who was waiting for him in the VIP area of the airport.

"I didn't think it would be like this?"

David was wearing a hat and a pair of glasses gazing outside the glass towards the scenery of planes running before setting off.

He thought of all the bothersome situations he experienced in the past few days.

How did all this happen?

After the Yahoo financing, they tried to keep it down low for a short period, but just like what they say, information has no barriers.

The news of Yahoo's success quickly spread from Silicon Valley to the country to the entire world like a huge explosion.

Starting today, Yahoo has resounded throughout Silicon Valley, becoming another miracle in the eyes of people.

"Unbelievable. They actually succeeded. Are those venture capitalists stupid? Agreeing to such a high valuation, I just don't understand."

People who think they know everything started gossiping, speaking their opinions, trying their best to explain how bad an investment it was, attempting to cover their envy with useless words.

"Haha, this is why you can only watch them, and they won't even know you exist. This is why you're only a small-time employee, and they are the bosses."

A total valuation of $400 million for a few-month-old technology company start-up is an absurd amount. This is 1995, if it was in the future, there would be numerous companies like this, but at this time, it was a complete surprise.

The most important thing was this is only the first round of funding. What about the second round and the IPO? Yahoo's growth can only be considered fast.

And at this time, Yahoo was still a company with a total of less than a hundred employees, and they were only renting an entire floor of office space. This can give a picture of how young and small Yahoo was currently.

To be valued at $400 million, anyone would know how incredible it is.

Before the financing negotiations, everyone was secretly laughing at Yahoo's own valuation, and many were even waiting to see their jokes and watch them fail.

However, now they can only look with envious eyes. After all, the miracle of Yahoo is not something anyone can easily replicate.

In one day, Yahoo was well known throughout the country and the world. This worldwide influence would also further boost their success, giving their company batches of new users each day.

"It seems that we should pay more attention to internet companies from now on. Give me more information on internet companies by the end of the week."

"Yes, boss."

Unintentionally, this success also started influencing keen investors all around the world to shift some of their focus to internet companies, further contributing to the creation of the internet bubble.

At the same time, various technology companies that had plans to go public this year were rejoicing. It looks like they would be getting a better result than expected this time.

With the heated discussion about Yahoo, the three founders naturally came to the spotlight. This was not only because of the emergence of the Yahoo platform but also because of how young they were.

It was hard to believe that behind the shining glory of Yahoo were two college dropouts and an eighteen-year-old young man who just finished high school.

People, especially curious youths, became extremely interested to hear about this report and quickly became more curious about the news.

The dream buried deep in their minds was now being enjoyed by other young people like them.

The story of youths dropping out of college, taking on the challenge, and fighting through the risks of growing a start-up. A few months later, never giving up and continue innovating with great resolve and finally achieving success and proving their abilities.

This story gave them the motivation to do better, even though, for most, this drive will only last for a short while before dissipating. Still, the number of newly registered users has begun to grow at an alarming rate under the continued media reports.

Naturally, the cost of fame was David's ordinary life being disturbed by some annoying people.

Their photos were featured in various newspapers, and paparazzi began smelling honey, swarming to him like ants.

One day, David suddenly found out that he could not even get out of his house because there were people standing by watching outside.

David remembered yesterday when he went out of the balcony. He could see five or six people crouching outside his villa holding their stupid cameras, blatantly taking pictures.

David only first noticed this situation when Allen suddenly called him on a random morning, asking him many questions and telling him that he was now all over various covers, which made him dumbfounded.

A few days prior, he wasn't paying attention and went out to get some food, and there they are, shoving recorders and cameras on his face.

And on various newspapers and tabloids, his life story suddenly became very interesting.

His pictures at high school doing sports and all kinds of photos have been brought out by these damn paparazzi and spread everywhere like wildfire. Luckily, the photos were great, and David even admired them.

Many women were also attracted to his body and coveted his streamlined figure, imposing appearance, and handsome face with a charming smile. Of course, most importantly, he was rich, so rich.

This, in turn, increased the sales of many small media companies and motivated them to go to further lengths to get newer photos.

The other two founders Jerry Yang and David Filo, also complained that many people were standing by outside their building.

But listening to their voices, David can only hang up from speechlessness.

Yes, I know you both are also being bothered every day. If you are really annoyed, why do you both sound so excited?

"It doesn't matter now. We will be disappearing for a while. They won't get anything now."

"Hahaha! Finally, you agreed to go on a trip together. I've been bored for so long. Beaches and hot girls, here we come!"

Allen had been pestering him to have some fun in Hawaii. David also has a small house in Hawaii left by his parents, but it was booked by others at this moment, so they can only stay in a vacant property that Allen had access to. Their family also had properties for investments right there.

"Originally, I wanted to stay at home for a while, but there were so many people. This is good too. We can enjoy our vacation and have a lot of fun. No one will be disturbing us. After all, there is also a private beach available."

There are many successful people in this world, and Yahoo only occupies a tiny part of it. David knows that the excitement surrounding them will soon pass.

Of course, this will only last until he makes another news, but these problems will become trivial at that time.

"Still, I should probably start getting my own security. You know, it's not safe out there. There are a lot of people who would jump on to do stupid things."

Take precautions before worse things happen. David has always believed this, so he had already started inquiring about security systems and some people.

Though maybe it might be best for him if he moves to a new house. His house is meant for showing off after all, and there is not much privacy in there.

The villa also isn't necessarily secure because the plot of land isn't very big. People can easily peek inside through the gate, and there are not many covers in the surroundings.

"My dad should have a lot of connections. Special forces or mercenaries, anything you want. The business needs it the most, so they've been hiring a lot of them. I can ask next time, but now we need to go. That's our plane right there!"

Both of them quickly stood up and walked through the VIP area. Easily going through the security screening, they made their way to the plane.

 

 

 

New Chapter five times a week! (Except Tuesday and Wednesday)

 

32