Chapter 24 Thrilling Adventures
1.9k 1 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Over the next few days, they truly enjoyed all fun and the exciting adventure they could experience.

Not only have they visited various resorts and shopped around the bustling tourist centers, but they also hopped in an RV and spent a night camping along the way.

There were so many amazing highlights on their endless adventures that David forgot about everything else.

All the sceneries were heavenly. Waterfalls and stunning valleys, they even got the chance to hike to hidden jaw-dropping natural attractions and got close to an active volcano.

At night, they slept peacefully under the countless bright stars.

They spent a day scouring flawless beaches where they experienced the wonders of diving. There was just something magical about night diving that was simply unforgettable.

Along the way, they also didn't forget to sample local wineries, secretly, of course.

And presently, they were greatly enjoying a high-quality dinner.

Served by an extremely well-known chef, the dishes were excellent with a combination of many unique local ingredients.

Every dish had a good balance and was made with skillful techniques, and the use of spices was perfect.

After eating each dish, all of them were conquered. No doubt that the trip to this region was absolutely worth it.

David happily enjoyed his ice cream while others on the opposite side were enjoying their quality wine. It was certainly a good trade, no regrets.

...

"Jerry, how was the company?"

David sat on the balcony, enjoying the breath of fresh cool air of the night, couldn't help but remember the small office floor that Yahoo once occupied as their main office.

Now, Yahoo is no longer a small company. With a valuation of $400 million, they had attracted a wide range of talents to supplement the company's expansion and aggressive growth strategy.

Therefore, the small office they used to occupy was now replaced to have a better quality work environment and comfortably fit thousands of employees.

Now, while David was on vacation, everyone else was only starting to get busier.

The whole country and some people around the world were now keeping an eye on Yahoo, and they have to do all kinds of preparations to face all kinds of challenges.

At the same time, they had also begun to establish branches in other countries, especially Europe and Asia, rapidly expanding their reach while filling the branches with talents.

This is their main priority for the foreseeable future.

As long as they can build a solid foundation on major markets, they can truly become a global company, and just by completing this, they can increase their valuation exponentially.

...

"Jerry, you sound so happy. How does it feel to be rich now?"

"Hahaha, David! I like it very much! This is my dream! I still can't believe it!"

David shook his head and turned up a smile as he listened. Even though Jerry Yang and David Filo can already be considered millionaires when he first invested in Yahoo, this was only the company valuation. In actuality, they didn't have much money.

All this time, they were living an ordinary life, staying in a small apartment and unable to afford luxuries to make their life better.

But now that they have cashed out some shares, they are experiencing a qualitative change in their lives. Naturally, they would be very happy.

"David, you are still so calm. The whole country is going crazy, but you are just so relaxed."

Jerry continued talking before briefly speaking with him, updating him about some issues in the company. This happened many times over the past few days as David wasn't present in the company.

He is still a crucial member after all and was responsible for bringing many new changes. It is natural that they would seek his opinions on certain problems and update him about the situation.

He is an investor, not an employee. There's just no way David would want to suffer being stressed all day long.

This is not the rich life he is dreaming about. If it is fun, maybe when he started playing in Hollywood, then he could possibly consider putting in the extra effort.

But for Yahoo, it is strictly an investment for the money.

This is why David temporarily left the company to Jerry Yang and David Filo. Just by giving his support with his considerable voting share, the two founders can decide anything they want for the company.

Not that it would change anything as originally it was only the two of them making decisions for Yahoo, so David was assured that nothing would go wrong.

He can just patiently wait for Yahoo to develop into a gigantic company. The thought of people out there working hard to make money for him, there is nothing better than this.

The result of all this is that he can go on a vacation any time he wants. David has no responsibility and can freely do whatever he wants.

"So what are you gonna do next?"

"For now, nothing much. Maybe in the future, I can think of something."

In fact, no one knows it, but David already has a set of plans for the rest of the year. The goal of this year is to set up a framework for his important companies.

This also includes starting a Hollywood company and investing in movies.

David will definitely have a lot of fun in Hollywood, especially that he is starting to have his own influence as a Yahoo founder.

In the future, his own popularity will definitely bring him and his company a lot of benefits.

A month ago, David had actually planned to register a film company but stopped himself after some thought.

You know it's too stressful to start a company on your own, and he had seen it first hand by how much work they need to put in just for Yahoo to succeed.

And he has to admit that Yahoo already has it easy since they were one of the first companies in this industry.

However, starting a Hollywood company will bring him too many challenges and headaches, especially since the industry is very competitive.

In the end, after some thought, David realized why does he need to start a new one if he can just acquire a company. So now, that was exactly what he is doing.

Although he could find many small companies easily after some investigations, the process of choosing the right company won't actually be so fast.

This is because he made some specific standards that need to be checked before purchasing the best company that fits his descriptions.

He also hired other companies to do some background checks on each of the potential companies he could find.

The pool of choices from the beginning is already getting smaller and smaller. David will definitely be able to pick the best one soon.

As for investing in Internet companies, David will continue to watch out for some great brands. It's still currently 1995. Next year there might be a lot.

The only challenge is to have more capital. His total assets are increasing, but his cash didn't have any major changes.

As long as he can have more cash, he will have more freedom to do many ventures.

For the lack of cash, David naturally turned towards the financial market.

David sat on the balcony, enjoying the scent of the ocean and the cool air flowing past his skin while clearing his mind.

"Netscape."

He had seen rumors in the newspapers that Netscape planned to go public in the next few months. This time, many parties have begun their inquiries about this company due to the surge of interest for internet companies.

How can David forget about Netscape? He has been waiting for them to go public. The financial market had always been the best place to grow cash. But obviously, there are certain risks involved.

For David, Netscape will be a big cash cow he will be profiting from. Though he doesn't remember every daily price change, there are some general things he could remember.

He will surely not miss it.

 

 

 

New Chapter five times a week! (Except Tuesday and Wednesday)

 

23