Prologue 1
621 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

No matter how long that one second which did not exist felt like for me it did come to an end and the moment it ended I saw and felt that beings hunger vanish and in its place appeared curiosity directed at me. 

 

` No, I will have none of that. ` Immediately I canceled my vision and came back to reality, MY reality. With my comeback, all my senses came back to me and feeling sweet Reality again made me nauseous from the overload of its existence even though I should not be able to get nauseous at all in my current form.

 

Taking a bit of time to reorient myself I turned back to my physical body and with renewed conviction to not become food for that thing, my resolve hits a never before seen ceiling. 

 

` Now all I needed was a solution to my problem. ` Thinking back to what happened when my heart came into contact with my physical body I realised that I don't know what actually happens as I blackout every time for a few seconds. 

 

Not seeing a way out of this, I recalled the knowledge that gave me the method of getting back to life again. After reviewing it again, there was no mention of any reason as to why I blackout every time. According to it there should be no trouble at all to combine my two forms.

 

` So what is the problem I wonder? If the problem is not the method itself then only an outside source could be the reason. ` Immediately that THING popped to me as IT was pulling at my wisp form. Taking a glance at my wisp form I noticed my time was running out as in some places my wispy bones were showing. 

 

Refocusing back at the problem in front of me I tried to theorize a solution. ` Surely my time spent reading so much over the years about magical stuff was not in vain even if all of it was fiction. `

 

` Ok, lets see, if the problem is not the method and it works in a normal situation, if one can call my current situation normal at all. Then, that THING does not want me to return to life again and it's causing the blackout to prevent that from happening. Then the problem is not the blackout since that is only a reaction to my actions but the method which does not suit my current needs. `

 

` So I need to change the method, but how? ` Recalling the knowledge again and I went through it step by step. First was changing the wisp body so that its wisp form could be changed, instead of being locked in a solid state as only then could the heart be moved. Then take the fluid state of the heart and slowly infuse it into the body and that should be all of it.

 

` Hmm I am missing something important, what could it be? ` Thinking about the method again and the blackout it comes to me. ` What I am missing is Time, enough Time to actually transfer my heart and since I don't have time to do it slowly, I have to do it fast enough that the blackout does not interfere with that one moment in which I shove the heart inside. `

 

` So how do I move my heart with speed instead of slowly? ` Thinking about it, only one conclusion came to me. ` I would have to take out my heart and manually shove it back into the physical body as if I was in a physical form again. `

 

Thinking again immediately a few problems appeared. ` First I would have to keep the heart in a solid state while my chest was in fluid form so I could actually take it out at all. While it was solid I would need to bring it over to the physical body, its chest to be precise. There probably is some kind of reason as to why my core is the heart. Once it was over it I would undo the solid state of the heart back into fluid and shove it back inside. `

 

` Weird how I have this feeling that a solid core can't enter but the fluid one can, anyway as I am running out of time I have no other choice either way. Either I do it or it's bye bye for me. ` Hyping myself for it I took my trusty right hand, solidified it and shove it into my chest. 

` Hmm doesn't feel as weird as i expected. ` As my whole body was currently in a fluid state except my right hand there was no real resistance to it. Once my right palm was close to the heart I solidified it for my hand to grasp it and slowly took it out. 

 

The moment it was outside me I felt naked and lonely as if i stood in the middle of a town while an unknown number of gazes would judge me for it.

 

Refocusing again to place the heart above the chest of my physical body I immediately felt a pull like never before on the heart. This time the pull was truly strong as it appeared to grasp at my heart directly instead of my outer form. I had to actually pull a lot of effort to actually counter it. As a response I solidified my left hand as well and took the solid wisp heart in both hands and slowly brought it as close to my physical body's chest as possible. 

 

With every millimeter the heart traversed I felt the pull increase. When it was in position I knew it was either do or die. Concentrating hard for a second I shifted the heart back into a liquid state and pushed it into my physical body as hard as I could in my wisp form but sadly plans never followed reality as imagined. 

The moment I changed the heart to liquid the pull increased exponentially and combined with the moment I came into contact with the physical body I blacked out had no idea if my method worked or not.

 

When I came to myself I was flying through the air and to a certain little black point that marked the bounder of Reality and the Void. This time when I entered it it felt totally different as if it somehow was muted, as if it could no longer evoke any emotion in me at all. 

 

` Yes that's it, I think my emotions are either gone or suppressed. `

 

As I passed through the Void in which time could be infinitely long and infinitely short I soon came upon a small bubble of Reality, to which I knew was my destination.

 

Once I passed its tiny wall of Reality I came to a moderate space of about 2-3 football fields wide in one direction but it was hard to tell as the inside was not measured in just one direction but all of them at once as I found myself in a sphere and something told me the amount of space here could be increased if the owner wanted it. 

 

Once I was inside my form reconstituted itself back but once I looked inside myself I noticed only half of my heart was there. ` I guess half of it remained in my physical body.

A small consolation knowing that the owner of this tiny Reality won't get to eat it, probably. `

 

Speaking of the owner after observing my surroundings with my current logical side as my emotions were not here currently, probably, my gaze centered on the being in front of me if it could be recognized as a being at all. 

The THING in front of me had the form of a big golden ball of something as if to show it was holy or something. When I last looked at IT from outside the bubble, it did not look that big but now inside and from the perspective of a normal sized human form which I currently still hold, it is close to an average house, size wise at least. 

 

IT did not emit any malevolence for me now, in fact even if I could feel any emotion that reaches me it's overwritten by my logical side. I still knew it was fake as its current form is fake and its hunger masked.

 

When I last looked at IT its colour was far more darker and across its surface were numerous tentacles. Just the number of tentacles it had scared me so much that the hunger I had felt at that time was more like an afterthought that my emotions reacted to.

 

While observing IT bit more I tried to perceive its intent. ITs message appeared to me as if somebody spoke to me but I knew it was more of a transmitted thought which my current self transformed into a familiar form of sound to infer ITs meaning and I did not like it one bit.

 

~ You should not have done that, all you have done was prolong your existence by a few more moments.~ 

 

In response I replied with my words not even bothering how I am able to produce sound here or how it travels to it or if it's able to interpret IT at all. “ And YOU have done a makeover for yourself since the last time I have visited you. Is it a response to my reaction of your previous form? ” 

 

Every human conveyed emotion thru sound and body language and right now everything that came out of me had not one bit of emotion in its intent. It was more of a logical statement to its behavior than an interest of mine.

 

~ Yes as there is no need for my combat form as of this moment. Despite what you have experienced, the Void is far more dangerous than you can imagine. ~ Was its replay.

 

I took a few sec to formulate my reply “ Be that as it may I still experienced the hunger you currently hide. Know this if your intent is to consume me I WILL fight for my existence with everything I have ”.

 

~ There is no need for that, for once you have understood everything you will understand your purpose in life even if you do not accept it.

 

From ITs words I confirmed I was far more important to it than I thought, especially in the last part of the message I translated somehow as words and perceived in its message I recognized a tiny bit of annoyance. 

 

` Why did that last part sound as if this being is very familiar with me as if we have met before? ` 

“ What will happen if I do not accept whatever it is you want me to understand. ” I wanted to know so I asked just in case.

 

It's replay came and this time I did not interpret any annoyance, but what I did was confidence and surety about its prediction. 

~ Whether you accept it or not does not change a single thing for me as your END is the same. No matter the choice your existence will cease as I will not allow any other outcome, but what will change is the way it will happen ~

 

Receiving that i immediately could imagine it. It was the choice of surrender to its WILL and willingly let it eat me or fight, but somehow I knew my chances of winning were abysmally low. 

 

Just thinking about having my fate decided but this THING evoked resentfulness or at least i wanted it to but no emotion surfaced. Though, even if I am ruled by logic right now it does not matter as I will definitely fight no matter what it says, but first I'll fish for more answers. 

 

“So my choices are to get willingly eaten or fight and still get eaten? ” I pose that question while looking at its house sized golden ball form, and tried my best to emulate a hateful stare, though it was hard without emotions as the origin, but the message went across.

 

Immediately came a replay as a big fat ~ YES ~. 

11