Chapter 10 – First step
224 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Morning came and it was time for my little sister training montage.

I woke up early and within a sec I was up and ready. Wore my clothes and made lunch for us both. Nothing grand, just some sandwiches. Done, It was time to wake the sleepy head. I knocked on the door but she was not waking. ` Probably too early for her now that she's on summer break. `

So I just went in. Standing in front of her bed I looked for a bit, but only a bit as it was time to go. Taking my right index finger I poked her cheeks. “ Amila, Amila hey wake up. It's time we go. ”

“ Hghhnh “ I rolled my eyes to that. ` Guess it's the hard way then. `

I picked up her blanket and pulled it off. As a good measure I used it to slam it on her gently as a wake up call. “ Gahh, what, what is going on? ”

“ Common it's time we go. ” I say.

“ What, go where? ” Looks like I have to jog her memory a bit too. “ It's training time. Remember we agreed last night to fix our problem. ”

She looked at me with open eyes as if still not believing it was gonna happen. “ Don't look at me with those big eyes. Come, get up, wear something easy to move in and lets go. I'll be waiting for you downstairs. You have 5 minutes otherwise I'll be back again. ”

So I went downstairs and waited. Through my Sphere of Perception I could see her pulling on her clothes. ` I really am lucky my Sphere of Perception appeared to me. In its default usage it showed me the shape of everything and even without details I knew I was getting a good view of things. Haha. `

It took a bit more than 5 minutes but I didn't rush her. Soon she was down and we went.

For young people like her youth brings many advantages but no matter what advantages, there are always limits to anything. The relative flat part before the mountain was fine but when it came to climbing it, well within minutes she was already slightly panting.

Five minutes later it got heavier, 5 minutes later she was already sweating. But I didn't stop and for some reason she didn't say a thing. She just followed.

It was only when she couldn't anymore and was about to call it out that I stopped. I motioned for her to come. “ Come here, we will take a break of 5 min.” Once she was close I looked at her closer and placed my hand on her shoulder. “ Don't move. ” For a second she gave me that look as if I would do something. Well I did do something but not what she expected.

Using the essence I gathered last night I attuned some of it to her and used it to remove the fatigue and encourage growth and adaptation. Soon she was back in form, mostly. I didn't use that much as I had to force her body to break its limits.

While I didn't say anything, she did feel how she was back in shape in minutes. She was about to say something but I stopped it. “ Lets go, 5 minutes are up. ” Not really but she did not need to notice it. And so it went. No talk only walking up the mountain and taking short breaks with me using a bit of essence on her just enough so she could continue while panting.

This quiet pace gave me time to think about how to get her ability in order. From what I understood so far she should be a natural empath and due to the Link between us it should be possible to accelerate her learning.

Much later with many breaks we reached the top of this particular mountain. It wasn't anything grand but it was the spot where I had done my training and did my ascension/enlightenment.

` Still not sure what to call it yet. `

Once there I left my bag by the usual spot and looked around at the view. Due to still being a bit early one could still view mist spots here and there. Not looking at her I addressed her. “ I don't think you have ever been up here, or any mountain to be honest. What do you think of the view.”

Took her a while to calm her breath but she did look around with wide eyes. Careful to take in the view for the first time ever. It was only after a while she replied. “ It's beautiful. I can see so far from here. I've never been so high before. Is this why you came here? ” Raising my eyebrow at that comment I shook my head.

“No, while the view is ok I am sure there are better ones in the World. No the reason I come up here is to avoid people as very rarely someone comes up here. Especially in these days as most have given up on farming and the forest has started to take back everything. It's much easier to live lower down the mountain. You see that mountain there. ” Taking a second for her to react I pointed at a certain mountain and the building on it. “ The only people that would ever come this high are those that built some cottages this high up and even then they only come up when there is something to celebrate. ”

“ Does that reason satisfy you? ” I asked while looking at her. She only nodded. “ Either way let's do what we came up here for. To train you but before we begin we need to set some basics down. “ Motioning for her to sit down, I continued. “ The first thing you need to know is what an emphatic ability is. ”

To increase the speed of learning I had thought of our link to send her the feelings of how something happened. ` Let's hope it works. If it does it will ease everything else by a lot. `

I projected my feelings to her. “ Do you feel that? ” A nod came and I asked again. “ What do you feel? ”

“ It's Love. Like I have always felt it before. ” She said while blushing a bit as she understood it now more but she was still clueless. “ Good and how does that make you feel? ”

“ Like I am enveloped by this warm feeling and, and I can feel it alive the body. It feels really great. It makes me really happy. ”

` Good let's see how she will react to negative emotion. Let's go with Hate. ` For me it was easy to emulate any kind of emotion but it's even easier if you have a particular emotion stored in some memory because then all you have to do is bring that memory into play.

Immediately her eyes went wide, her face was shock frozen like all of her body. Not moving an inch. Soon she started having trouble breathing as if the body was incapable of it. I ease in on it and transfer to Love again.

“ Uhaaa “ Finally her body remembers it needs to breathe and her mouth opened wide to take it all in. It took her a bit to calm down even with my emotion of Love transmitted to her.

When she finally came to herself she started to cry.

Honestly I didn't expect her to cry so easily. ` Must have taken a greater hit than I thought. I guess being so sensitive does have downsides. Not to mention we have a direct Link available. `

I didn't stop her this time, better to let it out. Once she calmed down I spoke to her again. “ How was it? ” I was really curious how it felt as nobody had ever used something like it.

“ It felt terrible. Brother, it felt like you hated me from the deepest pit as if I was nothing to you. The more I felt it, the more it was as if I was sinking into that pit. It was terrible. Brother why did you do that. ”

Sigh. “ Sorry little sister but you had to feel that. You see Love and Hate are two sides of the same coin. It is very easy for one to transition from one to the other but it's far more likely to go from positive to negative then from negative to positive. ” This time i went to her and gave her a hug.

“ Listen, if you are truly an empath that means that once you learn to use your ability it's far more likely for you to come into contact with them then positive ones. ” Giving her a second to understand I continue. “ It is better that you come into contact with it now then later. So you can recognise what you are receiving and deal with it. ”

“ Is it better now? ” I gave her some pats on the back while still using my emotion of Love on her and she calmed down. “ Yes it's better now but don't do that again, OK. ”

I sighed again but shook my head. “ Sorry but you will have to experience it more to not be paralyzed like you have been now. I know you don't like it but it must happen now. ” Realising her from the hug I looked her in the eye and asked again. “ It must happen. This time will be different as you will be more prepared but it will still be hard. ”

Not seeing her reply I sent an emotion of seriousness and asked again. “ Are you ready? ” To me it felt like I betrayed her but this had to happen, but she eventually nodded. Seeing the signal but unlike last time I didn't go full throttle on her but let it slowly ramp up.

This time being ready made it easier to withstand but as the feeling of Hate slowly grew so did her discomfort. Weathering it much better she lasted much longer even under its full might.

Again when she was close to her limit I eased it up and again I slowly let the Hate transition to Love to make it easier on her to notice its differences.

Once Hate transitioned into Love it was much easier to calm down. Once she calmed down I spoke again. “ How was it this time? ”

“ It was better. As you went slow this time it was easier to bear it but I still don't like it.”

“ Haha ” I could only laugh at that.

“ Why are you laughing now? ” Shaking my head, I explained. “ Usually it's the things we don't like that are the things we need the most. ” Seeing her confused face I knew she didn't get it.

“ It's ok, most people won't get it until it's too late. It was like that for me too but it's best we prepare you so maybe you wont need to go through situations for that to happen. ”

“ Ok you've calmed down. Ready for another round? ” Heh, she could only nod as, I probably would just surprise her if she wasn't.

Time passed, soon came noon and it was time for lunch.

“ Let's stop here and have some lunch. ” I immediately stopped my emission in total surprise to her. Being exposed to Hate and then suddenly it stopped can surprise anyone but I think it was more that she was expecting me to use Love again to help her but none came.

“ Come let's eat and no this time it's up to you to shake out of it on your own.” It took her a bit but she did come around. We ate in silence at least it was that way until a question came upon me. “ Brother, can I ask you something. I am really curious about it. ”

“ Sure go ahead I'll answer whatever you want to know.”

“ Is it because of the car accident that you can do this or could you always do these kinds of things. ” The question was laced with hesitancy.

“ Hmm, why is it that you want to know. ” Curious as to why she brought it up. I asked back.

“ Umm, ever since the accident you changed. When I look at you all I see is brother but at the same time it feels as if you are a different person. You never did things like this before. Like going up the mountains and train. ”

“ I see, then tell me what is the biggest difference you can tell. ” I really am curious as to the differences she felt.

“ Before you never were this active. Sometimes one could catch you staring at the air or other stuff for a long time but whenever anybody asked about it, all you said was ` It's nothing, just lost in thought ` . ” Taking a second to gather her thoughts, she continued. “ But now it's like somebody else lives in your body. Not only do you actively interact with me but with others as well and not once have I seen you stare at something again. ”

`Probably because now I can just increase the speed of my thoughts. `

“ Interesting. But it's easy to explain at least for me. The problem is will you believe me if I say it? ” Seeing a hesitant nod, I continue. “ It may come hard for you to believe but the best explanation would be in the form of sleepwalking. ”

“ I am sure i don't have to explain what sleepwalking is, do I ” Amila shook her head at that. “ Again I am sure our parents told you about my accident about falling from a tree when I was about 11 years old. ” Again a nod came. “ It was then that my awareness went to sleep and my body was sleepwalking through life for me. ”

Her shocked face at that revelation needed no explanation. “ Told you it was hard to believe but it's still the truth. The car accident that happened not long ago was the wake up call for me to wake up. By the way it was me that caused it or should I say my sleepwalking self did. ”

Even more shocked now she had no idea what to say probably. Not giving her a chance to interrupt me, I continued. “ As for the true reason I was asleep, well that one is a much longer story and will be told later when I feel like it. ”

Again some quiet time came and lunch ended.

Lunch ended and I stood up while motioning for her to come. “ Let's change things up a bit. This time we won't be going for Love/Hate but other emotions too and I think I know the best one to start with. Prepare yourself, you wont like this one even more than Hate. ”

To be able to project your emotion one first has to be aware of it. Positive ones are easier as they are more gentle but the negative ones pack quite the punch. For Hate I used that thing in the Void. ` I hated it so much that it turned into rage and I burned it to nothing but for Fear I'll use the memory of my first meeting with it. `

When I did it I started slow again. It was best to start slow with this one as the human body had only two reactions it could produce when confronted with Fear. Get frozen in Fear and then run or get frozen and fight through that Fear. Human scientists even gave it an appropriate name, the Flight or Fight response and there was no in between.

When Amila first felt it it wasn't anything really but as it grew I immediately saw her body respond. Heart rate increased while adrenaline was secreted for faster response time no matter the choice. Of course her never being in a situation like this she was paralyzed by indecision.

When I knew it was too much I immediately cut it off letting her body calm down and process all that happened to it.

Once it was off she started to pant for breath as that burst of increased heart rate needed oxygen to fuel everything. It took a few minutes for her to calm down. “ How was it this time? Do you know which emotion I had used? ”

“ Ha, ha, I am not sure. It was easy when it started, but as it went on it felt like my vision started to narrow down, like I was in a tunnel and I could only focus on you. Everything else was gone and, and it felt as if there was something there that wanted to eat me alive. ” With practice indeed she was able to recognize more.

“ Good, that was Fear. It's one of the most important emotions a living lifeform can have. It's what keeps them alive usually. I say usually but it's just as possible for it to trip you hard and be the reason for one's death. ” I knew all too well what it meant to face that which you Fear. “ From now on whenever you are close to me I will randomly use Fear on you to make you used to it but not not overexposed as then you will start ignoring its signs telling you that something is wrong. ”

“ Ah I probably should tell you this also. Emotions are a byproduct of our bodies being on autopilot. They were created for situations where your senses have sensed something but your conscious mind was unable to comprehend it immediately. ” I sighed. “ One has to wonder at what life created in us. ”

` Too bad right now the human environment is changing too fast and natural evolution can't keep up. For that geneticist will be needed and it will be there where I will have to shift my attention at some point. `

Coming out of my thoughts a few seconds later I eyed Amila and nodded for her to prepare. It will be a long day and will be an even longer summer for her.

“ Ready ”

3