CHAPTER TWO “LIN YU”
22 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Today, Xie Xie was invited by one of his fellow part-timer in the coffee shop to take a job for one night in a luxurious hotel in City B. The work is very simple and also in line with his other part time jobs as a waiter: delivering foods & beverages to the banquet attendees. 

"Xie Xie, I already told my manager that I will bring you today. Since this is a very big banquet, we need as many workforce as possible. Don't worry, you'll get your pay after the job." 

Xie Xie nodded without hesitation. He really needs the money for his mother's hospital bill and medicine this month. 

"Thank you, Zhang Wei! I will definitely do my job well tonight so that you will not lose face to the manager for recommending me." 

"Don't mention it..." Zhang Wei said while shaking his head. 

Zhang Wei knows Xie Xie for half a year now. Even though they're not in the same university, he can tell that this person is struggling in earning some money just like him. Better for him since his brother has given him allowance every month. 

Both of them arrived together in the hotel before the banquet started. All of the regular staff and part timer were brief on what to do. After that, they change into their uniforms and go to their designated post. 

Xie Xie was assigned to be in the banquet hall to bring beverages to the attendees. He look at the luxurious designs of the surroundings and the invited guest coming from the big families. He also see some big names in the business and entertainment industries. 

He heard from Zhang Wei that today is the 70'th birthday of the Patriarch of Chen Family who owned the 5 star Chen Empire hotel and other branches all over the country.

For Xie Xie, this is not the first time that he sees this kind of banquet. Before, he always attended together with his parents.

While serving the guest with drinks, he see a familiar face. He could not help and roll his eyes. It is Song Ji again!

"Young master Xie, you're also attending this banquet? But this time as a waiter!" Song Ji said mockingly.

"Don't disturb me." He said quietly trying to ignore him. 

Song Ji laughed, "As if you are worthy of my attention."

"Yes, I'm not worthy. So the high and mighty Young Master Song can go now?" He annoyingly said.

Song Ji look at him for a second, "Let's see if you still have that kind of attitude when Chairman Lin sees you! If I were you, you should go now..."

"W-What?" Xie Xie uttered in difficulty and before he could say another word again, he heard the commotion in the surrounding.

Xie Xie heard some of the guest nearby were saying.

"Chairman Lin came to the banquet. It's very rare for him to attend in this kind of event..."

"Chairman Lin's grandfather is the bestfriend of the Chen Patriarch. Though the Lin and the Chen Family had never cooperated with business lately, it's very natural that he's only giving a face to the old man."

That man called Lin Yu... Xie Xie can never forget that person... When he was in high school, he had met him three times. The first one was during the Lin Family's banquet, the second time was when Lin Yu's parents funeral, and the third was when he attended his father's verdict in court. 

"Xie Xie, don't make trouble... Later, your dad will introduce us to the Lin's main family..."  His mom remind him. 

"Mom, when did I make trouble? It's not like it's the Song Family's banquet..."

"When you see Song Ji later, don't fight with him or else your dad will lose face again..."

Xie Xie pouted his lips, but still nod at his mother's request. Then his eyes begins to wander around and stop at the guy with a bright smile among the crowd. His tall and lean body  suited with his slate grey tuxedo and his handsome appearance can even make the gods envy. 

That guy looks so warm... 

"What are you looking at Elder Brother Lin?" Song Ji asked him who just came out of nowhere. 

"Huh?" Xie Xie looked at him. "W-What are you talking about? Don't talk nonsense!"

"Don't dream of talking to Elder Brother Lin... You don't even have the qualification. For all the young generations like us coming from the prominent families, Brother Lin is the one who excelled the most."

Xie Xie rolled his eyes and sarcastically said, "Then why are you calling him Elder Brother Lin? If I'm not worthy, then so are you!"

"You---------" 

"Yeah, me!" Xie Xie said and ignored Song Ji. 

He look back at Lin Yu and to his surprise, that guy is also looking at him. "What's so good about him that I'm not even worthy to look? Tsk..." He thought and then snub him. 

Just like when he first saw him, that Lin Yu really stands out among the crowd. The only  difference is that he's not smiling anymore. That warm guy turns into a cold man and that was because of what Xie Xie's father has done to Lin Yu's parents. 

His father was convicted of murdering Lin Yu's parents. When his dad was serving his sentence in prison, he slit his wrist and was found dead in his cell. 

It was not very clear to him, what really happened before. The only thing he knew was that Lin Yu's Father snatched a big investment in their company that made the Xie Family faced bankruptcy. 

"J-Just go now... It's best for you to avoid Chairman Lin." Song Ji said to him. "He is so powerful right now, all of the prominent families in our country could not even touch him." 

Well, what Song Ji said is true. After Lin Yu's parents died, the former Chairman of the Lin family gave all the power to him. On the day that he took the position, it was very bloody. He eradicated all the people who worked for his relatives who have bad intention to the company and even the higher executives could not do anything but rendered their resignation. In just two years after he took over the chairman's position, the Lin Corporation stands above all the businesses in their country and even make its way and rank as Top 3 as the richest and most powerful corporation in Asia. 

Xie Xie wake up from his thoughts and look at Song Ji, "Are you concern?"

"W-What? What are you saying?!" Song Ji said trying to lower his voice but it was very obvious that it flared up. 

"Then don't say words like that..." Xie Xie said back at him and then left the hall. 

Without their knowing, Lin Yu's line of sight look at  Xie Xie's back who leave the banquet hall just now. 

 

~END OF CHAPTER TWO

 

THE AUTHOR'S MINI THEATHER: 

Xie Xie: I'm going to escape for now. 

Lin Yu: Still, I'm going to find you.. 

0