CHAPTER THREE “WITH A COMMON DENOMINATOR: Lin Yu”
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Xie Xie ask the manager if he can work in the background instead of bringing beverages in the banquet hall. At first the manager is reluctant to agree but since the kitchen is quiet busy, he was assigned to them directly. 

He did his best to work and tried not to think of anything related to the past until the end of his shift.

He received his payment and then said goodbye to Zhang Wei.

While walking to the nearest bus stop, Xie Xie notice a car that is following him. By looking at it, one would see that the car is so expensive and a limited edition that even those other rich people could not owned it. 

He frowned and tried to walk faster. He knows that the owner of the car is not Song Ji, and his instinct also told him to escape. Suddenly he remember what Song ji said earlier. 

"J-Just go now... It's best for you to avoid Chairman Lin." Song Ji said to him. "He is so powerful right now, all of the prominent families in our country could not even touch him." 

Xie Xie could now hear his fast heartbeat and he could not walk anymore. He just stand there and slowly look at car who also stop when he stopped walking. 

A middle age man with an executive attire walk out in the passenger of the car. He knows this person. Though he never talk to him before, but he's quite familiar with him as Chairman Lin's secretary. 

"Young master Xie, have you been well?" the middle age man named Gou Zhi greeted him. 

He nodded, "S-Secretary Gou? D-Did you need me for something?" 

"Chairman Lin is inside the car." Secretary Gou politely said to him. 

"H-Huh?" he uttered. 

His heart skips a beat and look at the car again. To his surprise, the back seat window was suddenly open and there he saw Lin Yu. The man is not looking at him, instead he's looking at the documents that he's holding. 

The mature and serious demeanor of Lin Yu made him feel so inferior and even when he's not looking at him, he is inexplicably oppress by this person. 

"Chairman Lin! Chairman Lin! Can you have them investigate again?! I know my husband, he will never do such thing!" Xie Xie's mother  beg and even kneel in front of Chairman Lin. 

Xie Xie look at his mother crying and felt ache in his heart. He also see a lot of people in the wake whispering and mocking them, mother and son. 

"What a thick skin! She still denied that his husband did not kill anyone when there's already an evidence.."  one of the person said it in a low voice but even so, everyone in the wake heard it.

Chairman Lin did not even take a glance at Xie Xie's mother , so she  grab Lin Yu's hand...  

"Little Yu, please talk to Chairman Lin for us... I know you're a good kid... I'm begging you..." 

Xie Xie saw Lin Yu's reaction when his mother grab him. It was shock at first , then there's agony written in his face that turned into hatred. 

"Xie Xie, what are you doing? Why are you not kneeling? Let's beg Chairman Lin and Little Yu for your father..."  His mother said while loudly crying. 

Xie Xie trembled. When everything around is such a mess, his temper exploded. 

"Mom! They're just mocking at us! Let's get out of here! The two people you're begging did not even blink and concerned with your crying.." Xie Xie pulled his mother to stand up and then looked at Chairman Lin and Lin Yu, " I tell you, my father is a good person! Why would I beg and kneel in front of you?! You--- Lin Yu! My father did not kill your parents! You heard me?!"

"Xie Xie!" his mother shouted at him. 

"Young master Xie, please." Secretary Gou lead him to the car and open the opposite door where Lin Yu was sitting. 

Xie Xie get inside and sit beside the man. With his heart beats faster than normal, he look at Lin Yu whom have busied his self to the documents he's holding. He wanted to speak first so that he can go right away, but then again he decided to wait for awhile. 

He waited and waited, but Lin Yu did not speak any words to him. The silence suffocates him and he could not help to glance at him again and force himself to speak. 

"C-Chairman Lin..." he said but his voice is so quiet like a whisper. 

Lin Yu stop looking at his documents and stares at him. Xie Xie almost stops breathing when both of their eyes meet each other. 

"I'll drive you home." Lin Yu said and then order the driver to drive him home. 

Xie Xie frowned and wanted to protest, but when he remember what Song Ji told him, he let things go. 

Lin Yu did not talk again, so he decided to look outside the window of the car just like what he usually do when going home to calm his mood. But, this time is different. A lot of things has been clouding his mind, "This man... is he trying to get revenge to me and my mom? Why did he come now?" 

Until the car stops in front of the building of his rented apartment, he still could not help himself thinking of a lot of things with a common denominator: Lin Yu. 

"T-Then Chairman Lin, I'll go. Thank you for driving me home." Xie Xie said trying to calm his voice...

Lin Yu look at the building of his rented apartment... Xie Xie is also embarrass with it. His apartment  is located in the rundown area and it also showed that the place itself was dilapidated. A lot of people rent here because of it's cheap price. But what can he do? All the money he earned from working was used for his tuition fe and his mother's hospital bills and medicine. 

"You go." Lin Yu said with a limited words. 

Xie Xie also said goodbye to Secretary Guo and then quickly went out of the car and walk faster to get inside his apartment. 

~END OF CHAPTER THREE

AUTHOR'S MINI THEATHRE: 

Lin Yu: I secretly took a glance at you. 

Xie Xie: Are you trying to get revenge on me? 

0