4 Rune-Stone – Moira
12 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Exiting the stone ring Moira startled. There was a magician nearby. She felt the disturbances in ley lines caused by the constant drawing of mana on an unconscious level. Moira could tell it wasn't fey kin or some magical beast but a moon-shadow-elv. It had been some time since her last encounter with a scum like this. Demon Hunters. Self-righteous bastards. Most were amateurs, who didn't know how to tell a Sidhe from a demon, but this one had more to it. Maybe a chosen one. Those were not as stupid as the rest of their kind.
But knowing that she also felt that there was something wrong with the magician. She sighed.

Moira knew her friend. Tora would be a grumpy nuisance at the first glance but would never turn down somebody in need. And she of all creatures had a soft spot for those creepy bastards. That girl looked like she needed help. Tora would help her. That meant she, too, was in for a lot of work at least...

As she left the stone she saw the person she felt earlier. A little mouse of an elven girl, though her appearance was quite eccentric like all moon-shadow-elves'. Silver hair and violet eyes, slightly shy. But as she looked into those eyes she saw a fire. Friend or foe she couldn't decide.
But she knew that this girl was her next job.

Moira didn't talk to the girl but entered the tavern hoping she was wrong about her premonition.

The moment she saw her friends face she sighed again. Tora had a certain sparkle in her eyes. She was on a mission and this mission involved her.

 

Tora took out a rune stone. That damn thing had brought more dangerous and difficult work than all of Moira's other contacts together. Most of it wasn't even worth it - with regards to the payment. Even disregarding the girl was a damned moon-shadow.

She sighed. One day she would have to take that damn thing back. It was a promise included in that stone of hers. She couldn't let any of the recorded tasks pass without at least listen to the employer. Tora knew.

Sometimes Moira the shadow hated her commitment to the Barkeeper.

'well... Give that damned thing to me. I will listen as always. And than get that little witch of yours over. I want to get over with the job as soon as possible. I might not even take it on. She smells like trouble.'the merchant grunted more than a little displeased.

' you shouldn't always be displeased when I am giving you a task. Wasn't it always just and morally good work? And most of the time you needn't even kill someone. Quiet seldom in that bloody trade of yours. I know you don't like moon-shadows, but they are still your kin, aren't they?'

'damn. Tora. You know how many times this morality crap nearly got me killed. Don't ya? Reach it over already. Ain't got all eternity.'

'technically you got all eternity. You're immortal.'
Tora grinned but reached the rune stone over.

Moira connected and grew pale. It was much worse than expected.
She couldn't even take that even if she wanted. All she could do was being a guide. That little girl didn't know what she was doing either that or she was the dumbest person Moira ever met.

This little mouse bit of much than she could chew. She didn't even know that she made a deal with the literal devil.
Moira guessed that the demon didn't tell her who he was. That was bad real bad.
Moira and all other fay had to take an oath before leaving the Sidhe for the first time. They were not allowed to interfere with other immortal realms in any way that could be interpreted as hostile. If not provoked.

Even talking to the girl was walking a thin line and only possible due to the fact the girl didn't know what she dealt with.

Tora who had watched her always composed friend grow pale for the first time in many years asked 'this bad?'

'worse. Get her in. I'll inform her about what she got into, but that's the end of the tether. I am literally bound not to interfere if not severely provoked by the other party.' Moira answered in a worried matter.

Tora opened the taverns door and brought the girl in. Together they went into the back room.

1