5 Sidhe Princess, High Judge and Mercenary – Lunara & Tora
15 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The negotiations had already started. That was a fact Lunara was aware of the same moment she entered the back room. A dangerous looking woman sat at the huge wooden table and watched her very movement as she entered. The disgust in her slitted green eyes as well as her unwelcoming posture were not a good sign. The young elf sighed.

She knew this face. It was pictured in books about heroes as well in such about criminals. Moira the Shadow, the very best mercenary in the Unity, which was short for Unity of realms, which referred to all realms, immortal and mortal, which were subject to the order. That included the several Mortal planes, the Celestial, the Grey and the Infernal Plane. Her problem belonged to the Infernal Plane and her solution, if and only if the mercenary agreed to work for her, was a princess of the Grey Plane and with her stemming from a Mortal plane, one could say they were treading dangerous ground. Lunara knew, but the rune on her neck didn't leave her much of a chance.

 

'So you decided not to uphold your part of a deal??' Moira asked in a low but resounding voice.

'How am I to trust you, oath-breaker?' she asked looking at her nails, she had started to clean using a short but sharp dagger. It was made of silver, not steal or iron, as Lunara knew, since Sidhe were vulnerable to this material. Lunara gulped at this open hostility. She wanted to turn, but a light pat on her shoulder reassured her.

 

'My, my Moira, aren't we a little unwelcoming today, one could assume you a racist, like the rest of your folk.' Tora chuckled lightly holding the mercenaries stern gaze, that seemed to spark.

'Do I really have to remember you that you've sworn an oath to at least listen to each customer I bring?' she furthered in a light a relaxed tone, that didn't even tried to hide the steal in her voice.

 

'No you don't have to... but this is literally the first time I see you mingle with oath-breakers, which are only a little better than traitors. And this one stems from a folk of traitors and oath-breakers. She is a damned moon-shadow-elv.' Moira hissed through her gritted teeth and furthered 'Working for scum makes one reek of shit.'

 

'My, my, my one could think you have personal experience.' Tora chortled.
' I do. But since I am bound by my word as any of my folk, Tora Black-Sword, I will keep it and listen. You may begin, girl, but better be quick to tell me why I should bother any further than this.' the mercenary answered with steel in her voice.

 

'Go on.' Tora whispered into Lunara's ear and pushed her forward.

 

'My name is Lunara and I am no oath-breaker, but I have no wish to hold my end of an oath that has been broken. The protection of a village that is ruined by the oath-holders own minions? Is that how you keep an oath? To ruin and than claim I hadn't stated the state it has to be?? I don't think so.. to steal our sacred mood-stone for his own dark magic and claim he would safe-keep it... until I became one of his own...' the young elven girl cried.

'That's indeed not the way to keep ones end of an oath. Did you tell the High-Counsel?' Moira asked seemingly interested.

'They said they were negotiating far more relevant cases, I should make an appointment and return in a decade.' Lunara answered 'That's why I am here. To ask for help before I turn into a demon unable to voice my claim.'

'Ugh, I guess the Infernals hold the chair right now. Am I right, Tora? You are always better informed about stuff like this.' Moira asked looking at the innkeeper who facepalmed and answered 'Yes w...ugh....THEY do. You should really know that. As far as I know you are one of the judges in you period, aren't ya?'

 

'That I am. Forced by the court, my mother and my paternal aunt, the ever-mingling Dryke Y Goch. But my servitude only starts in ten years... and it's not that I could escape it anyhow. The moment our period begins I am summoned and bound to the court for the whole duration. Inescapable duty.' Moira sighed and shook her head.

At the same time Lunara's eyes gleamed with joy. A judge of the High-Counsel, if she could convince her to help her...

 

'Don't let her fool you with her seemingly lax attitude, she is one of the most-feared judges of the High-Counsel, a real bloodhound unable to stand injustice.' Tora told the flabbergasted Lunara and added 'even the demon-lords fear her summon.'

Moira's became tight slits as she heard her friends praise. 'That's because I know, when one of them tries to influence me. Be careful, Tora, I value our friendship.'

'I am sorry. You are right. Old habits die hard.' the innkeeper said and bowed her head in apologize. She shuddered inwardly. For the first time in centuries her friend had found it necessary to pull ranks. Right now she wasn't talking to Moira her friend, but to Moira, princess of the Sidhe, judge at the High-Counsel. Tora had to tread lightly now. At the same time she could have smacked herself for her own stupidity. Trying to influence Moira the shadow, the famous incorruptible judge.

The only one even her father had feared.

'Go on, Girl, don't feel disturbed by our banters. My friend knows her place. We may continue. What am I supposed to do for you? As you might already know the realms are on the verge of war... and as a princess and judge of the High-Counsel I need to keep up order not disturb it. That means I am not able to solve your problem directly, I am only able to guide you to places that are beneficial to your task and offer counsel at what to do.' Moira told Lunara in a serious tone with raised eyebrows.

Tora cheered inwardly. Her friend had just offered to help. 'She simply hates injustice, that's what saved your ass, even considering your faux-pas.' Tora thought.

'Any form of help would be great. I am looking for guidance to either stop or delay demonification until I could stake my claim at High-Counsel. If there is any way to declare that one-sided deal nought, it would be even better. I want legal justice for my kin and the return of our ancestral heirloom.' Lunara voiced her claim fiercely looking into Moira's dragon eyes.

'Very well. That is indeed possible. We can delay, but not stop. It will be hard but feasible. The rest of your claim and the annulment is for the High-Counsel to decide. A High-Counsel I will only be able to attend as a counsellor, not as a judge, that means you have to deal with the Lord of the Wild Hunt as High-Judge, my deputy in this office. He is a highly volatile and arrogant, but fair man. A real Bloodhound, if you excuse my pun.' Moira answered thoughtfully and furthered

 

' I offer you a deal. I will call upon you thrice. Three favours. This deal will still be intact if you fail and turn into a demon... three times I will summon you... for that privilege I offer you to take you give you three trials that lead to your protection of any magical influence including the Infernals... First we will visit one of the Mortal planes, the Dwarven Kingdom to forge you a weapon. You will ask Elric Torinsson to forge it for you in exchange for a trial of his choosing. It will save your life.

Second we will travel to the Sidhe and there to the court of Manannan Mac Lir. There you will get your ride to your third destination and a blood-red flower, that stops the flow of time. If you are able to survive his trial. And last but not least we will travel to the Infernal Plane to get an abyssal cloak, that slows any transformation or curse.' the incorruptible judge offered.

 

Lunara knew that the consequences of breaking this oath would be far worse than anything she had to fear right now.

But at the same time she knew, she could trust Moira unconditionally. The Sidhe would not betray her. That thought made her agree.

'Okay. I agree to your offer.' She told the waiting Sidhe who nodded and smiled.

'Since the formalities are done, please call me Moira, we will spend a lot of time together and I like a friendly banter much more than a stiff conversation. We are not at the High-Counsel right now. Act normally. We will set off tomorrow and get Tora pack supplies... You pay.' the formally high and mighty princess switched back into her lax mercenary mode and smiled mischievously. Tora facepalmed but smiled at the same time. She really liked her friends carefree attitude, since she knew she was serious when necessary.

1