Psionic Spear Chapter 3
31 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Date: Unknown
Location: Unknown
Era: The Drift

Lost in the vastness of the cosmos, trapped and squeezed mercilessly, longing for our freedom, we lost all that we once knew as home.

In our lethargy we felt like we were stripped of our place in the stars and as in one devastating burst, we flew through reality itself, we could see things none of us could ever have imagined, strange entities, singular material forms, primitive or incredibly advanced civilizations. We decided with curiosity to keep digging, while all this was happening around us.

Plunged in a sort of cosmic voyage, we could see and understand the immensity of the cosmos but many of us imprisoned by our reduced place in this great ray of stellar light lost our heads, to the point of being unable to support our surroundings, dissolving its energetic existence in itself.

We did not know how long it was or would be before we could see outside again, we watched as our dimension collapsed and the survivors gradually withered and perished.

-We can't take it anymore!" a group of Eolytos announced, "There must be something we can do!" they released a violet flash furiously, "We refuse to disappear like this.

-Everyone here understands, in the compromised situation we live in," said a dominant Eolyto, "I have a solution, we have a solution," he said clearly.

-What kind of solution?" exclaimed the group gravely.

-The Eolyto looked at the others deeply, "There is a way, we are able to generate our own psionic energy, this has allowed us to survive at least".

-But what are you proposing?

- "The energy we generate is scarce"-he continued-"During all the time we have been trapped in this tiny place and due to the indefinite amount of casualties..."

The Eolytos listened to this entity similar to them with their ideas, they as a species always thought collectively it is but for the harshness of the situation and the drift into the unknown that upset all their core beliefs making them acquire a certain self-awareness.

-According to my calculations, we can master the force that pushes us through reality, we use our energy, that of our deceased brothers and sisters and finally we must....".

The Eolyto felt that if he said something like that without softening it first it would get him crucified so he stuttered for a few moments as the other spectral energy beings surrounded him with growing curiosity and hope.

The Eolytos, they did not believe they could accomplish such a thing, apparently a genie had appeared among them according to the auspicious need their species was in.

-We shall have to..." His voice cut off dryly.

-Tell us, we have no future as we stand, only despair!" shrieked the surrounding Eolytos.

-I shouldn't have mentioned it, but perhaps there was something else left for them-"We must...sacrifice ⅔ of our current population"-He finally said it, he was sure they would hate him now....

- "What did you say?"-"You have dared to tell us that genocide of our species is the only way!"-"What?

 

The Eolyto knew that the damage was done, even if he knew that eradicating especially the Etrelyos his main predator was his main form, these were not enough, many of them had already perished and the remaining energy had degraded too much-.

The incorporeal Psionic beings besides being angry with the Eolyto who mentioned this at the end, had many of them resigned to the fact that it would be the only possibility.

From the darkness and immensity of space, where thousands of stars, unfolded their light, a violet hyperspace window opened instantly at a given point in a binary system, letting pass at great speed a spear formed of psionic energy.

-"[Initializing Psionic Nodes: Online]"-"[Initializing Psionic Nodes: Online]"-"[Binary System Reached]"

-"[Binary System Reached]"-"[Binary System Reached]"-

-"[Psionic Energy Remaining: 17%]"-"[Psionic Energy Remaining: 17%]"-

-"[Imminent Structure Failure: Primary Systems]"

 

-"[Imminent Structure Failure: Primary Systems]"

 

-"[Initializing Psionic Detection: Error, Insufficient Energy]"-"[Initializing Psionic Detection: Error, Insufficient Energy]"-

-"[Initializing Manual Probe: Online]"-"[Initializing Manual Probe: Online]"-

Targeting one of the many planets in this binary system, it gradually braked until it entered the upper atmosphere without much resistance, flying through the reddish-hued skies as if it were a premeditated action, it began to probe the surface and its environment.

-"[Initializing Psionic Nodes: Online]"-"[Initializing Psionic Nodes: Online]"-

-"[Searching for life forms: Error]"-"[Psionic Energy Resting: Error]"-

-"[Psionic Energy Remaining: 13%]"-"[Psionic Energy Remaining: 13%]"-

-"[Imminent Structure Failure: 43% thrusters]"-"[Imminent Structure Failure: 43% thrusters]"-"[Imminent Structure Failure: 43% thrusters

-"[Leaving Planet]"-"[Leaving Planet]"-

An arid, rocky world with a thin or non-existent atmosphere. The surface is covered with meteorite impact craters and completely devoid of life.

-"[Initiating Reentry into space]"-"[Initiating Reentry into space].

The Psionic Lance continued on its way, time was running out, approaching the next planet it slowed down like the previous one until it entered its interior without any resistance.

-"[Initializing Psionic Nodes: Online]-"

-"[Searching for life-forms: Error]"-

"-"[Psionic Energy Remaining: 9%]-"

-"[Critical failure in the Propulsion systems]"-"[Critical failure in the Propulsion systems]"-"[Speed reduced by 1,000 mph]-

-"[Speed reduced by 50%]"-

-"[Leaving Planet]"-

A rocky world covered with a thick layer of ice remains frozen. Low temperatures and a very thin atmosphere prevent the existence of life on the surface.

-"[Initiating Space Reentry]"-"[Space Reentry Initiated]"-"[Giant Detected]"-

-"[Gas Giant Detected]"-

A gas planet with an atmosphere composed primarily of hydrogen and helium surrounding a dense core.

-"[Initializing evasive maneuvers]"-

-"[Redirecting]"-"[Redirecting]"-"[Recalibrating]"-

-"[Target: Localized]"-"[Redirecting]"-

-"[Redirecting All Power to Propulsion]"-"[Target: Localized]"-"[Redirecting All Power to Propulsion]"-"[Target: Localized]"-

 

-"[Shutdown of Main and Secondary Systems]"-

 

-"[Speed Increased by 27%]"-"[Psionic Energy Resting]"-

 

-"[Psionic Energy Remaining: 5%]"-"[Psionic Energy Remaining: 5%]"-"[Sacrificing All Energy for Propulsion]"-

 

-"[Sacrificing half of the Entities Present]"-"[Psionic Energy Remaining]"-

 

-"[Psionic Energy Remaining: 12%]"-

 

-"[Speed Increased by 33%]"-

 

This was his last chance, the clear target was in his sights, accelerating he left a trail of violet rays behind him that dyed the place.

-"[Initializing Forcible Entry to the Planet]"-"[Initializing Forced Entry to the Planet]"-

The dense, white clouds parted at the passage of the entity that had arrived, the grass-green seas shook, shuddering at the mere burst of the entry of something alien to this world.

-"[Initializing psionic nodes: Online]"-

-"[Searching for life forms: Online]"-"[Psionic nodes: Online]"-

-"[Planet Gaia identified]"-

An ideal temperate world with a nitrogen-oxygen atmosphere.Optimal conditions for life forms. Signs of life abound on important land masses.

 

-"[Searching for Intelligent Lifeforms: Online]"-"[Psionic Nodes: Error]"-

-"[Psionic Nodes: Error]"-"[Psionic Nodes: Error]"-

-"[Psionic Energy Remaining: 2%]"-"[Psionic Energy Remaining: 2%]"-

The spear crossed the distance moved by a clear objective, survival in the face of its deterioration. For it was impossible for him to obtain psionic energy in this dimension, he could only count on his own product of the various Eolytos stored inside him and his scarce elaboration of the mere presence of their existence.

-"[Locating Target]"-

Moved by a kind of hive mind strangely divided into diverse voices, the spear flew through the skies in search of a being that could contain its essence, any other mode of survival rejected.

-"[Possible Target Located]"-

[Species: Hydar]

[Status: Egg-Abandoned]

[Age: 3 Binary Weeks]

[Abilities: [Incubation]]

-"[Detecting better candidates: Error, Critical Energy]"-

-"[Energy Remaining 0.3%]"-"[Energy Remaining 0.3%]"-

With no other solution than the hive, she had to decide whether to sacrifice more of her own to find something better or keep what she found, having wiped out so many of her own made the possibility of extinction as a form of existence, albeit a spectral one, more evident, plunging her into the fear of carrying out such an action again.

-"[Preparing Target Insertion]"-"[Preparing Target Insertion]"-

The Spear, disintegrated into thousands of energetic fragments as the surroundings swayed wildly before the waves released from this Hyperdimensional energy.

-"[Integration Process: Online]"-"[Integration Process: Online]"-

[Species: Hydar]

[State: Psionic Egg]

[Age: 3 Binary Weeks]

[Abilities: [Incubation], [Psionic Shield], [Psionic Growth]

[Status:Hydar Brood].

We dwell in the hope that one day our own, may live again, even though we are limited to our current position and far away from our longed-for home.

-To be continued-

1