Curiosity Chapter 7
12 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Date: 3rd Binary Week, 3rd Binary Day
Location: Planet Hydar
Era: Awakening

In my dreams, I could see and feel a place beyond my imagination. A dimension full of incorporeal beings that faced extinction at the hands of a catastrophic event, until it was compressed and finally exploded, illuminating the entire cosmos until it transcended the limits of reality and dimensions.

 

It is possible that my dreams exacerbated this scene and my imagination flew, while my mind wandered with so many consciousnesses within it.

 

-"[To make him dream of us, will make him more proactive to accept...our cause]"- predicted a voice above the others while in the half-light spectral gazes observed it...meditated...decided

 

I woke up in a state of stupor, while I tried to get up, I stretched deeply, then I realized, that the [Eolyto], was still lying next to me fluttering freely, close to me, without taking off too much, like a watchman protecting his home, suddenly I felt how he directed a kind of glance, evoking a kind of farewell thought...

 

-"[Spectral Form: Insufficient Energy]"-

 

Then it faded from my sight, as if its long binary waking hours had come to an end. This gave me a feeling of gratitude to that strange spirit but at the same time I was again alone.... although I tried again to invoke him, for some reason I could not....

-"[Eolyto's Exteriorization Failure]"-

 

-"[Permissions Denied]"-

 

Finally I gave up and thought that I would surely be tired after taking care of myself all night, I turned my eyes to my surroundings, where I knew there could be more beings like me, properly of my own species or others that were friendly with the ability to communicate with me and I also knew that there would be some like the Zaxtod that could cause me problems and I had to take care of them.

-"[If, we could be with him, continually]"- Said a voice with concern.....

 

-We should reserve our energy for the most appropriate times..."]-Agained another soberly.

 

I could feel dozens of presences around me, circling around me thanks to my [Passive Psionic Radar] ability, even knowing their exact location, but not what they were, maybe I could find out if I went silently before them...or shouldn't I try....

 

-"[Attempting Standing Up Action]"-

 

I tried to stand up, walking upright my current goal, but in my attempt I fell flat on my face against the ground, once again, letting me know that my little body was not yet ready to stand upright easily or even try to walk, but there was something in me that urged me to try.

 

-"[Fail Too Young Individual Failure]"-

 

I finally ended up crawling, I approached the bushes from the previous time, accounting for the last remaining [Reluty Tubers], I finally made my way, to a nearby stream of greenish water quenching my thirst.

 

 

-"[Detecting Hormone Levels of Innocent Curiosity]"-

 

 

I knew that I had to explore the jungle that surrounded me, its benefits for me could be much greater, besides I needed to find a new source of food, because something inside me said that I could not only live healthy on carbohydrates...

 

 

Although I wondered what carbohydrates were and what they were for, and even more what other elements besides these were around me...

 

 

-We cannot avoid his nature, we must accompany him and do our best"]- Said one of them- "[Thanks to him, we are alive, although somewhat cramped...]"- Replied another obfuscated one.

 

Finally I opted to continue gathering information about the plants that surrounded me, maybe I could eat them...starting with the tallest ones that surrounded me around me, I launched the detection on one of them, the least prominent in case they posed some kind of unknown danger.

 

[Species:Lepreuzon]

 

[Race: Tree, Plant]

[Abilities: [Photosynthesis], [Growth], [Flowering], [Fruiting].

 

[Trunk: Inedible, Forage: Inedible, Fruit: Edible].

 

-"[It's better to be careful....with everything]"-A voice pointed out.

-"[As suspicious glances were shot]"-

 

I couldn't see anything unusual in its composition, apart from the fact that I couldn't eat it for the most part, only its fruits could serve me,
so I tried somehow to climb, the bark of the trunk seemed weak and brittle. I suffered some small falls trying to climb up but finally and thanks to the use of the claws of my little legs I managed to hold on and climb little by little...

 

I could feel that it was simple and easy for me to climb, progressively and before the great height of the trunk my agility to climb it was increasing as I gained confidence...

 

 

Suddenly a kind of unconnected form was drawn in my Psionic Radar, moving with great speed, from branch to branch through the vast jungle.

 

-"[Detecting Frugivorous Life]".

 

The figure was soon under my field of vision, it was a kind of creature all covered with a brownish-brown fur, endowed with up to six limbs, which allowed it, to move at great speed, swinging from one place to another, without any problem, its head was small and blackish with a rather protruding jaw. giving me a sense of danger.

 

Quickly and unnoticed, I activated detection at a great distance to learn more about that strange being.

 

[Psionic Detection]

[Species:Yerkil]

[Race: Humanoid, Simian]

[Abilities: [Climbing], [Agility], [Bite], [Fur].

 

Reading its data, I noticed that it wasn't especially dangerous compared to my current abilities as I kept watching, the Yerkil became aware of my presence at last...then it began to scream, perhaps it was trying to scare me...though even from afar I could tell how it exuded a sort of fear of my presence that I didn't understand....

 

-"[It would be better not to go into the territory of other species, even if we can beat them...]"- "[We will have problems if they come in a group]"- finished another voice understanding the situation.

 

 

-"[Mental Stimulation Initiated]"-

 

An unexplainable feeling delved into my head, pushing me to leave the place, but even though this feeling flooded me, somehow I could overcome it....

 

-"[Online explorer's feeling]"-

-"[Mental resistance to the unknown]"-

 

-"[The host is too mentally strong, we made him this way to survive...]"- Alarmed voices said.

 

-"[His curiosity will get us into trouble...]"- said others.

 

-"[Stimulation, apparently, won't help, besides, he could get into trouble...]"- clarified others.

 

-[This last comment had no answers or expression]-

 

The Yerkil's howls slowly faded away, as I saw that his screams were of no use, then I noticed how his mental signal moved away from me towards the thick of some bushes, to then disappear... but somehow before this I could feel that my eye contact when I saw him, I could get inside his mind, but amazed at the strange event still unknown to me.

 

I was somehow fascinated or rather thoughtful about what was that kind of space that I had seen...

 

This encounter, full of experiences, awakened something inside me... ... urging me to move forward, to explore the confines of this vast place full of strange species with unique abilities, full of various fruits and other foods that I could take advantage of and even more possible members of my own species, which aroused my curiosity as to whether they would be like me or maybe... I was someone special?

 

[Personal Trait: Explorer's Curiosity: Achieved].

[Curious Personality: Achieved]

[25% increase in the range ability of the Psionic Radar]

[50% increase in resistance against Fear of the Unknown]

Immersed in my thoughts as I gazed at the firmament filled with a gigantic forest of [Lepreuzon] I noticed how my instincts somehow changed and sharpened....

 

-"[This is getting out of the parameters]"- All voices uttered at once.

-"[We had it figured out, only to acquire such a trait...no]"- a thoughtful voice uttered.

-"[So begins a real headache]"- said many others shaking their heads....

-"[Do we even have heads...?]"- asked a confused voice....

-[This last comment had no answers, while the looks were confused...]-

 

As I watched the landscape and felt how those noises kept ringing in my head, I tried not to give them importance as I quickly traced a route through the canopy of the Lepreuzon, as the view was incredible and I would surely be safer up here than on the ground....

 


 

In those times, I was a curious being, that curiosity brought me good moments and others where I discovered the true nature that hides a simple mask of gratitude, compassion and kindness. This led me to develop a charisma careful of those around me, trust was a gift that only a few could earn, of this I realized miserably ...

 

A large albino being dressed in an outlandish black robe with golden embroidery, directed his eyes to one of the many windows that decorated his palace, while the violet mists continued to flood the place, he observed the outside through the stained glass windows while somehow it seemed as if he was talking to himself...but something hinted that it was not so....

 

-To be continue-

1