Chapter 22 – Test of Strength
6.2k 22 241
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I looked left.

He was alone as well, without the scarred man present last time. My heart was beating so fast, I could finally unleash the anger I had pent up from working for Viclam. I say work but I was both unpaid and mistreated.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

 

“Already accepting your fate, Lady? What happened to your tenacity from last time?”

 

The tattooed imbecile taunted as he approached me.

I swallowed the fire magic stones for this sole moment. Making use of the heat immunity, I tried to channel mana to coat it in fire. Fortunately, the mana usage was efficient enough to not drain me dry. Opening my eyes, my right hand was inside an orange flame. I looked at the thug. He seemed surprised but didn’t back off.

 

“Nice party trick little Lady. Don’t underestimate my knowledge – demi-humans can’t use magic,”

 

I returned his ugly smile with a smug expression.

 

“I know!”

 

Maybe I can change the colour of the fire to make it look more intimidating? I try to force my mind to utilize a way to change the colour of the fire to a cool looking blood red.

I just changed colours why does it tire me so much! I stare in awe at my red hand. It looks cooler though.

I started walking forward to the man. I couldn’t hear his shocked mutters as he gently stood still, allowing me to approach him without overexerting myself.

 

*Ssssssst*

 

I slashed the arm the man tried to grab my wrist with. Steam was released along with an arm which plopped onto the ground. No blood spilt; it was all evaporated with the flesh still attached to his body melting to close the hole.

It was like slicing tofu. My confidence skyrocketed. The few days I spent glued to my room weren’t for waste. Everyone who mistreated me better watch out!

The tattooed “mister” stood frozen. It took him several minutes to register what had happened before his knees gave in. It felt like I was playing a game of fruit ninja. No blood showed and an ugly villain was  in front of me.

Was this what being drunk on power felt like? I stared at the now pitiful man bawling his eyes out, completely given up on life. On one hand my subconscious was mentally vomiting from what I had just done, while another side of me wanted to enjoy this much more.

 

241