Special Chapter 1 – My Semblance
33 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was a night just like any other night. 

I was supposed to already been asleep because it already past my bedtime, but i can't fall asleep. 

Why? because today i just got my Aura unlocked by my parents.

With Aura i could do things i couldn't do before, like cooking, with Aura i won't get burnt, there's no way Mom won't teach me how to cook now or working on that back garden I've always wanted since bugs won't be able to touch me now. 

I also couldn't sleep thinking what could my semblance be. 

Thinking all of the exciting thing i could possibly do, maybe i could twist a spoon with my mind or i could be magnetic so that i could make a spoon stick to my hand or i could manipulate silver and make a spoon on the go, so many possibilities so little time because i have to sleep soon. 

I wish time would just stop and let me enjoy this moment a bit longer, because thinking about what could possibly be is really fun. 

But then suddenly in the middle of my thinking everything turn black. 

Fear starts to creep in, i don't think there's any planned lights out tonight. 

"Moooom...  Daaaad..."

I grab my blanket and cover myself with it because of the abnormal situation usually when i call them in the middle of the night when i got woken up by nightmares they would instantly showed but now even though its not even that late yet they didn't  come, not even the sound of their footsteps rushing here that usually calms me down is heard, its like there is no sound at all. 

Even more fear crawl up my spines, noticing the lack of sounds for... everything.

My mind is cold, now the only sound i heart is the clear sound of my rising heartbeats, i want to calm it down for fear of what is out there to hear it clearly like i did. 

I close my eyes wishing that this is only a bad dream and waiting for some miracle to happen, with only my heartbeats accompanying me it felt like i have been waiting for days, years, no... it felt like... time haven't been moving at all. 

If time isn't moving then i have to be the one to move, with what little courage i have, i tried my hardest to open my eyes, to move forward.

And the moment i open my eyes. 

"Breaking News, white fang protesters is seen in Atlas..."

The sound of TV is blasting through my ears.

Everything is bright again, it's like a heavy burden is lifted of my shoulders. 

The darkness gone but the fear remains. 

"Moooom!  Daaaaad!"

I start crying.

With my crying two footsteps is heard, and it calms me down a lot more than ever before. 

0