1 – Year 1200
67 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

* Ring..... *

"Phew, finally. The last day teaching of this semester is over ..." A middle-aged man walked out of the classroom. Carrying a black suitcase, he walked to the school gate.

Wandrayasa Jaya, a middle-aged man who works as a history teacher for high school students. He reached his thirty this year, but he is still single.

When he was young, his family arrange a blind date for Wandrayasa many times, but his passion for history made him focused on his study of the history of human civilization.

His antique olden style Sanskrit name is also one of the reasons he has not had a soulmate until now.

Wandrayasa arrived at his boarding room not far from where he works. This small room looks more cramped because it is filled with so many history books.

Wandrayasa was not only interested in the history of Indonesia but also studied other Asian and European country's history.

He took off his shoes, put his bag on top of the pile of books, and lay down on the mattress. Fortunately, the boarding room has an air conditioner which makes the room doesn't feel stuffy. He turned on the television which installed on the wall while thinking about what should he do during the school exam holidays.

"Should I return to my hometown? It's been two years since I have returned to my hometown ..." As he was daydreaming, Wandrayasa saw the news on television that made him interested.

"... An underground tunnel was found at the site of Todowongso Temple in Gurah Subdistrict, Kediri Regency, East Java. Archaeologists believe that this maze-shaped underground tunnel connected to the Daha Palace, a relic of the long lost Kediri Kingdom ..."

"Hey, maybe I can go on vacation to Kediri? Maybe I should visit my hometown in Jogja along the way? besides, I'm tired of living in the capital city."

Wandrayasa took his smartphone and contacted his family in Jogja. He said that he would go to Kediri and stop in Jogja to return to his hometown for a day.

Wandrayasa then booked train tickets for the next day as soon as possible. He was curious about the discovery of an underground passage that might be connected to the Daha palace of the Kediri kingdom.

Until now, archaeologists have not found where exactly the location of the Daha Palace is. Daha Palace was a palace where the Royal Family of the Kediri Kingdom lived in ancient times. Therefore, Wandrayasa is very curious about the discovery of this underground passage.

...

Two days later, Wandrayasa arrived at the excavation site at Todowongso Temple. The site turned out to be filled with many television crews and police officers which job is to secure the temple site.

Wandrayasa cannot enter the site right now, because he does not have permission to enter. After thinking for a while, he decided to come again at night.

Wandrayasa stayed at a homestay not far from the excavation site. At midnight, he slipped out of the room and went to the Todowongso temple site.

The condition of the site is quiet. Two guards at the temple entrance were seen playing cards under the street lights. Wandrayasa slipped from the bush beside the temple site.

He managed to get in, but he didn't dare turn on the flashlight for fear of being caught by the guards. Wandrayasa slowly walked while bending his body toward the underground tunnel.

After descending into the underground tunnel, Wandrayasa turned on his flashlight and started down the tunnel. However, when he had only stepped a few meters into the hallway, an intense tremor occurred.

A great earthquake rocked Kediri that night. Wandrayasa, who is still in the tunnel, was crushed by rubble and his fate is unknown...

========

"Young master ... Young master ...!" There was a sound that made Wandrayasa wake up from his sleep. He opened his eyes and saw an old man beside the bed which he was lying on.

Wandrayasa noticed that his body was full of bruises and he was covered with medicine leaves. The bamboo mattress and pillows that were made of sacks filled with rice husks made him uncomfortable.

The wall of the room is made of woven bamboo, it will catch fire easily when the fire strikes. The old man beside him was wearing unique traditional clothes and wearing a lot of gold jewelry.

"Young master ... Are you okay?" The old man asked once again made Wandrayasa confused. Is he being pranked for internet video content? Or is he dreaming right now?

Then, Wandrayasa suddenly felt a pang of headache as he held his head. Unknown memories entered his brain constantly. About 5 minutes later, he opened his eyes with cold sweat trickling from his head.

"Young master! Does your head still hurt? I will call the village doctor Darmawangsa now!" The old man panicked and was about to run out of the room, but Wandrayasa grabbed his hand and pulled the old man's hand.

"Old servant Adyatama. No need to call the village doctor Darmawangsa. I feel alright right now." Wandrayasa said while forcing a smile on his face. Even though his body ached, but he would not allow anyone to come here until he knew exactly what happened to him. But this Old Servant Adyatama still adamant to go out and look for the village doctor Darmawangsa to check on Wandrayasa's condition.

Wandrayasa could only release Old servant Adyatama's hand. He lay down and thought about what had happened to him. He then closed his eyes and concentrated on thinking about the unknown memory that had entered his brain just now.

After seeing the memory that entered his brain, Wandrayasa found out that he had possessed the body of a person with the same name in the year 1200 during the Kadiri Kingdom. The previous owner of this body was the only child of a noble named Jaya who rules Todowongso village. This body currently 16 years old, and he remembers that he is going to be betrothed to the daughter of her father's close friend, Mpu Purwa tomorrow.

Before going to the village of Panawijen to propose to the girl, he plans to sneak into a secret tunnel guarded by his family that is connected to the Kadiri Palace in Daha City. As the young aristocrat who ruled the village, of course, he knew the secret tunnel.

He plans to take the red crystal stone found inside the tunnel as a gift when he meets his future wife. He accidentally found the red crystal when he sneaks inside the tunnel many years ago. But, when the previous owner of the body entered the tunnel that had not yet been completed by the Kediri Kingdom, there was a great earthquake, and he was buried inside the ruins of the tunnel.

He didn't know what happened after that time, the memory he got was blank after he was buried inside the ruins of the tunnel. Wandrayasa sighed, he knew that the previous owner of this body died in the same way as him in the future, buried under the fallen rubble.

Wandrayasa reached into his pocket, finding that the red crystal stone was still on him. When he concentrated his mind on the red crystals, it glowed very brightly and Wandrayasa reflexively closed his eyes. When he opened his eyes again, the red crystal stone disappeared from his hand, as if it had never existed before.

Wandrayasa was confused and looked around his bed to see if the red crystal had fallen from his hand. While he was looking for the red crystal, the door to the room opened and an old servant Adyatama and a hunched back old man with white hair appeared.


...

Mpu: a noble title in an ancient time of Nusantara.

Kediri Kingdom: a Hindu Javanese Kingdom based in East Java from 1042 to around 1222

3