Chapter 1: Deal with barbarians!
46 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Once a year amount of raids increases drastically. Native tribes attack villages and towns for livestock, food, materials, and alcohol.

Especially for alcohol, they can't grow plants for making alcohol, so they need to either buy or steal it.

As you can expect, they prefer stealing it.

Giving them money in exchange for safety is one way, but my last military advancement coated a lot of money.

Simply put, I don't have spare money for that, and I can not lose my food supply.

Fighting against Natives is useless because their religion orders them to die in battle.

Even if I decided to fight against, them their idea of Valhalla makes them annoying as they could be.

Thankfully someone found how to keep a guy who lives in a cold place and loves drinking in line.

This perfect drink is Vodka: Cheap to produce high in alcohol percentage.

Back in the day, at Tsardom of Russia, peasants found a strong drink that they could produce and sell for some money, and they got addicted to it.

The Tsar saw an opportunity. He banned vodka production for peasants. Tsar also opened factories for producing vodka. Later he sold this vodka to people for a low price.

I know you are asking why Tsar did something like that? We have two answers. First, a drunk peasant never questions Tsar, so he couldn't organize movements against royalty because he's too busy being drunk.

It beats his wife and children and forces them to obey. It causes the next generation of drunkards and women without freedom who cannot rebel against the whole system.

Secondly: Vodka is insanely cheap to produce, but there is a godly amount of demand for it. So Tsar's pockets will always be heavy.

Now, why do I want that drink? Do I want to control my subjects in that way? Absolutely no! It is more about trading.

I use mana-infused compost as fertilizer. It increases the number of plants harvested up to four times, and considering we have modernish farming equipment, that amount increases even more.

And those will sell for good money if something happens in our neighboring kingdoms.

I will use Dwarven alcohol production facilities for making vodka, which I could use to make deals with natives. Or raiders as known by kingdoms.

Northerners believe becoming drunk is valuable for a man as it shows your "True" self, but because not many heavy drinks are here, they need a massive amount of wine or mead to get drunk.

Alcohol is something valuable. That means Tribes spent more time collecting liquor than food, but if Tribes got the drink they wanted, they could focus on raiding villages with food stocks rather than ones with alcohol.

In the end, other states will need my food supply more than ever, which I will abuse that by selling it for double the price, or maybe for land?

Now, I need to talk with Bork about my idea, see you later.

....

Two months have passed, and I managed to produce enough liquor to satisfy tribes.

I visited them for a deal. I brought four barrels of vodka and offered it to the war chief.

First, it didn't go in the way I planned. He found it too bland and said he prefers a good mead over it.

Knowing what type of musclehead he is, I insulted his manliness saying, he is too weak for a drink like that.

First, he drew his weapon and challenged me in a fight, but I poured liquor on his glass and challenged him in a drinking game instead, which he had no chance but to accept at that point.

It was a great success. Looking at our intense drinking match, another tribesman joined in, and another one after it.

After the game finished, I sealed a deal with a drunken war chief and escaped from there before a fight started between the tribesman.

Way back home, I could hear the war cries of the drunken men.

I should put something addictive into the mix, and I can control tribes with ease.

Not for myself: Dwarfs also seem to like vodka too, but I must keep them away from it.

Not for myself 2: I could produce this as half of a quarter price of wine for every liter, but I wonder if the market demands it. I will try to sell it soon.

0