Chapter 3
45 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Why Is This Happening

I did nothing, instead of doing anything I did nothing. The absolute worst thing that can be done.

I just started enjoying myself. I just did what my mom said and made friends. I just did what I was doing and enjoying myself. I did nothing wrong, how was I doing anything wrong? Why is this happening???

Kneeling on the dry dirt path of the village in front of my house, warmth coming from all around, though it wasn’t the warmth of my mother’s voice, it was that of the burning village. 

The grotesque smell of iron and burned flesh made it hard to not keep throwing up. Everything in ruins and pillars of smoke rising, still kneeling not because I didn’t wanna run, my mothers corpse mangled with a horrendous visage made me fall to my knees with no resistance.

Immediately before I even grasped the situation, it felt like I fractured, no like Treyu shattered.

The sight crushed my lungs, crushed my heart, it wounded my soul. In denial at that pers- no thing being my mother shook me and ripped apart my chest. I looked shakily to where the thing was reaching towards-

[Treyu] ..Dad..? ..Mom?.. This isn’t real, how is that headless thing my dad and that awful thing my mom.?

Putting my thoughts into words made the pressure of the realization even heavier. Am I the only one left? How? Where are my friends? Where are my mom and dad?

Wiping the vomit from my mouth I remembered something shocking and I froze with my wrist on my mouth looking around at the carnage.

[Treyu] ...So this.. this is selfishness, this is the hunger, the desire to take, the lust urging inside.

Stepping up to his feet Treyu thought,

This will never happen again, my mom is proud of me so I’m proud of me, I will take everything. But in his heart he knew what he wanted was already taken, so he could only delude himself with these thoughts.

——————-


[Skya] For being so young, you can understand a lot Treyu. I’m proud.

With the warmth like always and living smile she said to me patting my head.

Indeed it seems for being a 7 year old I understand a lot more and think more in depth than the other children of my age, I wonder why that is.

Last year i made friends with Lylah and Lina and we’ve gotten close but they always call me big brother even though we’re the same age. 

And the Round Rigo and his pals haven’t stopped being a nuisance, oh well things are going nice and nothing has happened except for a wandering healer and trader coming by to the village every now and then.

I was told by my mom and dad that we “ awaken “ to our abilities usually from 10-15 so I’ve still a few more years. I wonder what I’ll awaken? My moms ability was magic allowing her to be a healer, and my dads was swordsmanship so he was able to be a warrior.

Even though there has been no attacks on this village in a long time, I’m always told not to go to the forest by my mom and even my dad. Wondering why, I asked, and apparently beasts like bears and even rabbits and deer can become monsters if their fear or animosity is enough. Such feelings apparently corrupt their minds and bodies and thus if one monster takes hold in a forest, usually the whole forest turns into a monster den.

At the same time that animals can change there are preexisting monsters that can influence an areas hatred or fear contaminating the region.

Anyway, what you awaken depends only on the person not their parents so I can either have what my mom or dad have or hopefully something of my own.

I get anxious thinking about what I cant control so I stop and lay down and slowly drift off.

—————

On the opposite side of the village amongst the trees a man with a grossly husky voice asks another man leaning on a tree.

[???] So are good to go for tonight?

[???] Yes should be, as long as our deal is still set right?

The husky voiced man snorted in response, his dirty leather armor creaking slightly with his movements. Then a greasy smile appeared on his face.

[???] Course, depending on the profit then what’s left will be to you, Froid.

[Froid] hey shut it, I set this up cause its an easy job not an easy loss.

Flustered from his name being spoken Froid glared at the bandit.

[Froid] When my house catches non fire thats when you guys come and I’ll already be gone so then I’ll get my pay after that.

Saying so he walked away hearing the bandit voicing an understood, now he’s just gotta prepare for tonight.

———————-


Treyu is thinking to himself about a few things while still laying down on his semi comfortable hay bed not having gotten up more than a few times today for no reason.

So I’ve been laying around doing nothing all day it I think I’ve got an even better grasp on the situation that I’m in since I’ve been born.

The reality is one of three choices I’d presume, first is that everyone is in the dark before being born but is something like taboo. The second is that certain people do, but again is taboo or something since I haven’t heard any talk of what I’m looking for. Lastly there’s the possibility of me being the only one, being some sort of freak or something? 

Also the world is called Hiera, and behind its creation supposedly were Gods, well knowing I came from some unknown abyss I cant rule the possibility out that they exist. 

Other than those things I’m pretty much in the same spot knowledge wise, come to think of it why hadn’t I known what people were in that darkness?  And why do I even have intelligence?? I’m already perceived as out of the ordinary.

So that solidifies the 2nd and 3rd theory. I wonder what’s gonna happen tomorrow?

I think these meaningless thoughts while I drift off again.

————-

[Sk**]  ..help us holy heal!

I put Treyu in, he’ll be safe if we are** at least...

[Bor**] ...yes.. at least, but darling I would like to see you li** too. 

Broken sentences reached the sleeping Treyu, under the house in a hidden crawl way they made for an event like this. Being half woken up he heard the conversation but didn’t take any notice or try to wake up. Cause, it’s fine, it’s just mom and dad, he thought.

since the corridor was hidden, it muffled outside sound well so he wouldn’t have heard too much. But it didn’t protect from smoke, breathing in a whiff of smoke he jolted awake.

His vision black from the darkness around him, but while feeling nostalgic, his nose was breathing smoke laced air and he realized it’s a fire. Looking harder around he sees a glimpse of light and smoke being drawn to his right.

Crawling, he made his way out and stood up to take a nice breath of fresh air. What greeted his lungs instead was the horrendous stench of iron and burned flesh mixed with smoke from buildings...

0