Chapter 4
43 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Prideful Evaluation 

When you think about it, everything is just about purpose. Religion, fame, having a family, it’s the human experience. One cannot live without purpose, at least not the full life they could with one.

Even if that purpose was derived from their own selfishness, well in truth who isn’t striving towards something that will bring themselves gain in some way.

With the image of my parents as they were, I know all of that, in my time in the dark I remember trailing off on things like that but I didn’t remember what I was saying or meant till now. For what reason would bandits attack a lowly village? To make toys of women and rob everything?? Come to think of it I didn’t even think to look around after that.

I don’t even know if bandits were the culprits, i just remember overhearing him talk about it. What bandits do to villages if they show up, so that was the only conclusion I arrived at.

Finally out of breath on the verge of collapsing, gasping to fill my lungs.

“Huuuu, huuuh” panting loudly I try to stifle my breathing to take in my situation.

When I recollected my thoughts and breathing I put everything together. So, after my mind completely broke after seeing my parents and village in the state of ruin like that, my body just ran off in a random direction.

And just my luck, not only did I decide to run into the forest, I couldn’t see the threshold when I looked behind or around me. While I was cursing at myself for completely losing it-

The words repeatedly spoken to me flashed in my head “ Never go near the forest” thats what my parents always told me, is it because of monsters or just ferocious animals?

Thinking back more and at my current situation, my friends.. I didn’t see their bodies which I’m glad and also indignant about. Hoping their parents hid them in a similar way, i focused my attention on the latter half of my thoughts.

I’m in a shitty situation. If I make a shelter and use some wilderness survival learned from dad I bet I can do it, just if there are monsters.. I don’t have a weapon, i dont even have any abilities.

Damn it, I cursed in my head so loud I was sure I shouted it. Why cant I just have my skill yet? I’ve been through that disaster and yet i just get to die like a rodent in winter?

I’m only 7 but i at least match my parents intelligence which I myself cant comprehend.


Most of the time in the village I would be either doing nothing, learning about everything I could for a better basis of understanding from my parents or having a good time with the twins Lina and Lylah. 

I couldn’t help it at this point, I started venting my anger with punches to the forehead wishing I hadn’t gotten complacent and was strong enough to protect the only ones that mattered.

It would be simple to say what I’ve learned constitutes a large portion of society or even more. Trials are the blessings of the gods to people which don’t have their divine blessing.

To put it simply they are gifts from the gods, they are split into multiple different classes depending on the individual. For example I knew my father was a warrior but not that the warrior class is the trial he’d undertaken.

To clear a trial one must reach the minimum requirements, for example, practicing enough with a sword to rank it up from intermediate to adept.

Also there are 5 classes of abilities and skills ranks. I’m surprised I have been able to hold onto all of this information, well just goes to show how awesome I am. 

There are two more things though. The thoughts intruding in on his indulgent pride  was one about something called a status-

At that moment something like a window appeared, startled I jumped back and undid whatever happened. 


My father told me about statuses but i didn’t expect it to pop up in my eyes, I murmured to myself. At the time I was confused on how the word inter played with myself.

As my composure came back i conjured my status again.

Name[Treyu] Race [Human] Age [7]

Attributes [Vitality:50 Strength: 15 Stamina:30 Dexterity: 15 Intelligence :???

Mana: ???]

Abilities [Slumbering]

Damn I knew I was smart but enough to make it unknown?? That’s awesome, anyway my vitality is my highest but I cant defend myself by using myself as a shield.

But it’s really awesome to see what makes me me, well I hope others cant see mine. That’s like an invasion of myself of the deepest nature.

Also my ability thats slumbering really irritates me, like just wake up, you’re my ability after all.

——-

While complaining to himself Treyu looked around, gathering enough sticks for a fire and a new little home. The area of forest he was in was a tree covered rolling hill-scape.

Lots of shade and lots of growth which is good and bad. Good bc it’s a lot of material for myself and bad bc monsters could hide in it.

——-

Finding a flat rock that was big enough to hold with two hands but not heavy so that I could use it. I started digging at the ground, digging, digging. The newly made hole was a rectangle around 1m deep, 2m long and 1m wide. I lined the ground and walls with the sticks while placing a few to hold the others together. I gathered and placed tall grass on the floor as bedding.

Alas, my little home is almost done, I cant believe how fast I did this, chuckling to myself at the work that only I could’ve done. I gathered some of the tall grass with a few more sticks, and started to make some sorta hatch to close myself off in the hole.

There was a little rustling in the far left of my hearing, not taking any mind because there has been rustling from what I think are animals and from the wind, pretty similar as it’s not effecting me.

As i was thinking that the rustling got closer then a noise unlike any ever.

Almost like a old man that could only babble, but it wasn’t something to laugh at, sounding far more gross than a sick persons nose. Then it came out of the overgrowth.

Grunting mixed with babble, stench wafting from it like smoke, hideous, unpleasant to all of my senses. Looking at its greenish skin with bumps on it, it’s face looked like it was either in joy or hatred, I couldn’t tell.

I froze looking at it trying to understand what it was.

A goblin, I remember my dad giving a very similar description to my own sometime ago, thats all I remember about it. The rock I used to dig next to me I tossed the door I made and pick up the rock.

Easily the best choice I could’ve made, cause I just noticed the rusted shine from what looked to be a hunting knife.

You’ve gotta be kidding me, well if I die here my parents saving me would all be in vain. I’m only 7 but if I don’t kill this goblin, I would’ve been better off dying in the fire.

1