Chapter 12
20 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A Strange World

After riding in the wagon for what seemed like forever since I’m so used to running to places. We arrived at the gates of what’s called the Royal Capital named Krui apparently after the royal name Kruinia.

The guards asked the party about me while starting at me with narrowed eyes.

I can understand just asking but is his look necessary? I wondered while I let Daro do the talking with the guard. After paying the fee they let us pass.

From the outside the city was only huge walls of a marbled stone already unlike anything I’ve ever seen. Inside was even more awe inspiring than I would’ve thought, a pavilion was near the gates and I saw other children for the first time in awhile.

As we entered, we headed to a stable that was for people leaving or coming back to leave their horses at. Then we started walking, I probably looked crazy, as I was farting my head back and forth taking the whole city in.

All of a sudden we stopped at a wooden building, with some writing on it. Being from a farming village, I only can read a little bit so I don’t even know where we’re going.

[Kara] You guys can go do whatever if you want, I’m just gonna get Treyu some clothes and then we’ll be at the lodging. 

Then before Kara and I entered the group split up everyone going different places.

The shopkeeper greeted up from the other room, asking what he can do for Kara. As his eyes met mine and my body in crude furs, he furrowed his brows to ask Kara if I’m with her.

She said of course then went back to looking around.

My eyes met a black shirt and I wanted it so i waited for her to look at me and I pointed at it. She looked at me like she was confused but I nodded.

After around ten minutes of discussing the price I got a new shirt, even pants too.

It’s nice to have normal clothes, I thought to myself as Kara and I walked on the main road of the city. We stopped at a food stand and I got some fruit, as roots  and meat is what I’ve been staying alive on. It was the first time I had an apple, and it’s juicy yet crisp flesh was amazing.

After we walked around for me to get used to the surroundings we made out way to the inn that Kara mention previously.

After everyone else showed up we sat around in the inns dining hall. It was nearing night and for me it’s been pretty uneventful, almost boring but it is nice to have interactions that aren’t just survival orientated.

There is one thing though, being around this many people has made my mind crave them. I can feel it, like being a starved dog and forced to stare at food all day.

Incidentally the party shares two rooms as it’s cheaper, Kara told me that I can sleep with her and Lia and Lia just kinda looked at her. Of course, I said thanking the party for bringing me here and treating me nicely.

After the moon was in the sky I was laying on the floor so I don’t bother the girls, I missed my grass bed since the floor was so hard. After while I managed to fall asleep.

Waking up I realized I had a very strange dream, Kara was in it, and that’s what made it strange.

It started by me opening my eyes to the darkness, feeling at ease since I was so used to this at this point I walked in the abyss-

Out of nowhere I heard a voice that was clear, and was somewhat familiar with. Sounding frightened and confused she called out. It was Kara, what or,  why is she here? What’s happening?

Then I approached the distressed Kara, she looked a little differ t but I couldn’t think of how.

I called out to her and asked if she’s okay.

It’s odd, I can definitely feel her chaos, but it wasn’t the same as feeling the presences feelings. This was clearly her feeling this not myself.

She didn’t seem to notice me callin to her so I approached while asking if she’s okay.

She didnt notice me until I reached to put a hand on her, at that point she asked, Treyu? With her voice quivering.

I knew what to do and say, almost likely it was natural.

[Treyu] Don’t be scared, fear breed more fear and turns the extra into rage or sadness. 

And the dream ended. I woke up next to Kara being squeezed by her, it was kinda tight but nice, i decided to lay here until they wake up.

———————

Alone in this darkness, what is this place? Why am I here? Her thoughts spinning leaving her unable to regain composure.

Then suddenly she felt something call out to her, the voice was being muffled by her own thoughts so she couldn’t make it out clearly. 

Eventually the voice reached her along with what felt like something touching her shoulder, finally looking up she was a shadow, but not an evil or malicious shadow. She knew what or who this was.

Treyu? she asked with her voice cracking. 

[Treyu] Don’t be scared, fear breed more fear and turns the extra into rage or sadness. 

At that moment everything was calm, she felt that everything was okay. Then she woke up in a semi cold sweat with Treyu squeezed between her arms.

Confused at how she isn’t as disturbed as she thought she should be she gently woke up Treyu and asked about her dream as she heard him calm her down while she was alone in darkness.

——————

[Treyu] Your guess is as good as mine, I’ve never seen anybody in there before.

I said to Kara being honest as she was the one that asked about it as soon as she woke up. She asked what I meant so just stated a vague reply like before since I don’t wanna disclose my secrets just like that.

She then went into detail of how she was alone in a completely black area and was scared until she felt something touch her and heard my voice calming her down.

I took note of this happening as if it happens to too many people they could connect the dots. Luckily either what I said about that not happening before slipped completely or she’ll start to think more deeply about it. 

If it comes down to it, I’ll only say what I need to.

Lia woke up confused about what we were talking about and Kara just said random stuff, dodging the half awake Lia’s question. 

After getting dressed a knock came from the door, Daro and Grant entered saying good morning.

They started talking about how they picked up a decent quest today. 

I questioned about it and Grant responded with something you can’t handle. That immidiatley pissed me off as I’ve been living in the woods for the past couple years while killing everything.

[Daro] It’s a subjugation request on a pack of blood wolves.

Daro actually answered my question, but that just left me with another question. So I decided to ask it’s strength in comparison to a gotüng as if it’s as strong or weaker than it’s easy. 

Everybody then with floor faces looked at me as if to say “what the hell?”.

[Lia] You don’t mean that to say that you’ve killed a gotüng before, right?

Sure they’re definetly strong but that’s kinda it, just a really strong goblin.

At first I thought I shouldn’t say more but I instantly changed my mind when I could brag about it. So I started explaining that the first time I met one I dodged its first hit just to get sent flying into a tree. Then subsequently killing it after it tripped over a hole from charging.

A story that is completely unbelievable but more so than me killing it head on from something that’s unknown. 

They were all baffled and Kara then shouted “see I told you he’s special!!”

Needless to say that settled the skepticism, leaving Kara proud.

1