Chapter 16
27 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Consequences

While Treyu decided to heal Lia, there was a commotion at the church.

Instead of regular guards, knights were dispatched, discussing with the residents if something strange happened last night. As the head priest Kae was found motionless on the floor in the kitchen.

If that were it it wouldn’t be a problem.

Even though I looks like there had been no wounds to his body, his face was frozen in anguish which made it unclear if this was an accident or not.

Nonetheless without a head-priest the city will lose a part of its militant infrastructure.

One of the knights, Revi, being of the hidden knights corp he knew to only introduce himself as a knight and nothing else.

He knew this was suspicious while the other actual knights thought nothing of it.

If His Majesty sent me here there must have been something going on, he thought.

It’s true the city of Krui is a place of great public order. But for that order taxes are high and sadly many people end up in slums or homeless.

Ending his thoughts there as he serves the crown by choice, he went around the back of the church. 

When he got to the back door he could see feint small footprints, maybe a child’s?

He pondered the reason for a child’s footprints, for some reason his mind was telling him that the apparent “ White-haired child” that has been circulating around. Even if it was just a random child from the orphanage or something there’s still a possibility.

So he took note of this as there was no actual proof but he shall tell the crown nonetheless.

Back at the Royal palace, in the hidden chambers underground. 

After showing his respects, Revi was telling the king, Marlo Kruinia about the mysterious footprints.

Immidiatley he knew he said something the king wanted to hear as he perked his head up. But as that was all the information Revi has he lowered his head and apologized.

The king says there’s no need to apologize since he’s already got it covered. Confused by this but not wanting to ask since that would be insolence to the crown.

Revi again paid his respects and left. As he did another knight came from the other door behind King Marlo, expecting this Marlo turned to face the knight.

After paying his respects the knight told Marlo about the information that has been gathered. 

At first the white haired boy was just another meaningless citizen. In less than a week he was seeming to be an enigma. After the well known youth party brought him back, and went onto the blood wolf hunt he was the only one not injured along with the archer Kara. 

Then after one of their party members, Lia was hurt badly, one of our head priests drops dead. Maybe this is paranoia, Marlo thought. But then why did that boy cause a commotion at the slave traders? Why was he there anyway?

Nonsense, paranoia is thinking without a reason, he thought. Marlo sent the knight Corp to capture Grant and Daro for an interrogation for more information. 

But as this child is a mystery don’t underestimate it. 

After Daro and Grant were taken into custody, Revi was sent to question them.

The most they could get was that Lia and Kara most likely knew if anything, but they had no idea. Revi could tell how this was effecting them mentally, as they were thought of as a promising party not killers.

Revi was only told to gather information on the child, not why or any other reason. So he could not possibly think of doing this when they could just go ask the child.

——————

After Treyu, Lia and Kara realized Daro and Grant were gone, the storm was already brewing.

[Kara] Treyu come with us, if we split up even more then it may be trouble.

So I went along with the two looking around for Daro and Grant. It was then that we knew something was definetly wrong.

Around five knights showed up around up and told us to follow them. Seeing around the same number gather behind us we started walking.

They led us to a blocked off stairwell which connected to the underground. 

When we reached the area they were leading us to Daro and Grant were there, bound and kneeling.

[Lia] What’s the meaning of all this??! 

Lia couldn’t hold back her anger anymore.

Looking like she was about to draw her sword she was met with a voice-

[???] Now, calm down. You don’t want to be mutinous to the crown do you?

I didn’t know who’s voice that was but it seems both Kara and Lia did, as they immidiatley tensed up. I decided to speak.

[Treyu] So doing anything would be mutiny after you’ve done something to this extent? I understood this place was backwards but not complete garbage.

The entire underground went silent, only the dripping of water in the distance was heard for those moments, even Daro looked at Treyu as if to say “really”.

After shaking the confusion the knight that said something introduced himself.

[Irxi] I am Sir Knight Irxi, the top, first class knight of this kingdom! Such insolence! How a mongrel such as you still has a tongue is beyond me.

With that, he officially intruded on my speech. What right has he to do so? What right does he have to randomly take my friends? 

I grimaced at this as hearing that guy sir knight fuckfaces words, they’re like the sound equivalent of throwing up in my mouth, putrid.

The 10 knights surrounding Lia, Kara and me were all focused on me as they watched me grimace at Irxi. Irxi was behind the encirclement, looking annoyed.

Something odd and out of place happened at this time, it was like realizing a name for something you’ve been mispronouncing all this time, Sloths Vice, Greed and Gluttonies Avarice.

[Kara] Treyu...

But before she could finish I sent out 10 sloths vices, slamming them to the ground and leaving them motionless, upon my avarice absorbed them into me, i immidiatley felt strong enough to destroy anything.

I looked at the last knight, the top class knight frozen, shaking and staring at my eye.

Well I guess everyone faces some sorta consequences for their actions, i murmured.

—————-

I had just proudly proclaimed myself and upon doing so the massacre ended as frightfully fast as it started. 

I knight Irxi cant meet my end like this. 

But I cant run away, this feeling of hopelessness as even if I ran it would only prolong the inevitable.

Never had Irxi felt a painful fear like this one, a fear of the reality before him.

Within seconds of him finishing his introduction black shadows shot out into all direction and thus crushed the men into the ground. Leaving their legs in unnatural ways and their skulls caves slightly.

What is this monster? Why, why me?  

Upon finishing those thoughts he felt a distorted pain, he was both being stretched beyond infinity and being compressed beyond being anything.

He was erased.

1