Chapter 2 – The Free Man
224 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arthur opened his eyes, finding himself in the dark tomb. 

"Motherfuckers left me here" he said, feeling his way around. 

The floor was wet and sticky, and from the smell, he knew it was his own blood, diarrhea and piss. 

He scrambled to get up, not knowing how long he has been unconscious. 

Remembering that they walked downhill the whole time, he searched for the incline and started walking upwards, his hands forwards to feel his way around. 

After hours of walking slowly, he found his way to the exit, but discovered it was blocked!

"Those bastards buried me alive!" Arthur cursed

But he didn't give up. One stone at a time, he threw them into the tomb, and after a whole night of clearing the stones, he saw daylight.

It was early in the morning at dawn, the sun had just risen.

Arthur picked up a stone and started hammering away at his metal collar.

Another few hours later, he threw the collar into the tomb. He was a free man!

He threw his clothes into the tomb too, as it was covered in dried diarrhea, blood and piss.

He would prefer to be found naked and say he was robbed than found in his slave clothes and returned to Frederick.

He was deep in the forest, so he headed in another direction instead, hoping to find civilization.

--

He found a stream an hour later, and took a drink and bath, washing himself up. 

As he got out of the stream, he realized he was naked and hungry, and had no skills to hunt. 

He regretted throwing away his rags, but was still convinced it was the best decision to make rather than getting caught and returning as a slave. 

He decided that maybe he should look for fruits or berries to eat and try to get out of the forest. 

Since he was out, he decided to have a quick look at his stats, which hasn't changed for nearly a year. 

[Name: Arthur Rios]
[Age:16]
[Class: Warrior]
[Alignment: Neutral]

[Level: 3
[Strength: 7 Speed: 5]
[Agility: 5 Durability: 7]
[Intelligence: 15 Charisma: 5]
[Life: 100/100 Mana: 10000/10000]

[Skill - Lvl1 Time Magic]
[Skill - Lvl1 Space Magic]
[Skill - Lvl1 Gravity Magic]

"Huh??" Arthur was shocked. 

Out of nowhere, he suddenly had mana, lots of mana. More than level 30 mages that he knew off. 

And he had 3 different magic skills!

Time, Space and Gravity!

These are types of magic that he's never heard off in Alysia. Of course he's heard of them from manga on Earth, but this was real life, not manga! 

The basic types of mages that he knew off were the elemental mages of fire, water, earth and air. 

Then there were those who had special insights into those elements, which gave rise to lightning, ice, lava and nature magic. 

Then there were the two extreme white and dark magics as well as the banned necromancy magic. There was also summoning magic, which was a specialization in itself. 

But he's never heard of time, space and gravity magic. 

"Could it be... when I touched the body in the tomb..." he wondered. 

It most likely was the case, but as a new type of magic, who would he learn how to use this magic from?

Was he, a non mage, supposed to develop this new magic field?

Since he was a level 1 in all 3 of those magics, he decided to give it a try. 

Not knowing what to do, he imitated the hand gestures mages he's seen do, and yelled "Time stop!", figuring out that this should be a type of time magic according to what he's read before. 

[You do not possess the required level to perform Time Magic]

"What the fuck?" he thought. 

Undeterred, he did the same and yelled "Teleport!" 

[You do not possess the required level to perform Time Magic]

"Fuck that! Gravity increase!" he tried another spell of gravity magic this time. 

[You do not possess the required level to perform Time Magic]

"Time accelerate!"

[You do not possess the required level to perform Time Magic]

"Remove gravity!"

[You do not possess the required level to perform Time Magic]

"Shit. Then how many levels do I need to perform Time magic then?" he asked aloud

[Time Magic minimum requirement Lvl200]

"What the fuck! How about Space?" 

[Space Magic minimum requirement Lvl200]

"Gravity?" 

[Gravity Magic minimum requirement...]

"...Level 200 I got it" Arthur said as he dropped to his butt

[Level 200]

"I didn't really improve at all!" he said, starting to feel like a big joke was played on him. 

"Nevertheless, I have over 10000 mana! Surely that would be useful. Maybe I should be a normal mage, now that I have mana. More than anyone else!" he said, perking up. 

He got up and started walking purposefully. 

He followed the stream, as water usually led to civilization and daydreamed about becoming a master archmage, more powerful than any other person in Alysia. 

As he walked, the stream joined others and the stream became a river, which joined more streams becoming a wider river with more rapid water. 

Suddenly, he heard a growl and looked up

"Shit, I should have paid more attention to danger" Arthur thought, looking up. 

In front of him was a large sabretooth tiger, who was approaching him slowly!

Arthur backed slowly, knowing fairly well that there was no way he could outrun such a creature. 

He looked around and saw that he was standing near the cliff, and it was a 10 meter drop down the river!

Just as the sabretooth tiger pounced on him, Arthur pushed himself off the cliff, prepared to risk it all in the river rather than with the creature. 

The sabretooth tiger's claws ripped a large slash across his chest and stomach, but it was a fortunate cut as although it cut him deep, it didn't reach his organs and only ripped open his skin and muscles, breaking his rib cage. 

As he fell into the river, his eyes opened in shock to see a monstrously large crocodile waiting below with it's jaws wide open. 

He closed his eyes, prepared for death when he suddenly found himself plunging into the cold water!

As he was washed down the river, he managed to get his head up for air and saw the sabretooth tiger fighting the giant crocodile, caught in a gator roll. 

The sabretooth must have followed him over the cliff and the giant croc must have decided the sabretooth was a better meal than his scrawny body. 

But no matter his good fortune, the river was getting more rapid and the waters rougher. 

And he wasn't able to swim to the shore as he plunged down a 20 meter waterfall. 

 

8