Page 4: The City Of Liars is not good place to stay in.
294 3 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Content wise it's shaping neatly, with it still being a bit vague. Darn it.

"Hm? Lit... don't look now, looks like that kid over there looks like he has a crush on you."

"Oh... that boy? well it couldn't be helped.
After all, I'm a pretty cute when my hood is down aren't I?" 

Lit showed a wide grin full of confidence while the old man could only give her a wry smile.

"Your cheekier than I thought... your parents ego must have rubbed off on you."
He frowned and wondered how terrifying this brat would be once she grew up.

It is undoubtedly unmistakeable the Lit had good facial feature that looked cute enough to charm people.
She evokes a desire to protect whenever her hood is off coupled with her small height looking like a child.
Many would think she is just a harmless sheep who had strayed from her family from a powerful household.

"Hey shut up, there's nothing wrong with having confidence in my looks."

(After all, I got hit on alot of times in the game.
It's not surprising that kid like someone of his age would be drawn to me.
Not to mention, this is my prided character that had spent 2 years playing around with...

Wow... that made me look like some kind of creep all of sudden.
Well, it cost me a fortune just custom creating her!
I based it off the cute character from an rpg game that caught my eye.)

Ralph couldn't reject her confidence either,
To him, her cute appearance made others lower their guard that even the nasty slave guard who caged them in.
Provided her with food and water, even the young ladies behind them wanted to approach her.
But they couldn't after seeing what she could do.

"So do you that kid's know his name?" when Lit asked this question.

"Didn't he tell you?" Ralph was astounded at how easy going she was...

"I dunno, he just follows me around and just asks a few questions like any ordinary kid.
He never told me his name at all, though he did ask about mine...
I told him I don't remember my own name."

"Is it possible he felt bad cause you didn't have a name? so he didn't tell you his own..."

"Probably..."

"Wow... your already quite a vicious charmer.
I wonder how scary you would be when you get older."

Lit frowned at the thought.

(If that happened my avatar will not be the same as before!
Well, not like I can complain about it in anyway.
Since this world now had realistic factors in it, aging doesn't seem impossible.)

As she thought deeply about it.

They were now closing in to the city, they saw a village from a distance.
But it looked rather worn down and looks abandoned for some reason.

"Is that a village? it looks rather worn out."

"Welcome to Taire. Kid.
In this place humans are like a source of money.
Slavery is abundant here, which is why I warned you to stay out of trouble when you come here.
Villages nearby this city is neglected and their blood is sucked dry,
Rumors of their treatment has already spread far and wide across the land."

"Then why do people still come here?" Lit asked.

"Money, deals and alot of slaves comes through here." Ralph said.

"I would have been a part of those slaves if it weren't for ya."

"What did you do to get yourself turned into one.
You seemed like a nice guy, now that I talked to you."

"Got myself into a mess with nobles ladies.
Got what I deserved and hated this world for it.
Though, sometimes unexpected things happens..." He grinned at Lit.

But she sighed. "I can somehow understand that..."

Her eyes grew weary and tired all of a sudden as she recalled what had recently happened to her.
It's been a few days since then, her legs cramped and there is no such thing as Healing magic to cure it...
Walk or starve...

Since her food supply is about to run out as well.

"Though, I wondered..."

"Wondered about what?"

"Where the heck did you pull out that bottle?
Isn't that heavy?."

While they spoke Lit brought out a silver canister filled with water.

(It was definitely a water canister but it's from the dead fat slave master.
I was thinking of using this and testing out Soul Tap.
It is made out of silver and can probably sold for alot of coins as well.
Though, it is full of booze when I first found it, I couldn't risk myself getting drunk and tossed the fluids away and washed it in a river during our journey.)

[Analyze.]

[A silver trinket of the old Slave master.
The Seal of the Slave master is embedded on it's side, hinting of its true noble owner.]

Lit face showed a grimace the moment the analyze system revealed something dangerous.

"Oh shi-" her cute voice rang in a panic as she cursed.

She then drank like she never drank before then threw the darn flask as far as her arms could reach.

"Huh? why did you do that kid!" he was shocked at how she suddenly threw the silver water bottle with beautiful decor on it.

"I saw the Slave master seal on it's side.
We might get found out if I keep carrying something like that."

"That's... unfortunate.
You even brought it all the way here."

"Tch!" Lit clicked her tongue.

"I didn't notice it sooner."

(I should have used analyze on all the trinkets I brought.)

Just in case she checked every piece of trinket she brought in her inventory.
Thankfully not all of them had the slave master mark which gave her some relief but felt frustrated how such things could discover them.

(I should have just brought the coins instead.)

Regret filled her heart as she felt unlucky.

The reason why she brought trinkets is due to ease of transportation.
Coins are heavy and bulky in terms of weight.
That she was troubled how to use the inventory to carry it all.

As her base Weight of her inventory could only carry up to 15 kg.

(Normally one could carry up to 40kg in the game.)

Due to her -50% debuff and 1 str stat, she had been crippled in terms of inventory usage.
Also choosing High Elf race also removed 25% of her strength stat as Lit Focused for optimization and meta purposes.
Now that she is in another world...

(Somehow... i'm regretting my decisions.)

Her leg now ached and itched, she felt some injuries around her feet due to constantly being rubbed and constantly moving.
As it continued to chafe, she truly wanted to rest.

"I'm close..."

The city is now a distance a way...
All they had to do was now hitch a ride from a carriage and finally rest in an inn for at least a day before migrating to another place.

After all, the Ralph's words were credible.
Considering how the villagers near the city was undoubtedly in quite a pinch.
As they soon arrived there.

One fact they noticed.

(Only old people are here, they looked quite sad.)

They gazed at us as we passed by, we were simply travelers with our aim was Taire.

...

...

...

In the end...

"Do you I really have to carry you?"

"You owe me one, Ralph.
And be glad that cute girl like myself is letting you carry me."

Shamelessly... there was no such thing as a man's pride in her head anymore.
Her legs was screaming and in pain like it was on FIRE.

Lit used her Threa-.
Charming words to have him carry her as her legs finally caved in.

Ralph couldn't reject her pitiful state after she finally admitted her limits.

"Your surprisingly light as a feather, though..."

She was now on his back being carried in a piggy back, on his side is his traveling bag.
He wore a worn out cape from one of the slain guards covering his appearance similar to Lit.
In a sense, he was acting as if he wanted to hide himself from the eyes of others.

As to how he felt as he carried her.

No doubt, she was indeed light.
In terms of height he was half as tall as her only her head reaching to his chest.
He wondered why a powerful child like her would be unconciouss and starving in the middle of the road.

"For someone so light, your quite a scary little sorceress.
I almost feel pity for the idiots who tries to lay their hands on you." Ralph showed concern for her opponents instead.

"Well there aren't many idiots that happened to try and lay their hands on me...
Welll, not yet at least anyways." Lit said while showing a confident grin.

(Aside from the dead players I crushed in PVP.)

While Lit was being carried her eyes turned and saw the boy.
He was making a pouting face while complaining: "Why didn't you ask me to carry you?"

But there was no way, she would want to burden a kid like her especially of how far the distance they were about to walk.

"Sorry kid, grow a bit stronger next time.
Your arms like twigs."

Lit was ruthless in her retort which he saw the kid slow down as he realized that fact.

The young boy's limb were scrawny as he wasn't able to eat properly.
But Ralph had arms that was still healthy in comparison to him.
Lit could only grin at the boy as she felt like she had a younger brother who followed her like a duck.

They both had the same height which is mostlikely why he was able to approach her.

Sadly, she thought: it would soon come to an end as they reached the city a few hours later.

...

...

...

Steel gates, Stone walls.
This place looked like a fortress.
No... the perfect description of it was...

"It looks like a prison." Lit words made Ralph nod.

"Because it is a darn prison.
For the slaves and criminals that is...
Only the rich get's richer in this place.

If you come here without a single coin,
Well, expect the expected be prepared to sell yourself just to survive."

"Sheesh, you sure know a lot about this place. How come?"

"I do, because this was my birth place.
It feels strange being dragged back here after telling myself that I won't ever return to this place."

Ralph words sounded strained as he explained it.

"Must have been horrible experience then..." Lit could imagine a person living in such a place.
If the lord of their home doesn't care about criminals and ill deals near their homes.
Then it's obvius, that they would scorn their own land and lose any interest in staying in it.

[Analyze] I used it on Ralph while i rode on his back.

[Partial knowledge obtained.]

[Former resident of Taire.
Living as a slum child he desperately tries to survive.
??????????????????????????????????????????????????
With good fortune managed to escape by sneaking into a carriage.
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Became a renowned mercenary.
??????????????????????????????????Involved???? Nobles???????
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????]

It was interesting to see that detail's of it was being shown and there was more left unfound.
Looks like that the more things I hear from him the more Analysis can decrypt the hidden detail's.
I sighed... (Analyze can easily discern objects but not people.)

Though, my real problem right now...

(I need to level up.)

The white light of leveling up already showed that I can gain more skills by taking down monsters but...
Despite being level one it's terribly slow...

I killed thirty goblins THIRTY!
Yet I seem to only leveled up enough to get only one skill!

The only choice left is to obtain quests.

As expected of Lost World Mechanics.
Killing monsters won't let player's level up like crazy all because your level is low.
Since i'm on my 3rd job the required exp is even more ludicrous.

Thank goodness that soul strike is powerful enough all on it's own but where am I suppose to use Soul Tap?

Not to mention...
After seeing those moving animated papers.
(Being a criminal in this world is a really bad idea.)

I can't just kill bad people for EXP.
Hopefully, I can just try and control my magic to at least beat them up.
(Let's try weakening the soul strike spell when we have the time.)

I thought of such a thing while being carried inside this city.

The rest of the group behind us followed and we entered a crowded city full of people with capes with different kind of colors.
In a sense, everyone in this city is wary of one another.
Except for the merchant selling merchandise as they sat offering their goods on the floor.

Bussiness wise it is definitely thriving.

"Welcome to Taire, do you need a guide?" a young man in a hood approached us as he said these words.
He had a gentle smile and refreshing expression on his face that made one feel welcomed.

But Ralph simply sneered at him.

"You mean a guide to hell!
We ain't beginners in this place get lost!"

His expression changed to a frown as his eyes grew sharp with a sensation of gangster around him.

"Ho? I didn't imagine your group to be quite knowledgeable about this place."

His eyes turned to me as though he was scheming something...

"Is that your kid?"

Ralph retorts with hostility. "So what if it is? what's it to ya?"

"Alright, alright...
But you'll regret this you know?"
As he said these last words.

The hooded fake gentleman fled as though he had lost.

"Don't let the kind faces in this place trick you all.
Everyone here are cold blooded schemers who will try to pilfer your lives."

Ralph said these warning to everyone in the group,
As I could only feel worry at what else would show up.

[New information found Analysis Updated: Ralph the Retired Conartist.]

Now I knew why he kept warning us about Taire.
The guy himself learned from this crazy place.

...

It didn't take long for more con artist to come to us like flies.
Some offered claiming they will earn alot of money. "Nope."
Some offered magical tools that sounded really useful with their glib tongue,
but my analysis found fault in them. "It's a scam."
Finally, other's even offered slaves to us which our answer to them was obviusly. "Please go away."

 "You weren't kidding, they won't leave us alone."

We haven't even reached the inn yet.

"Where are we going exactly?"

But to my surprise...

"Oi... isn't this..."

It's the place where they gather carriages for leaving the city.

"We are really leaving this quickly? We just arrived!"

"Do you really want to stay in such a place? I won't be staying here for obvius reason. "

His eyes turned to me with a brow raised up.
I couldn't help but sigh at Ralph's words, while the rest of the group bowed to him in thanks for his guidance.
It was only natural he wanted to leave the place where he was supposedly be sold off as a slave along with the rest of the group.

"The only place that could be trusted here is the carriage services to leave the city.
Unless you provoked a powerful person that can control it's services, there's nothing to fear of any scams here."

His reasoning is logical if the transportation area of the city doesn't work properly, there would be alot of issue for traveling traders.

I sighed... "Fine..."

(I wanted a bath at least...)

As a result the group pooled together the money they had...
It was enough to at least purchase supplies and a carriage for leaving to another city.
We rested by the streets as my feet were now covered in bandages after noticing the blisters.
When everyone saw it some of the women decided to purchase some soothing ointment with Ralph as he knew where to properly purchase reliable stores.

We were fortunate that someone with us is a resident of this place.

The perfect word to describe this place is... Taire The City of Liars.

[Notice: Map updated City Of Liar's Taire had been added to the records.]

Aside from anything else, the system is still working...
Eventhough it's partially broken...

17