The Flower under Heaven Blooms with Love Chapter 1
340 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 1

Lian Hua opened his eyes. He blinked a few times and stared at the unfamiliar drapes on the four-poster bed with sleepy eyes. He closed his eyes again and turned over to his side, burying deep into the cosy blanket. He definitely woke up on the wrong side if the bed today.

After a few seconds, the sound of an unfamiliar alarm pealed from somewhere to his right.

Strange. When did I change my alarm to the sound of birds chirping?

He had been out drinking with friends last night. It was the bachelor party of one of his friends.

They were all joking about the fact that he was the only single dog left among their circle of friends. Although he was already 29 years old, he still did not feel that he urgently needed to find a wife. But despite his own feelings about the matter, he still drank along with his rambunctious friends.

Maybe he got so drunk last night that he changed his alarm sound before sleeping. But it felt strange since he never even realized that such a sound existed in his phone. And it was a Sunday. He doesn’t have any work on weekends, so he normally sleeps in without any alarms.

And he did not feel any tell-tale signs of a hang-over. He would already have the mother of all headaches the morning after an alcoholic bender with his friends. But now, he did not feel any discomfort, not even any smell of alcohol from his body.

His eyes were still closed as he thought of various things from last night’s party. He tried to recall his last clear memory before his sobriety flew out of the window. The chirping of birds continued to play in the background.

Then, Lian Hua heard a knock on the door. He immediately sat up straight with eyes wide.

He lived alone in his apartment. So who was outside? He stared at the dark wooden door.

There was another series of knocks. A female voice came from behind the door that said, “Young Master, the Madame wanted to remind you of your morning appointment today.”

Young Master… What?

Lian Hua gaped as his just-waking brain processed what he just heard. His chest was beating rapidly when he finally got a clearer view of the bedroom he was in.

His bed was just a regular double bed. His room only had simple furniture in it. But now, he realized that the four-poster bed he was in was not a figment of his sleep-addled brain. His bed had changed, and his bedroom also expanded in size. The room was furnished with low-key but expensive furniture. Even an average person like Lian Hua could tell the difference.

He run his fingers through his hair in confusion. He stopped short when he realized that he had a considerable grip on his hair. His hair was longer! Didn’t he just have a haircut earlier this week?

What was happening?

“Young Master, the Madame would also like to tell you that she wants to have breakfast together. Your food will be served when you go down to the dining room,” the female voice once again said. And when he focused his hearing, he could hear the sound of retreating footsteps.

The continuous peal of birds chirping added to the confusion inside Lian Hua’s head. So he turned to the side and picked up the source of the sound—his mobile phone.

He hurriedly grabbed the device but was stunned for a few seconds. He stared at the unfamiliar device. The phone’s screen lit up and revealed the lock screen. In it was picture of a sixteen or seventeen year-old teenager sitting on the hood of a very expensive-looking car.

Lian Hua’s eyes almost bulged out, because he could not recognize the teenager or the device. The lock screen needed a pin to open, but he did not know what it was.

He tried to input his usual pin but it didn’t work. He studied the phone and discovered that it had a fingerprint scanner at the back. He tried using his right index finger and was surprised when it worked. He finally turned off the chirping alarm.

When the phone unlocked, the first thing that he saw was the picture of the same teenager from the lock screen. The wallpaper of the phone as the teenager’s selfie on top of a very tall building. He almost got dizzy after looking at how small the background was in the picture.

Lian Hua shook his head and decided to get out of the bed. He left the phone on top of the bed and searched for the bathroom. His apartment’s bedroom had an adjoining bathroom, and this room was also the same. He approached the only other door aside from the one he thought was the exit.

When he went inside the bathroom, he was dazzled by the luxuriousness of the room. This was definitely not his apartment and his apartment’s bathroom. He only had a unit bath with a sink, a toilet, a shower, and a small bathtub. You can’t even really stretch your whole body in it.

But the bathroom that he was in now as equally as spacious as the previous room. The design was modern but elegant with white and grey marble walls. There was even a Jacuzzi-style large bath tub. On one side of the wall was a large, flat-screen TV. But Lian Hua forgot to examine the rest of the bathroom when his gaze fell on the large mirror above the sink to his left.

His jaw almost fell down to the floor when he saw that the face that as staring back at him from the mirror was different.

It was the teenager from the phone!

His whole body was shaking as he stepped closer to the sink. He leaned forward to get a closer look at the face that was being reflected on the mirror. His hand moved to touch the mirror’s surface, right where the face was being reflected on. After a beat, he retrieved his hand and touched his own face. He carefully watched the whole process in the mirror.

What in the world has happened to me?

 


PAchan: Hi there! Welcome to my new writing project. I haven’t been using my creative writing skills that much recently, so I started this story. This is slice of life fluff. I will be taking liberties and have an alternate reality to accommodate my story.

Please leave me comments. I would greatly appreciate it! ^_^

8