Triple Date and Trouble
134 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gabrielle put on her pretty red dress, she was so excited to go on a triple date. She didn’t know that Drake and Lunara had gone on a date the week before though, but luckily Lunara coaxed Drake into going. She felt bad about Pain going, because Fira told her that it hurts him to change his prosthetic jaws, but he really did want to go.

“Are you almost ready?” Skyler peeked in, he wasn’t wearing his trench coat, he had a nice black dress shirt on with some black dress pants.

“Are you trying to catch me in the middle of getting dressed?” She giggled.

“I’ve seen you in less.” His cheeks turned gray.

“Oh, you!” She blushed as well, and flicked her hand in his direction.

“Well, you might wanna hurry up, it’s almost time to leave.” He lowered his head and quietly shut the door.

She picked out a matching pair of red heels and put them on. She grabbed her purse and headed into the living room. Skyler was putting on a long dress coat. After he buttoned it up, she couldn’t hold in her chuckles.

“You look like a super villain.” Some air escaped past her teeth as she tried to stifle her laughter.

“Do I?” He looked down.

“Yeah, I think you should have picked a shorter one.” She put a hand to her face.

“Sheesh, is there anything I can do to make it look less super villainy?” He raised ends of the coat a little with his fingers.

“Maybe a cute lapel pin would take the edge off, and I do mean edge.” She went into her room and looked in a clothes drawer for a cute pin for him to wear.

“You keep your pins in there?” He peeked back in.

“Oh, this one is just perfect.” She picked up a golden rose pin.

“Can I keep it?” He slipped through the doorway and walked up behind her.

“Of course.” She presented him with the pin.

“Thanks.” He took the pin and kissed her on the cheek.

She giggled again. She slipped past him and went to the door. They left in Skyler’s car to the restaurant. They arrived and got out, she noticed Pain and Fira first, and waved at them. Pain went over and hugged her.

“How are you doing? It feels like forever since I last saw you! Thanks for keeping those guys occupied, by the way.” She patted Pain on the shoulder.

“I didn’t have to use the book, I’m fine, Shai made Fira an honorary member.” Pain smiled.

“Oh, that’s great! I heard horrible things about that book from people.” She shivered. remembering the horror stories Skyler and Elaine told her.

“I’m glad you two are getting along.” Fira walked up to the two of them.

“Wait, why do you have a ring? Did you and Skyler get engaged?” Pain looked down at the ring and looked up at Gabrielle

“Well, yes.” Gabrielle nodded

“That’s so sweet, I’m happy for you two.” Fira put her hands on her cheeks.

“Looks like you two are about ready to tie the knot.” Pain grinned.

“Where’s Lunara and Drake?” Gabrielle looked around.

“Over there.” Fira pointed to the doorway to the restaurant.

“Oh, I didn’t recognize them in those clothes.” She was surprised. Lunara was wearing white, which was the first time that she had ever seen her in those colors. Drake was wearing a dark blue suit. She had never seen him anything but black, and thought that goths are only supposed to wear black.

“I told them not to wear their goth clothes this time.” Fira shook her head.

“I’m surprised you didn’t tell me to not wear dark purple,” Pain said, adjusting his dark purple suit.

“Oh no, you’re fine. I don’t think dark purple is a goth color, I’m trying to get Drake and Lunara to ease up on the goth clothes.” Fira giggled.

“To be honest, I think you are right about Drake and Lunara being goths, I never see them wear anything but black, they’re mopey a lot, it really fits. I just didn’t realize until you told me they’d be losing the goth clothes.” He rubbed the back of his head.

“Well, we should join up with them, come on.” Fira tugged at his suit.

“Yeah, let’s go, Skyler.” Gabrielle turned to Skyler and grabbed his hand.

“Alright.” Skyler smiled as she led him to the doorway.

They got inside and got seated. Lunara and Drake looked surprisingly happy for people who weren’t wearing the type of clothing they usually do. They were seated next to Pain and Fira on the right side of the table, and Skyler and Gabrielle sat in the middle of the left side.

“You seem to have cheered up after I got you to go.” Lunara grinned at Drake, who smiled back.

“I’ve been told taking your advice is a good idea.” Drake nodded.

“I’m so used to us spending time in Purgatory that going out became a foreign concept to me.” Pain smiled awkwardly.

“Aw, but you know I love that place.” Fira rubbed Pain’s gloved arm.

“I don’t think Lunara can say the same for the Mainframe.” Drake frowned.

“It wasn’t that scary, I mean, the ground was slippery but other than that it was fine.” Lunara shook her head.

“Oh, by the way, Gabrielle and Skyler are engaged now,” Pain said.

“Really? That’s great!” Lunara smiled.

“I had already heard about that from Skyler, since we’re family.” Drake shrugged.

“Aren’t you happy for them still?” She turned to Drake.

“Yeah, I am. I just already heard the news.” Drake lowered his head.

“Oh, speaking of that, Skyler got a new scar. By the way, will you ever get those flare ups again?” Gabrielle looked at Skyler worriedly.

“Oh, no. Now that they are all dead, that won’t be a problem anymore. I easily overpower their influence now, since I have all their pieces.” Skyler sighed and smiled.

“Oh, that’s good! I really hated that I had to watch you sit there and hurt last time.” She breathed a sigh of relief.

“I was told by that Adam guy, you know, the guy with the pea shaped head.” He made a gesture with his hands showing the shape of Adam’s head.

“Oh yeah, he told you what to do to bring peace to Elega, I remember that.” She nodded slightly.

“Yeah, glad all that shit is done and now we can relax while the new castle is being built.” Skyler leaned back and wrapped his hands behind his head.

“I’m sure you’ll make a great king, not sure about me being queen though.” Her smile faded, she wasn’t really sure about her abilities.

“You’ll be the best queen ever, I guarantee it.” He nodded at her reassuringly.

“You always know what to say.” She leaned on her wrist.

The waiter came up to the table and took their order, then went back to the back. They chatted for a little while until the waiter brought them their food. After that they started to eat. Skyler scooped a fork full of lasagna but some of it got on his right glove.

“Ah shit.” He took some water and a napkin and rubbed the glop of sauce off. He took his glove off to let it dry.

“You’re so messy.” Gabrielle laughed.

“I’m sorry, they put a lot of sauce on this thing.” Skyler frowned and wiped his sauce covered lips with the still wet napkin.

“It almost looked like blood,” Lunara said.

“Yeah, like he’d eat anybody.” Gabrielle laughed again.

“Uh… Well...” Skyler went silent.

“Wait… You haven’t… Did you?” She put a hand to her face.

“I was out of it but yeah, I have before. Demons are capable of digesting that kinda stuff. I just choose not to.” Skyler lowered his head again.

“I can’t say if I have or not, I wouldn’t have been in control of my body if I did, but I do know Mother has, only when she was either really hungry or she was out of it,” Drake piped up.

“You haven’t asked Glitch about that?” Lunara’s eyes widened.

“I was too afraid to ask.” Drake shook his head

“Okay, I think that’s enough of that talk for now.” Gabrielle was getting uncomfortable.

“Alright.” Skyler nodded. Drake went silent and continued to eat his food.

They continued to eat, mostly in silence, with some small talk sprinkled in. After everyone was done with their meal, everyone wondered who would pay the bill, and if it should be split. The door opened to their right, and a bunch of people in very familiar coats came in.

“I’ll pay for it.” Skyler raised his right hand.

One of them drew a gun and fired at Skyler. There was a loud ricochet noise, and Skyler lowered his right hand, which had morphed into a small shield. Everyone got up and drew their weapons.

“I see Turbuk wants to say hello.” Skyler morphed the shield into a blade.

“At least they let us finish eating first.” Pain chuffed with a smile.

“Who are these people?” Lunara looked to Drake.

“Demon Hunters,” Drake replied.

“Oh, so that’s who they are.” Fira looked back.

“Yeah, stay vigilant.” Pain brandished his scythe.

They jumped into action and attacked the Demon Hunters. Pain and Skyler were slashing at them, while Lunara and Gabrielle were in the back, Lunara was shooting arrows and Gabrielle was casting weak light spells so she wouldn’t pass out. Drake had his gloves off and was clawing at a few Demon Hunters, while Fira was busy dodging and parrying a few of them on her own. Pain hacked a few of them in half, as did Skyler. Gabrielle and Lunara hit a few of them from afar, weakening them enough so Skyler, Pain and Drake could finish them off. Drake was covered in goo in the aftermath after how many he clawed, and Fira eventually finished off her opponents as she finished them off one by one.

After the last one fell, Skyler morphed his arm back to normal and handed the stunned waiter his card, along with a twenty dollar bill lightly splotched with yellow goo.

“Here’s a tip for being understanding.” Skyler grinned.

“Th… Thank you,” The waiter said breathlessly and took his card and the twenty dollar bill.

After the bill was paid, they left. Even though they were covered in goo, they still had a good time.

“See you soon, everyone.” Skyler waved.

“Don’t forget to stop by the hospital.” Drake waved back.

“Congrats on the engagement, you two! I’m going to get cleaned up and then spend the rest of the day with Fira, you up for it, love?” Pain wiped some goo off his face and lovingly eyed Fira.

“I wish we didn’t have to go, but alright. I’ll see you later Gabrielle, Lunara.” Fira waved.

“Yeah, bye everyone! Have a great rest of your day!” Gabrielle waved too.

They all parted ways and got into their cars. Everyone went home knowing that even though the war was officially over in Elega, conflict was always on the horizon. Gabrielle especially knew that it wasn’t over, because Skyler didn’t seem that happy about the confrontation. She remembered Skyler saying it was Turbuk who sent the Demon Hunters, and she was worried that she wouldn’t be able to go out by herself anymore without being prepared for battle. She sighed and looked at her ring. One story had ended, but another was just beginning.

0