Chapter 7
343 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Karl felt that he was shaking and he didn't have any strength.  Sitting weakly by the bed, Karl found that Pudding had fallen asleep under the covers.

Looking out the window, it turned out that it was already late at night.

"Effilee is too cruel how could she treat a kid like that?" Karl recalled his previous training and couldn't help but smile.

According to what Effilee said, if someone wanted to master the Observation Haki, it was best to have a strong reaction ability and a heart that can calm down quickly.

So to let Karl have a strong ability to react, Effilee told Karl to dodge what she throws at him... And to make Karl aware of the seriousness of the matter, Effilee said that Karl would have to run a circle around the Temptation forest every time he was unable to dodge something she throws.

Karl knew that Temptation Forest was a large forest on the southwest coast of Cake Island. It took a long time just to cross the forest, let alone a lap outside.

So Karl took this training very seriously.

But there was no way to dodge everything Effilee threw at him. At first, Effilee threw some doughnuts. Karl was focused and could avoid it all.

But later Effilee increased the difficulty and started throwing cake at him.

Cake, which was a type of soft dessert, when thrown in the air, would obviously spread apart. So once she started throwing cakes at him Karl felt it was next to impossible to dodge all the pieces of cake.

Finally, Karl could only accept the punishment, he ran a circle around the forest of temptation, and it took him until now to finish one lap, after completing the lap he finally returned to the room.

Thinking that he would get a couple of hours of rest before dawn Karl decided to go outside to relax in the cool breeze. He got up and started walking outside and just when Karl was about to push the door open, he only felt a sudden numbness in his body, and then something strange seemed to run up and down inside his body.

Karl was startled and hurriedly grabbed his body. He tried to grab the part of the body where the "thing" was moving around. When this "thing" passed by, Karl felt that his fingers were being zapped by electricity. His whole body became numb.

"It should not be a parasite, but some kind of energy... It feels like electricity." Karl calmed down, trying to figure out the true face of this "thing" by feeling it.

Karl simply sat cross-legged on the ground. He was determined to find out the "thing" in the body. When energy passed through somewhere in the body, he felt a slight tingling sensation, like the feeling of numb legs.

Suddenly, this energy no longer wandered through Karl's limbs but approached the fragile organs.

    Karl didn't react, he felt a sharp pain coming from all over his body. Karl looked grim, but he resisted without making any sound, but he was gritting his teeth desperately.

"What the hell is it? Why do I have this kind of thing in my body? Is it because I was cursed by someone, or is it the power of some devil fruit? I didn't offend anyone, right?"

    Karl bit his lips there was a trace of blood, but the pain of biting his lips could not be compared with the pain coming from the organs. Karl felt that his breathing was already a little laborious. If he did not find a solution, even if he didn't die of pain, he estimated that his internal organs would be seriously injured due to this.

But fortunately, this energy did not wander in Karl's internal organs for too long, instead, it wandered back to the right arm again. Karl subconsciously wanted to stop this energy, and then discovered that it gradually lost its power and stopped on the right arm.

But before Karl was happy, the slight tingling in his right arm turned into a sharp pain, as if it was going to move around again.

The magical scene happened again, the unknown energy slowly weakened, and finally reached a state close to nothing.

Karl, who felt that he had escaped from hell was covered in a cold sweat. He had to say that this was the first time he had felt threatened for his life after being in this world for so long.

And it was not because of the cruel sea, the marines, or the Pirates. But because of inexplicable unknown energy...If he died because of it, then Karl would be disappointed in himself.

After all, his previous life was boring enough. Coming into this world, Karl had worked so hard for so long, isn't it just to have a wonderful life in the future? If he really died here then he wouldn't be able to enjoy it.

After he calmed down, Karl thought for a while, and the inexplicable sixth sense told him that this energy might help him in the future and become his trump card.

Karl slowly tried to sense the strange energy dormant in the right arm, and he quickly sensed it.

Next, Karl tried to control it slowly... and he succeeded at once?

Karl controlled the energy and moved it to his palm. He was trying to understand what the energy was. After all, if you want to completely control something, you must first understand it.

After a while, Karl's palm slowly glowed with a light blue light, and there was a slight sizzling sound.

"This is lightning? I have lightning inside me? Or am I a member of the Mink clan? But now I have no fur in my body except my hair. I am still bald down below." 

He quickly ruled out the possibility of him being a Mink. Next, Karl ruled out the possibility that he was a person with Devil fruit ability. After all, Karl had been exposed to water, but he didn't have any symptoms of loss of strength.

Although he had not figured out how lightning energy appeared, Karl has discovered some properties of this energy.

This lightning energy may not be enough to be used as a killing move. The maximum intensity of thunder and lightning could not reach the intensity that can electrocute people, and its minimum intensity is similar to static electricity.

But it was not to say that this lightning energy was completely useless. Karl believed that this energy can at least improve his strength and play a huge role in the future.

After some time Karl also guessed about the source of this energy and he concluded that the energy was nothing more than the "gift" of the Lightning bolt he was struck by in the previous life. Because of the lack of physical strength in the past, it may not have been stimulated.

Although the intensity of this lightning energy in the body was not great, it still possessed the characteristics of lightning. For example, sharpness, speed, or strong cutting ability.

It may be a good idea to use this energy by combining it with your moves and increase the power of your moves. It may be a good idea, but Karl did not have his own moves yet, but he was not worried about that.

Because Karl thought of a feasible way. In Naruto, the third-generation Raikage and the fourth-generation Raikage could use the lightning generated by Chakra to stimulate the cells in their body, and greatly improve their physical fitness.

Think about the third Raikage, who once was surrounded by ten thousand ninjas and fought for three days and three nights... In the end, he was still not killed by his enemies but died due to exhaustion.

If he could use lightning energy to elevate himself to the level of the third Raikage, Karl felt that he might be able to compete with Kaido for the title of the strongest creature.

Karl slowly controlled the lightning all over his body, controlling the intensity to the extent he could adapt. Soon, Karl turned blue all over, but his hair did not stand up like a hedgehog due to the lightning energy.

This made Karl secretly happy. After all, it showed that his body did not reject this kind of lightning energy, so using this energy to strengthen and stimulate the cells in the body would have a better effect.

Karl controlled the intensity of lightning energy and felt the changes in his body. It didn't take long for him to realize that the fatigue of his training with Effilee not only disappeared, but his body seemed to be more energetic than ever.

Unfortunately, even at dawn, Karl did not develop the so-called lightning simulation method.  And the strength, stamina, and speed of the body had not been improved, but Karl had also gained something.

'Not only did yesterday's fatigue be wiped out, but I also didn't feel sleepy by staying up all night, and my body seemed a lot lighter. Also even if I increased the intensity of lightning in my body, it didn't feel as painful as before.'

The improvement of lightning intensity is a slow process, and Karl did not lack time.

The sunlight outside the window poured into the room, Karl stood up, stretched out his waist, and looked out the window, and he saw a peaceful and dreamy cake island in a fairy tale. Karl said with emotion, "Ah! It seems to be a beautiful day!"

11