Chapter 19
498 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Before entering the "Mermaid Cafe", Karl heard the laughter of several young fishman.

Karl had to admit that most of the mermaids were very beautiful. Not only they had a hot figure, but they also have intriguing looks. They had an angel’s face and devil’s figure.

Of course, not all fishmen were so good-looking, so he wouldn’t spread some false rumors here.

Karl got out of his trance and looked at saw Shirahoshi, many young and beautiful mermaids gathered around her. Shirahoshi was the center of attention among these mermaids. Although she was young, she was much taller than these mermaid sisters.

And Karl became a little jealous when he saw this. Although Karl was taller than his peers, in front of these mermaid sisters, his head barely reached their chest, plus these mermaids' sister's attention was attracted by Shirahoshi, and they ignored him.

Fortunately, Karl was not the kind of pervert like Sanji, otherwise, he would lose too much blood and die looking at these beauties.

Finally, these mermaid ladies also noticed Karl.

"Wow, what a cute kid, he has three eyes, kid, are you a Fishman?"

"I haven't heard of any Fishman that have three eyes..."

"But how can human children come to Fishman Island? This is 10,000 meters deep in the sea."

Karl was preparing to explain, but Shirahoshi took the initiative to explain "Karl, Karl is my friend, he is a human of the Three-Eyed tribe and a very good person."

"Hello ladies, I’m Karl, I’m seven years old this year, and I’m a good friend of Shirahoshi. And I have many specialties."

Karl talked a little politely and instantly many fishman started to think of him nicely. But some still didn’t like him too much.

"There are many specialties, what kind of specialties do you have?”

Although the mermaid sister who was talking was very beautiful, she was also much taller than the other mermaid sisters. She had short blue and black hair and sky-blue eyes and an apron around her body, Karl smelled a strong smell of coffee beans on her body. It seems that this mermaid sister may not just be a waiter in a coffee shop, but a barista.

" I also make coffee." Karl smiled slightly and said without thinking.

They just heard what Karl said, all the mermaid sisters around seemed to have heard something particularly funny, and they were all overjoyed.

Karl knew why these mermaid sisters were laughing. After all, most of them were not good at making coffee, many of these skills were almost impossible to master without long-term practice.

But it just so happened that Karl once used to work at a coffee shop in the past for a couple of years.

The world of One Piece was not as developed as his world after all. Although there were many black technologies, the development of some cultures was still far behind.

Although he was barely a coffee apprentice in the original world, his vision should not be worse than that of a top barista in this world, right?

When Shirahoshi saw that everyone seemed to be laughing at Karl, she was a little annoyed and was about to say a few words for Karl, but Karl stopped it.

"Puppy, don't worry, just wait to see my performance." Karl comforted.

Although Shirahoshi didn't know what Karl had planned, she still chose to trust him.

"This lady, what's your name?" Karl asked the mermaid lady who he suspected of being a barista.

"Shyarly."

Karl did not expect that the mermaid in front of him was the future Fortune teller Shyarly.

Karl quickly came back to his senses. "So Sister Shyarly, what kind of coffee do you like?"
"Me? I prefer strong coffee." Shyarly replied casually.

Karl nodded, turned on the see-through function of the third eye, and directly saw the storage room in the coffee shop.

"Sister Shyarly, can you explain to me the characteristics of these coffee beans? After all, only by knowing these characteristics, I can make good coffee." Karl said obediently.

Karl's words couldn't help causing Shyarly to take a look at the little kid in front of her. His words proved that he at least knew a thing or two about coffee.

"This is no problem. As long as you can make coffee that pleases me, I will help you once as long as it is in my capabilities."

Although Karl didn’t know what Shyarly was thinking, her promise was basically to let Karl see his future.

"That's a deal!" Karl said, and asked Shyarly to take him to storage and introduce all the coffee beans in the storage room. As Karl expected, many coffee beans were unique to the One Piece world, but the characteristics of many coffee beans were similar to some well-known coffee beans back in his previous life.

"Sister Shyarly, do you like to drink mixed coffee?" Karl asked suddenly.

"Comprehensive coffee? What kind of coffee is this?" Xia Li was taken aback, and she looked a little dull.

This made Karl a little surprised. "Simply put, mixed coffee is a coffee made from three or more different types of coffee beans."

“If a variety of coffees are blended, won't the taste become weird?" Shyarly looked surprised.

Karl: "..."

Well, although Shyarly’s reaction was beyond Karl's expectations, it was also good for Karl.

So, Karl chose a kind of coffee beans with a rich and solid taste, a little sour, a mellow smell, and a rich sweetness.

The characteristics of this coffee bean were more like Colombian coffee beans, which Karl needs. Next, Karl found a substitute for Brazilian coffee beans and Robusta coffee beans.
Based on a certain proportion of these kinds of coffee beans, you can make coffee with a strong flavor. Shyarly had to say that Karl’s technique surprised her. He was showing many of the skills she had never mastered, as a barista herself she received some huge benefit watching Karl.

Finally, Karl handed Shyarly a cup of coffee with a fragrance and golden color.

"Is this mixed coffee?" Shyarly said softly, "It looks really good."

"Please taste it." Karl smiled slightly.

Shyarly did not hesitate, so she took a sip.

Then, Shyarly’s eyes lit up, she didn't even care about the temperature of the coffee and took a few more sips.

"How is it?" Shirahoshi on one side looked more anxious than Karl.

"It's a coffee that I haven't tasted, but I like it very much," Shyarly said calmly.

Hearing this, Karl smiled. Shyarly told him to come and find her if he needs any help and went inside the coffee shop.

    ……

Shirahoshi and Karl also entered the coffee shop, sat down in a place inside, and the young Shyarly communicated with them.

"You already came?" Shyarly looked strange. She didn't know Karl before, so in her opinion, if Karl had any motives for finding her, then only...

    "You want to work here? That makes sense with the barista skills you have, ok I will hire you" Shyarly said.

Karl: "..."

Seeing Karl's expressionless face, Shyarly knew that she had guessed wrong.

"Then what's the matter with you looking for me?" Shyarly asked next.

"I heard that Sister Shyarly is a very famous fortune-teller... and I have been interested in mysterious fortune-telling since I was a child, so I want to learn divination from sister." Karl started talking nonsense without even thinking about it.

Speaking of fortune-telling, Shyarly’s complexion was a little gloomy.

"It is not a good thing to be able to see the future ahead of time," Shyarly said suddenly.

Karl also knew in his heart that Shyarly was by no means alarmist, but in Karl's view, if there was an opportunity to know the future and he didn’t seize it, then that would make him truly stupid.

Seeing Karl’s smile with unwavering confidence, Shyarly also looked complicated, and finally, let out a long sigh.

"Come with me, Karl, I hope you will not regret it in the future."

"I will not regret it..." Karl secretly said in his heart.

"Puppy, wait for me outside." When Karl saw Shyarly walk into the back room, he casually told Shirahoshi, and he soon followed after Shyarly.

Walking into the back room, Karl saw a very beautiful crystal ball.

"If you want to know if you have any talent for divination, just put your hand on the crystal ball," Shyarly said casually.
Karl didn't hesitate, so he put his hand on the crystal ball. The
crystal ball didn't respond.

"It seems you have no talent," Shyarly said directly, seemingly unwilling to give Karl a chance.

"What is the situation with talent?"

"The higher the talent, the brighter the crystal ball!"

"Is that so?" Karl tried to put his pupil power into the crystal ball. In an instant, the crystal ball shone brightly.

7