Chapter 3.7
3.4k 3 57
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Feeling

It should have been a month since I started observing the mana my mother had. A week ago I could already tell that she mostly uses water magic. But, I wanted to be sure, therefore I  waited until now, so I can see what else she uses. Detecting the mana was quite simply, after all it surrounds me. The time consuming task was detecting what spells she generally uses. It's like seeing fog and then you are told to taste it with your sight.

I guess this is how they used to test for affinities. But this method would be really unreliable, because it doesn't tell you what talents you possess, but rather what affinities you obtained because you practised. It could work with the mana of a child which hadn't used any magic, because that is as pure as mana can get. Then, by flushing the body with the same amount of mana of different types, they could tell what affinities you had by what sticks with you and changes your 'flavour'. Well, apparently this isn't used anymore. But this technique should be useful in combat if you use it fast enough.

Anyway, the 'flavour' of my mother's mana is wet with a earthly undertaste and a taste I can't quite place. I already knew that she mainly uses water magic and it seems like she also uses a bit of earth magic. I don't think the unknown taste is fire or wind magic, so it should be something different than the basic four, but what exactly, I do not know. She could also be using some other spells, but she would be using them so infrequently, that they are drowned out by the other affinities.

Let's see. I try to change my neutral mana into something like the water mana from my mother. After I concentrate for some minutes, it finally changes. It feels like my mana was in a well and now it broke through a wall. Soooo, what do I do with it? 

I wish I could hit myself.

It takes another few minutes to change it back to normal. After contemplating for several long seconds on why it was a good idea to change my mana into something that can be used to kill something, I begin changing my neutral mana to earth mana. I mean, I don't really have anything to do in here and I don't want to create a new mind space. I already know that I can't wait for long until I begin to play with it, so I should just get this over with. 

Now I am stuck here playing with my mana that could potentially kill me if I am not careful.

I have been explaining very much in the last chapters. Can you all understand it?
  • Yes, your intentions are clear Votes: 48 66.7%
  • Maybe, i can only understand part of it Votes: 4 5.6%
  • No, what the fuck are you talking about Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cherry Votes: 19 26.4%
Total voters: 72 · This poll was closed on May 24, 2019 04:45 PM.
57