v1c3.5 – Talk in midst of shadows
607 1 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a place where light and pure energy concentred to the point of manifesting forms in the air, a heavenly-looking woman opened her eyes, with terror visible in them.

“How can this be… To think that we would fail to predict the birth of another Ancestor-rank enemy.”

Noticing the woman's emotional state, another woman with a different appearance but similar in the level of beauty, grace, and holiness made a worried face as she asked.

“What happened, my friend? Did you see something worrisome this time?”

The first woman nodded stiffly.

“Yes… I only managed to detect it now, as it caused a wave on the river of time by revealing itself, but this being seemed to be around for some years and yet, managed to stay hidden. If a being like this carries a chaotic intent, then… the Mortal Plane will be in danger.”

“This much?” asked the second woman in shock, “This being is really this powerful?”

Confused, the first woman denied by shaking her head.

“No, is different… it’s potential and… knowledge that makes it dangerous. At the moment, it seems to have just started to move so it is still weak. The problem will be to find it… I feel a strong power covering most of its traces as if mocking me for trying to peek at it but when it moved, I manage to find its location..”

“Strong power…? To block your ability, at the very least the power of a Lesser God would be necessary…. Can’t be!? The 1st Seat of the Demon Union reached this level already!?”

“I don’t know…” Answered the first woman, “That person figure disappeared and hid for too long to act now just to help a newborn-like being.”

“…What should we do then? Should I pass an oracle to the church?”

“That would be good too, but… just this wouldn’t be enough. Most of our forces already have to worry about the 'gate', so the mortals will surely ignore this danger.” The first woman fixed her gaze on her friend's eyes, “We should prepare to send avatars.”

“What?! But if we do that…!” the second woman exclaimed in shock.

“I know… those involved as well as we that act as responsible for Terra’s order will be affected don’t matter what happens, there’s even a chance that some of the sent Lesser God’s will fall from their positions or even die in combat, but if we don’t do this now, it will be too late when that thing becomes a second aberration like the 1st Seat!”

Gritting her teeth, the second woman closed her eyes, her brows creasing as her mind became a mess thanks to this sudden change, but knowing that they shouldn’t waste time, she sighed.

“Alright, I agree then. Who do you recommend to descend this time? Our numbers have become quite low if we are to compare to the past…”

The first woman thought for a moment and replied in a small voice, causing the second woman to widen her eyes in shock.

(‘To think that she would go this far… whatever being she saw, it may be even dangerous than the demons in the Mortal Plane.’)

Thinking of this, the second woman nodded and shouted, her voices reaching the mind and ears of her followers and subordinates present on Heaven.

“As the Light Goddess, I order! Prepare the Heaven’s Gate!!”

With just a line, the whole Heaven turned into a mess as all kinds of beings felt worry, fear, and excitement for whatever would happen in the close future. And while the Light Goddess walked away to command her followers, the first woman, the Life Goddess wondered in her mind.

(‘Would this be enough…?’) Her eyes trembled in anxiety thanks to the bad feeling she felt when she saw that being through her special yet limited ability. Her eyes looked down as she muttered in a faint hope

“I just hope that this doesn’t end like what happened with Luxuria…”

Sighing, the Life Goddess forced herself to calm down and closed her eyes, trying to peek at the secrets hidden in the flow of time. But in her mind, she couldn’t help but think about a certain being.

(‘Oh Ancestral God, why have you secluded yourself at such time…?’)

But, at that moment, the Life Goddess received a message from that very being that changed her expression.

"Such a thing is even possible...?" the lost goddess muttered, but then her previous fragile and confused expression turned resolute, "If this is true, then I will do. No, I have no choice but to do so..!!"

18