Chapter 4
42 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

("I've never realized how small I was until now.") Being surrounded by children who are supposed to be small, I am basically the size of a newborn and so I'm even smaller than them!...
It's a bit uncomfortable but I'll have to deal with it. I'll get over it since I'm already getting accustomed to this size. Being small has its conveniences especially if I want to hide in a burrow or something.

Anyways, these children wish to play with me, ("How does a pet play with other humans?"). I get deep into though since I'm still being carried by owner, shifting through the memories of my dreams as a possibly former human.
I contemplate and branch my thoughts out much more having to still get accustomed to such ideas and comparisons, ("These buildings are primitive.") Realizing that first, I couldn't really expect much as the 'culture' should perhaps be lacking but this downgrade is easily acceptable as I don't need to deal with it as a human being but as a pet.

Suddenly my owner places me down as it seems she can't hold back any longer and wants to play with the others and me as she calls out to me, "Fel!~ Let's go!" instinctively making me follow her while also reflexively weaving through and around the many kids and teens attempting to also call me over to them.
I easily recognize a lot of them are saying 'Fel' which I can assume my name has been given and I start avoiding the lot. I don't trust them just yet as it's too much for me to just let them touch me, but I'll hope my owner takes good care of me as she seems quite pleased I'm following close to her rather than being distracted by the others.

The playing feels like a simple easy game of tag or catch as everyone begins running around and the impatient ones give up on calling me over and try to chase me.
Some of the teens are trying to intercept my path as they try to go round about towards my owner but I easily noticed as my adrenaline easily starts rushing into me as excitement causes my tail to wag furiously.
I scurry around here and there, sometimes jumping away from a kid or two I trick as they grab onto the air but I may have accidentally ended up causing two to bump into each other and the situation suddenly seems to escalate.
I don't understand what either is saying but I believe a fight may have happened from their argument and my owner comes over to call for me again crouching while extending her hands towards me and I oblige, "Fel, let's go home. We're going to have supper!"

She carries me off and I glanced over to see the children being a bit downcast for a moment before turning my attention back to my owner as I calm down with the excitement and adrenaline ending as I'm taken away from the crowd towards my new 'home'.
Looking around, the house my owner lives in appears to be the best out of all the others I guess since the size is noticeably larger than the other residences.
Opening and closing the door behind us, I note down how I'll be trapped in the house if I'm forgotten inside and have to plan accordingly but that makes me wonder. ("Will I be a house or outdoor pet?") but I think I'll be more of an indoor type for now because there aren't any preparations to accommodate a pet outside just yet.
Maybe if I can be extremely well behaved I can stay inside? I won't have to worry about anything very serious as being indoors is way more convenient in terms of safety.

My thoughts become distracted by the smell of something good, ("Food?! What did they make? It smells like it's mixed, I can't tell what it is!...") which makes my tail start to furiously wiggle with excitement.
My owner walks into the dining room and she greets who I assume is her mom, "Mother!~ Look at Fel! He's my pet now. Father let me keep him, is it okay? I'll take care of Fel so you don't have extra work to do."
The mother turns to glimpse over at me for a moment and smiles at my owner as I listen in trying to puzzle what in the world this language is, "Okay Laila, as long as you make Fel behave well and make sure he doesn't cause trouble, he can stay inside... We're having stew for supper, would you call the others? It'll be ready soon and we'll all welcome Fel." I heard my name pop up a few times so I'm guessing they're talking about me.
I wasn't ready and feel a surprise as my owner skips off with a spring in her step towards the some other rooms and so I take a look up at her to see she is smiling, ("Looks like I'm welcome here and I can stay. I wonder where I'll be sleeping tonight?") I'm relieved I'm very welcomed here so I'll do my best to behave even if they suspect how suspiciously trained I appear!

Waiting around still in my owner's arms, I eagerly look forward to dinner as she knocks and calls upon a few doors. I can see she found her father and brother in what I assume is an office-like room as the door is open wide enough for me to look around inside and glance at the room's structure and purpose. ("This is probably some cabinet room if my owner's dad is the chief here...")
She reminds the two that it's time to go eat, "Father, Rolth, mother finished cooking up stew for us but what's Fel going to eat?"
Her father rubs his chin thinking a little bit as he makes a guess, "I don't know Laila... For now we can give Fel a little plate of the stew and see what he eats from it. Tomorrow you'll have to check up on him and see if he's fine."

I realized it's a bit unfortunate that she hasn't called out their names when looking around the house for these two but I'll find out their names soon enough...
My owner smiles happily as she nodded and agreed with the suggestion, "Okay! I'll make sure Fel doesn't get sick!" and suddenly she starts to pet me out of nowhere which surprises me but I just accept it in confusion.
Just as she's about to close the door her brother calls out wanting to accompany her, "Wait, Laila! I'm coming too!" who then walks off as her brother catches up and closes the door behind them and happily focuses his curiosity upon me.
I think he called her name out but it's hard to recognize it so far but I really hope I can find out their names soon enough... it is unfortunate to be underestimated as an animal but I'm really smart! I just need some time to learn, really!

He chats with her giving his own concerns about me while I'm still dubious about their language, "I think Fel will be fine. The meat earlier hasn't had any bad effects on him so anything we eat should be safe for him too."
My owner retorts for me in concern not yet trusting in what my body is capable of handling, "This might be Fel's first time eating some meat and he's going to eat some more of it soon since it's in the stew. We'll have to see if he gets unwell tomorrow so let's try to not give him too much..."
I'm trying to listen but I can't understand a single thing and gave up trying to follow along as the smell gets stronger while we're approaching the dining room again. I'm keeping myself in check but my body wants to really just jump out of my owner's arms and rush over to where the delicious smelling food is!...
Soon enough, we're back in the room and my owner's mom has already laid out the tableware and dishes but Laila requests an additional serving for me in a smaller quantity, "Mother, can you get a small plate for Fel to try some? I'll clean the dishes after everyone's done eating for today."

Glancing over at me a moment, she nods and gets back up from her seat and gets another plate as I get extremely excited seeing a fifth serving being prepared just for me, ("Amazing! I get to eat human meals already! This is perfect!")
My owner ends up laughing as she turns me around to have me look at her, "You're really getting excited huh Fel?" After getting closer to the table she then places me down on the floor and then her mother passes over a plate of stew and then my owner crouches down to place it next to me and my attention easily shifts over.
I look at the plate of watery looking broth slightly tinged brownish with chunks of potatoes with veggies and a very few yet scattered tiny bits of meat chunks of some sort.
The smell is absolutely wonderful, the best scent I've ever come across since my return of memories in this world.

I sniff away quite a lot at the steaming plate of fresh cooked stew and my owner's mother warns her about the heat, "You should be careful, Fel might burn himself eating the stew, it's still hot. Go wash your hands first before we all start eating our supper when Groln arrives."
My master listens to her mother and went to clean her hands since she's been carrying me a lot and has to clean them before she eats and heads over to a sink and washes her hands with a magic tool that catches my attention.
I looked over feeling something fluctuate in the air as I hear water being used to rinse her hands of dirt and soon enough the fluctuation stops a moment later when my owner finishes where she then returns to the table and sits down with the other two family members.

Her father joins up soon after too, also then first heading over to the sink and wash his hands as well, another feeling of something fluctuating in the air before I hear water yet again and my interests are piqued, ("A magical tool that creates water to help people wash hands? That's quite modern...")
He sits down and then after a moment there seems to be some sort of welcoming speech or prayer, "We thank Ishmael for her benevolence and wish to welcome Fel to our family..."
After he finishes saying that I can see everyone's beginning to now start eating and show their curious glances at me and since it's not quiet I divert my attention back to my food and sniff at it once again, struggling to find a way to deal with heat remaining in this stew.
It should be almost done cooling by now right? I gave up waiting any longer and carefully lick into the stew as it definitely is still hot, but at least it doesn't burn up my tongue.

I throw away my caution since the taste is as just as amazing as the smell and ignore the pain from the abrupt heat attacking my tongue but it's worth it! The food's too delicious, I want human food everyday now!
I circle around the plate getting to different areas of my stew eating every type of vegetable in there cabbage, carrots, onions, garlic, potatoes, and the little bits of something akin to pork meat being the small cubes I noted as meat earlier.
I'm not letting a single drop get onto the floor so I'm still careful enough to not lap it up aggressively without reserve, still savoring the stew to an extent. I feel like I could eat a whole plate equal to theirs but this will do; I should be satisfied being able to already eat what my care takers are eating and not random animal feed.
They're really generous aren't they? Allowing a pet like me to eat the same things like them. This should be really unusual right? I wonder what kind of food I'd be given if I had been found by a noble or something along the lines of that.

By the time I finished they seemed especially surprised as I've licked the plate as clean like it's just been washed and my owner's father then questions and comments, "Fel ate everything? The plate looks completely clean..."
I seemed to have finished first so I sit still and behave some more, waiting for them to also finish their bowls of stew which have quite a lot now that I compare it to this plate's size.
They're taking a bit too long now that I think about it... I remember I'd still take at least half an hour to eat and chatting while eating of course slows things down a bit more even if it's stew which is fast and easy to eat.
Letting my curiosity take over I left the dining room and entered into the hallway but before I managed to get out my owner calls me back as she's worried I may do something bad, "Fel!... Wait! Don't go."
I sit to the side of the door waiting now and this surprises them again as I seemed to have listened to my owner coincidentally which then they discuss with each other about me once again but I'm not going to bother trying to listen in for now.
My owner quickly finishes her meal first as soon as possible before she would call me again as she walks through the hall and I follow along, "Fel, let's go!~" She ends up smiling again as she leads me out and head out of the house soon after.

2