Chapter 10 – Encounter
235 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Time in the area had slowed down to a crawl. The sensation of time no longer exists, only being exclusive to Alexia and Abbey's senses. The two of them meeting face to face for the very first time was unnerving for Alexia. Instinctively, she wanted to shout for help, but she knew that was a bad idea in the back of her mind. The better course of action would be to go with the flow. After all, Abbey intended to keep her within the area for as long as they needed.

 

"W-Well, nice to meet you, Abbey. How'd you meet, T-Teach?" The flow of her words was becoming hesitant out of the corner of her eye. She noticed time had all but stopped seeing a bird flying by stuck in the air. Beneath her feet, the ants were out and about crawling around. A limited area was unconflicted by whatever was occurring.

 

Abbey took a closer look at Alexia, in particular, still fixated on staring directly into her eyes. Before she started to speak again, the tension in the air began to thicken, with an unusual amount of energy beginning to manifest around Abbey. It was crimson in coloration, wicked with intent, yet felt calming in a few areas. This tension would vanish as quickly as it became apparent to Abbey that her energy was reacting to Alexia's. Alexia didn't know what was occurring, merely a cold sweat brushing down the side of her face.

 

"Ah… Yes, Little Rey was always ambitious. The poor boy has had it rough over the years. I see he's found quite the star." With the energy no longer enveloping her body, she carefully patted Alexia's head with a smile.

 

"I-I've been hearing a lot of people call me that recently," Alexia replied, still not sure how to escape this situation.

 

"Indeed… You're quite a treasure, Little star. You remind me of the butterfly in the land of the rising sun." Abbey reached into her dress pocket, taking out a chocolate bar. It wasn't melted and looked freshly made upon opening the wrapper for it.

 

"B-Butterfly?" Alexia asked but quickly was interrupted.

 

Immediately Abbey began to dig into the chocolate bar and eat. A cute cry of joy quickly being heard from Abbey as she ate the chocolate. The pleasure of chocolate pleasing her senses as she seemed to be enthralled by the candy. Alexia tried to take a few steps back while this was happening. Abbey quickly stopped her by grabbing hold of Alexia's shoulder.

 

"Ah~! The sweet taste of cocoa blended into a bar is quite refreshing~!" Abbey quickly turned Alexia back around to face her properly.

 

"Ahem… Alexandria Winchester…Age 18. Senior at Starlight Academy…And in the Captain slot of her Singularity team. Heh...Average grades, yet you aren't dumb but rather smart with how you portray yourself. "Abbey took her hands off Alexia and continued to eat the remainder of the chocolate bar.

 

"Ish that wright?" Abbey asked, continuing to speak with chocolate in her mouth.

 

"Mostly right," Alexia replied yet again.

 

"Alex…" A faint voice could be heard in the distance.

 

"Good. It's a shame, really; I'm happy for little Rey. Really, I am, but him keeping you as a secret is probably going to backfire. His eyes might see you in a different light than you might think, Little star." Abbey took a few steps back, finally eating the whole chocolate bar. Again she reached into her pocket and, this time, took out a lollipop. Where was she getting this candy from? Alexia wondered. Her pockets didn't seem like they had any indication of items being in them.

 

"You mean he thinks of using me as something else? Who are you really, Abbey?"

 

"There's that brain. Don't worry; we'll meet again if you ever make it to nationals, unlike little Rey. I'll show you the world if you can ever make it. Although, you've been lost to my radar for quite some time. A shame I only found you now, but this moment means a lot to me, my child." Abbey reached into her pocket again, and this time took out a card handing it to Alexia.

 

"Alexi…" Again the same distant voice, still faint, echoed across the parking lot, causing Alexia to take notice and glance around finally.

 

"Let's see what the future has in store for you. I look forward to seeing what you have to offer to our world. Oh and. Keep this between just the two of us. Be a smart girl, and enjoy yourself in those fights." Abbey informed.

 

Alexia took the card that was given to her, looking down at it. She realized it was a tarot card of some kind, specifically 'The Star.' Alexia knew she was being referred to a star all the time due to her powers, but honestly, it was more than just making stars. She was more proficient in it than any other element.

 

"Hey! Stop with the jok-" The moment Alexia glanced back up, Abbey was no longer there. Time had resumed normally. The tarot card was also no longer in her hand. All she could feel was the wind blowing through her hands.

 

"Alexia!" The same voice that echoed was now closer than ever before. The touch of a hand was directly placed on Alexia's shoulder. She turned around to see it was Reynolds.

 

"Hey! Are you okay? Have you been stuck in that same spot all this time I was inside? You could have sat in the van." Reynolds was clueless about what occurred to her.

 

"H-Hey, do you know anyone named Abbey? A red-haired woman was just talking to me?"

 

"Abbey? Doesn't ring a bell, sadly. I've not met any red-headed women apart from, I guess, Heidi in a way. But, you kids aren't exactly matured yet. We could see you from the window, Alexia. We didn't notice anyone out here." Reynolds did look a bit concerned despite seeming alright. In the back of his head, he was thinking hard on it. But, in the end, didn't know what Alexia was on about.

 

"N-No way. Surely, someone must have seen another woman with me, right?"

 

Reynolds glanced over at a few tiny cameras on the building's corners and one on a light pole within the parking lot.

 

"Tell you what; I'll just tell Caden to look over his surveillance footage. But really, no one but you was out here. It was only two whole minutes anyway, so even if someone were out here, we'd see them walk in and walk out." Reynolds got in the van and proceeded to turn it on.

 

"Perhaps I'm being overworked. I'm going crazy. Haha!" Alexia started to joke, but the moment she glanced upward at Reynolds, he only had a worrying look on his face. He was concerned with disbelief, a realization of what he might think has come to pass. His left hand was beginning to cover his face. Alexia was startled by this look; this wasn't the first time she's seen him like this, but clearly, she encountered something from his past.

 

A muffled voice was now coming from Reynolds. "Get in the van. I'll be taking you home." He let his hand go from his face a mere breath of air, leaving his vocal cords. He was returning to a more composed state as Alexia got into the back of the van.

 

The drive to return Alexia home underneath the setting sun was quiet. Tense for Reynolds yet unsettling for even Alexia to comprehend. The red woman known as Abbey was indeed an odd character among the many in the world. Of their little and relatively quick chat, Alexia garnered a brief introduction at a greater force in motion.

4