Chapter – 6 – A fine piece of luxury goods
900 4 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I cleared my throat.

 

"*Ahem* Before we fully head on out, Tah'Styr equip your robes already."

 

"*Sniff* Yeah, one moment please."

 

She quickly wipes away the tears that were streaking down her cheeks before opening her "book" [Menu].

 

After a bit she finds what she is looking for, and with a *Blip* her white robes appeared in her hands. She throws it over her head and proceeds to shimmy into the garments, giving Fahkir and I a nice dance show. How she avoids any of the cloth snagging on her tiara of horns is some form of magic I have no idea how to explain.

 

Just after 3 minutes of her shimming about, she finishes the dressing process by pulling up the jewel-lined hood and opaque harem veil. The only thing left uncovered are her prominent horns, and the upper part of her face revealing those cerulean gems she calls eyes. -God, I could get lost in those!-

 

What was once a slutty alien cowgirl ready to ride a stallion, has now turned into a demoness failing to covertly infiltrate a nun's cloister. Just about every piece of her outfit is pure white lined with gold. The only places that aren't either white or gold, is a length of fabric that covers from her lower back to end jest before the hem of her gold-trimmed white robes, and an elongated hexagon that goes from where her navel is all the way up her chest only to have the top part be covered by her shoulder cowl

 

"Great... now not only will we be assaulted by people looking for a nice piece of Tiefling ass, but also for a LOADED piece of Tiefling ass. You probably have enough gold, and jewels on you to buy ourselves a nice villa in a decently sized city."

 

Fahkir points out a fact while walking up to our cleric. She starts to inspect the robes without asking permission from Tah'Styr.

 

"I have to agree, with the bleach-white robes, polished Gold, and... GLOWING blue accents; she is not going to be able to stealth in any other environment, except maybe a dragon's hoard. Then again, I think I'm the only one here who would have any chance of stealthing, seeing as Miss iron-woman over here could probably light the beacons of Gondor with just the sun's reflection off her armor. Don't get me started on the Clip-clop of our bipedal horsey or the clanking of metal from you Fahkir. Stealth really isn't an option for the majority of our party"

 

Fahkir stopped her molestation of the textiles for a moment, then resumed after she formulated her response.

 

"Alright, fair point, I guess. Now that we are done gearing up we should probably head downhill from 'ere. Either we find a settlement tucked in a valley, or a coast that can lead us to a settlement tucked in a valley."

 

Upon being freed from her invasion of personal space; Tah'Styr trotted close behind me and, using her left hand, snatched a bit of loose fabric around my right bicep, just like a child afraid of getting lost in a Wal-Mart. Now she was invading MY personal space. I grunted as she accidentally pinched my arm in her attempt, but quickly refrained from reprimanding her, as I realized that she was still seeking security after the ordeal, and trying to find security in a person nearly 2 feet shorter than her was a fool's errand.

 

"I guess we’re taking the hobbit to Isengard."

 

My shitty joke brought a small chuckle from the cleric while the fighter gave a small glare from behind a visor. Antics and morale boosting aside, we took Fahkir's advice and started down the incline. Five minutes of walking down the hill led us to a well-worn dirt road that crossed perpendicular to our current heading. Judging based off the incline of the road we traveled down the path, and based off the position of the afternoon sun, going south.

 

After about an hour has passed since we left the clearing. Honestly, it was peaceful. The birds, and other forest critters, could still be heard, though they quickly fell silent as the loud clanking of Fahkir scared them away. The wind rustling leaves, and causing the trees to creak was a pleasant backdrop to the methodical sounds of a loud constant "Tss Tss" of a dwarf, a 1/2 constant "pit-pat" of a wood-elf, and the 1/4 constant "Clip-clop" of a Tielfing, who was the tallest of them all.

 

We weren't traveling fast and, as another half-hour went by, we finally caught sight of an approaching wagon. The wagon reminded me of those that were once found on the Oregon Trail being hauled off on a quest for a better life. That is where the direct comparisons ended. The driver looked as if he would be selling you a used nightstand, one once owned by his now deceased wife, at a yard sale; just as much as he could be selling you a bottle of snake oil said to enhance your virility, only to find out that it enhanced your chances of an early dirt nap. He was human, as far as I could tell, if there even were humans in this world. And the thing that could be called a donkey looked like it had a healthy diet of oats, with a double scoop of whey protein, and two shots of steroids. The thing was ripped, and looked like it was barely feeling the several tons of cargo it was hauling.

 

I flagged the flagged old man down.

 

"Yes? How may I help you fine folk? I see you don't have any supplies. Might I be able to sell some to you? I'll have you know that if anything were to happen to me very powerful people would take revenge."

 

I inwardly cringed at his comment. We should have put on our bags. Of course, he would think a bunch of armed and masked people stopping him were up to no good, especially if they look like they have no supplies of their own. In Myth-Land they were just cosmetic pieces everyone had already equipped when they finished character creation.

 

"Thanks for the advice, and no thank you, we are fine on supplies. We were actually wondering if there was a settlement down this road that was in need of sell-swords. Our leader sent us from camp to find contracts."...

Deception -6-

..."Hmmm, not sure how many O'Carón will hire, but you might find work there. Just a few more hours of travel before you'll see the City Heart... Rather unlucky for your lot that the war ended last month, then again it might be a boon for you, y'know with all the deserters, ohhoho!"

He looked pointedly at Tah'Styr for a moment, finally recognizing something. I could feel her shifting next to me, using my body as a shield from his gaze.

 

"Make sure you sell your wares quickly... Don't want to be caught with such luxury goods."

 

I nodded to him.

 

"Thank you for the advice, sir. We best leave you to your route. Farewell"

 

The dodgy driver clicked his tongue sending the hulk-donkey on a casual trot. When he was but a toy in the distance Fahkir voiced what we were wondering.

 

"The fuck he meant by, 'Luxury goods'?"

22