35. Flames
2.4k 14 71
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-----La’s POV-----

“Are you all ready?” Silvia asked Xi, Ra and Me with a smile. 

 

We were hiding behind some bushes near the entrance of the town. There were several piles of special rocks near us

 

“Yeah!” The three of us nodded vigorously.

 

“That’s good. We just need to wait for a bit.” Silvia nodded in satisfaction.

 

We are waiting here to ambush the bandits! As soon as they get close they will be showered by a rain of rocks!

 

There are several groups like ours hiding nearby. They consist of my sisters, Elise, Junko and some of the people from this town who volunteered to help.

 

The bandits have no chance of winning against us!

 

“Ugh… I wonder if Ru and Ya are okay…?” Ra looked really worried.

 

Ra always tries to act tough, but we all know that she’s such a worrywart! That and her diligent attitude makes her very adorable in my opinion!

 

I don’t think we have to worry too much about Ya and Ru though. If anything, I would say that it was overkill to send the two of them to kill the boss of the bandits.

 

Don’t misunderstand me, I’m also a bit worried… But I trust their abilities. I know that they will be just fine!

 

In fact, if Ru and Ya couldn’t handle that guy, Silvia would probably be really worried right now... The fact that she’s calm and smiling just shows me that they’ll do okay!

 

“Wanna go and help them? Ru will surely get very happy that you worry so much about him!” I said to Ra with a teasing tone.

 

“Of course I want to! But I have my own job to do…” She said while blushing.

 

“Hehehe! That diligent attitude of yours is one of your best qualities!” I said while patting the head of my younger sister.

 

“That’s right! Never change, Ra!” Xi joined in and hugged Ra from behind.

 

“Oi! We have to concentrate on this! Stop teasing me!” Ra pouted.

 

“But we are being serious here!” I said to Ra.

 

Silvia just looked at us and giggled.

 

“Umm… I’m not really sure if this is how you should be behaving when we are about to ambush the bandits…” A man with glasses and long blonde hair said with a pitiful tone.

 

Who was this guy again…? Hmmm… Ah! I remember now! He’s the local priest or something like that! I believe his name is Marcus!

 

Before we started planning  on how we were going to take care of the bandits, this guy made a big deal about Silvia and Ru for some reason… He was repeating the word “Heroes” over and over again… What’s up with that?

 

We had to kidnap him for a while and make Junko calm him down.

 

“Don’t worry too much about it. If anything, this will be a piece of cake with these ones here.” Silvia pointed at us.

 

Hehehe! If us siblings are together, there’s nothing that could stop us!

 

“It may not seem like it, but they are very strong. Besides, we have the advantage of numbers and Ru already told us that those guys are very weak.” Silvia spoke with an easygoing tone.

 

“No… There’s no way that they would be weak… We have been trying to find them for weeks… We hired mercenaries and adventurers and they never came back!” The priest shouted.

 

“It was most likely thanks to their boss. Ru told me that their boss used to be the captain of an order of knights. I don’t know about this country, but from where I’m from, knight captains are strong.” Silvia added while looking to the horizon.

 

I want to go to Silvia’s homeland someday! This town is really fun, so I can imagine Silvia’s homeland being a very incredible place!

 

“But…”

 

“You’re worrying too much, Father Marcus! Everything will be fine! You did all the things that the Goddess showed you in your dream, right? We will be victorious. Don’t worry!” Silvia grinned.

 

I then noticed something strange… My sisters also noticed it… A thunderous sound that indicated that something was approaching.

 

“They are coming!” I shouted.

 

Silvia’s expression turned serious. The priest was panicking a bit… 

 

“Everyone! Prepare yourselves! I will give the signal!” Silvia yelled.

 

Xi, Ra and I grabbed a bunch of the special rocks. The three of us got in position to throw them. Even the priest grabbed one when he managed to calm himself down. He didn’t seem too enthusiastic about our plan.

 

The thundering noise was now closer and closer…

 

Just a bit more…

 

It's almost close enough…

 

Just wait for a bit more…

 

“ATTACK!” Silvia yelled very loudly.

 

“Take this!” Ra yelled loudly.

 

“Eat this!” I shouted just as loud as Ra.

 

“You won’t be able to survive if I throw these rocks seriously!” Xi yelled even louder than all of us.

 

We all launched the rocks at the same time. The other groups also threw the rocks at the same time.

 

Yeah, for some reason, Silvia told us to scream things like that… It supposedly increases the speed of the thing you just launched.

 

The bandits were too slow to even realize what was going on… Several of them and their horses were hit by the rocks.

 

As soon as the rocks came into contact with their bodies, the rocks exploded and started to release some smoke from their insides…

 

Silvia’s magic is so cool!

 

“Neeeeeeeeeeeigh….!” One of the horses fell to the ground, launching its rider to the air. It also became an obstacle for the other horses.

 

“What the fuuuuuuuck…!” The guy who was sent flying shouted in surprise.

 

It didn’t take long for him to crash in front of us…

 

“Agh…” He groaned in pain as soon as he landed.

 

Multiple groans of pain could now be heard from the smoke screen behind that guy and his horse. The other bandits also had a small accident!

 

Xi suddenly stood up as soon as we saw the man landing.

 

“Dibs!” Xi shouted.

 

She ran towards the man at full speed and kicked his head. The man was launched to the air again…

 

I pity him… I was kicked once by Xi… Her kicks really really really hurt…

 

The man landed again on the ground… He was unconscious.

 

“Hehehe! That’s one! I’ll take care of the rest!” Xi yelled

 

“Let’s get going too!” Ra shouted before running towards our confused enemies.

 

“La, go ahead and take care of your sisters, kay? I will support you from here!” Silvia winked at me.

 

“Only if you let me touch your breasts!” I winked back. I also smiled at her.

 

Before you ask. No, I don’t like her. I mean, I do like her, but not the way I like Ru. I just like the feeling of touching those soft mountains!

 

I ran away to chase my sisters before hearing her answer.

 

Jeez… Those two are really fast!

 

I unsheathed my dagger and jumped into smoke.

 

Hmm? Can I see inside of the smoke? Nope! I can use my sense of smell and hearing to guide me towards my enemies!

 

Oh! Wa already killed one! Sheesh… She really likes to stab things in the face.

 

“What the fuck is going on!?” One of the bandits shouted in confusion. 

 

Too bad he didn’t see me coming! I stabbed him in the stomach.

 

“Oh! I got one! I wonder what human meat tastes like?” I said with a sadistic tone.

 

I’m just kidding! Ru told us that it tastes horrible… The bandit doesn’t need to know that, of course!

 

“H-heeelp! Aaaaagh!” The bandit screamed in pain. I had twisted my dagger while it was still in his stomach.

 

“I got 2 more!” Xi shouted with excitement.

 

Ah! At this rate Xi will win this competition… That’s unacceptable!

 

“Sorry! I can’t waste more time with you!” I said as I jumped towards his neck. I used my claws to cut it.

 

After that, I immediately retrieved my dagger and walked away towards my next target.

 

Ah, yeah the guy was choking with his own blood or something like that. I didn’t really pay attention to that part.

 

Sheesh! This is way too easy! Ru and Ya surely killed that guy before he could notice!


“Run, Ya!” I screamed loudly as I was crouching to dodge a fireball.

 

“Where!?” She also crouched to dodge another fireball.

 

“I don’t know! Just run!” I shouted as I dodged to the side… A fireball barely missed my head…

 

We have been in this predicament for the last five minutes… We can’t get close to that guy at all!

 

“Persistent pests! The arrogant fool was very annoyed that he couldn’t manage to hit us.

 

“Aaagh! So hot! It almost burned my hair!” Ya barely dodged another fireball…

 

“Shit!” I yelled… A fireball almost hit my right arm…

 

The ground around us was completely pitch black. The grass had been burned to a crisp thanks to the multiple fireballs that this guy has been launching.

 

Well… Although this may seem like a hopeless situation, it really isn’t. Using Mana Perception, I have been able to predict to an extent the trajectory of the fireballs.

 

Well, even though I can almost predict their trajectory, Ya and I have been able to dodge thanks to our instincts...

 

“You little…!” The guy got really annoyed… He suddenly stopped launching fireballs at us.

 

I have a bad feeling about this!

 

Trusting my bad feeling, I ran towards Ya and prepared for the worse.

 

She also seemed to be on guard… 

 

The fool then pointed the palms of his hands towards us and grinned.

 

“I was hoping to quickly exterminate you and then get away from ‘ere, but you two are really persistent… I will not hold back anymore! ENHANCE: MAGICAL ATTACK!” He shouted.

 

The palm of his hands now had a yellowish glow on them… A stream of fire was shot towards us…

 

I immediately raised my arms in order to block the attack.

 

“Goodbye pests!” The guy shouted just before the fire came into contact with us.

 

I smiled while watching the fire…

 

A bright shield of light protected both Ya and I from the stream of fire. The source of this shield was a simple grey bracelet given to me by Silvia.

 

(Fuck! I’m gonna kiss her a million times after I’m done with this guy!) I thought to myself.

 

This has not been a fun experience! Fucking fireballs!

 

“Ya, as soon as the stream of fire and the shield disappear, run for it and hit him with everything you got while he’s distracted.” I said to Ya with a serious expression.

 

Ya simply nodded and prepared her club.

 

I was watching the stream of fire that was still hitting the shield…

 

We need to end this in one blow...

 

“Hahaha! That’s all you got!? What a waste of my time and mana! That’s it, I’m out of this fucking country!” The fool yelled at us.

 

Finally, the stream of flames stopped… The shield also disappeared... When that happened, hot air hit my face…

 

The arrogant fool had turned around. He was walking away...

 

I looked over my shoulder and nodded to Ya.

 

We both started running as fast as we could towards the fool in front of us. Ya was running behind me.

 

As soon as we approached the guy, he turned around and swung his sword towards my neck… Both his longsword and my gladius collided.

 

“Fucking die already!” He shouted… He was pushing his blade against my gladius.

 

I just grinned in response. I also started to pushing him back.

 

This is it!

 

Ya used my back as a foothold and jumped in the air. She prepared to crack the skull of the guy in front of us. 

 

“Take this!” Ya shouted as she swung his club downwards. She was putting all of her weight into this attack.

 

The guy looked at me and then Ya in confusion…

 

This is our victory!

 

“Enhancement: Body of Steel!” He shouted.

 

Fuck…

 

“HAAAAAAAAAAH!” Ya shouted in anger.

 

The club quickly approached the head of the guy… The fool suddenly moved his head, making the wooden club hit his left shoulder.

 

“Agh!” The guy grunted in pain. His arm must have been dislocated by that attack.

 

Ya landed nearby… She was looking dissatisfied that her attack didn’t hit the mark.

 

This is my chance!

 

“WRAAAAA!” I roared as I used all of my strength to push back the longsword of the fool.

 

“...!” The guy looked at me in surprise…

 

I thought that he would push back, but contrary to my expectations, he allowed me to push his sword back… He had used that to jump back and gain some distance from us…

 

“Fucking hell… You two shitstains have done it now… Enhancement: Pain Resistance.” He looked incredibly pissed.

 

He buried his sword on the ground. He then used his now free arm to put his dislocated arm back in place.

 

“Fuck! This shit still hurts… You two are going to pay for this!” The guy was completely red in anger. 

 

He pointed the palms of his hands towards us.

 

“Ya!” I shouted as I raised my arms to defend us from the attack.

 

Ya instantly jumped behind me.

 

“I’m not holding back now! You two will become ashes this time!” A stream of flames was shot from his hands…

 

How much were you holding back!?

 

The light shield was deployed to protect us from the flames.

 

This time the flames seemed to have double the power than the last time…

 

“How could we miss that!? He was already dead!” Ya complained…

 

“The guy is better than I had imagined… Are all knight captains this strong!?” I also complained for a bit.

 

Not being able to use magic like that is so inconvenient! Bless Silvia and this bracelet…

 

“There’s still more, you fuckers! Enhancement: Magical attack!” He shouted.

 

The flames that collided with the shield grew in size... It was starting to push us back…

 

“Ru, what do we do now? I gave my all and it wasn’t enough…” Ya was stressed.

 

“Let me think…”

 

(Ru… Just think… What can you do to beat a guy who can use magic? What do you have to counter that?)

 

…!

 

That’s it!

 

“Ya, we will win this as soon as he runs out of mana or stamina! We have more stamina than a human, that’s our trump card!” I said to Ya.

 

Goblins will not be beaten when it comes to stamina!

 

This guy should be running out of power sooner rather than later… In that moment, we will be able to beat the shit out of him!

 

“Oh! I see!” Ya sounded very happy.

 

We just need to hold on and dodge everything… I will certainly make him pay for all he has done to me!

 

“What was that!? You think I’m done!? Five times the power! Enhancement: Magical attack! Enhancement: Magical attack! Enhancement: Magical attack! Enhancement: Magical attack! Enhancement: Magical attack!” The guy shouted.

 

The flames became gigantic… We were now being pushed back with intensity…

 

“Ru!? How much power do you think has left!?” Ya shouted in astonishment.

 

“I don’t know!” I shouted back.

 

“Fucking die! Don’t even leave ashes behind! Enhancement: Magical attack!” The flames grew even bigger.

 

The pressure against the shield grew until…

 

“Ru… The shield is cracking…” Ya pointed out.

 

She was right… Small cracks were appearing on the shield. It doesn’t seem like it will last much longer…

 

“Don’t worry, Ya! Silvia made this, it should resist until the guy runs out of mana! There’s possibly no way that he can maintain this for long!” I tried to calm both myself and Ya.

 

Even more cracks were appearing on the shield while we were being pushed back…

 

Please hold on… There’s no way that we will die just like this… I refuse to die like this!

 

“Grrr...” I grunted as we were being pushed back…

 

(Lady Electra, please grant me your strength…)

 

Ehh? Why did I think of Electra at a time like this? Huh!? What is this warm thing leaving my body… It is Mana... Mana is leaving my body!

 

“Ru? What did you do? The cracks are disappearing!” Ya shouted.

 

It was just as she said, the cracks were disappearing… My mana was being transferred into the bracelet.

 

The shield will hold!

 

“Fuck it! Just for safe measure! Enhancement: Magical attack! No more holding back!” He shouted.

 

The flames grew even bigger in size… The cracks on the shield were reappearing…

 

Holy fucking shit! How much were you holding back, you fucking dick!? I swear in Electra’s name that I will carve my name from Earth in your throat using my claws!

 

“I don’t know what I’m doing but don’t stop!” I shouted… It was working… Even more of my mana was being poured into the bracelet…

 

The cracks on the shield stopped growing…

 

“You can do it, Ru!” Ya immediately hugged me from behind.

 

“Enhancement: Magical attack!” The guy was being an even bigger asshole now…

 

I started to pour even more mana into the bracelet…

 

What is this…? I’m feeling a bit dizzy… I don’t think I can… Keep up… With this…

 

For some reason, I was about to faint…

 

“Hahahaha!” The dick that was making the flames started laughing.

 

“Ru! Don’t give up!” Ya encouraged me.

 

Right… If I faint here, we both die… I can’t allow that…

 

I gritted my teeth and gave my all to stay conscious.

 

<SYSTEM: The title “Relentless Defender” has been given to the user.>

 

The voice of the system suddenly resounded in my head… It helped me to stay conscious.

 

“Hahaha! I’m gonna pee on your graves, you fucking…! Guhaaaa!” The asshole suddenly screamed in pain.

 

We were no longer being pushed back…

 

The enormous sea of flames that was relentlessly trying to consume us, suddenly stopped…

 

“Haa…” I was panting heavily… The shield crumbled just a few seconds after the fire stopped…

 

“I knew you could do it! Thank you, Ru!” Ya was happy that we were still alive…

 

“Where’s that fucking asshole… Haaah…” I started looking for that guy…

 

I then noticed that the guy was on the ground… His head was bleeding a little. He was looking with anger at a woman who was standing proudly in front of him while holding a cane on her right hand…

 

“No way… Lara!?” I yelled in surprise.

 

Red hair arranged in a braid that is resting on her left shoulder, big breasts that threaten to slip out from her white nightgown… She's a 1.90 meters tall woman as usual… She also has some well defined muscles…

 

“Ah…” Ya was looking pale when she noticed Lara(?).

 

Huh…? 

 

No, I don’t think that’s right… I remember that Lara was at least 1.64… She didn’t have any muscles… She was a thin girl...

 

 

 

...

 

This woman is not Lara… But they really look alike… Her facial features are the same though… Maybe it is her older sister? She never told me if she had siblings, so it is a possibility…

 

We will have time for that later… Right now, it is time to beat the shit out of an asshole.

 

“Ya, let’s kill that bastard!” I said while forgetting about my fatigue.

 

“Right...” She nodded.

 

The two of us grabbed our weapons and ran towards Lara’s older sister and the asshole that almost killed us.

 

“What’s cooking good looking?” Lara’s older sister immediately said to me. She smiled seductively.

 

“Nice to meet you. Lara didn’t mention that she had an older sister. Thank you very much for your help…”

 

We would have been cooked to death if it wasn’t for her help…

 

“Don’t mention it! Thanks for the compliment but I’m not really her…-” She was interrupted by the blade of the asshole on the ground.

 

Lara’s older sister used the cane to block the sword… The asshole was struggling to push her back.

 

“Teleport!” The guy shouted… He suddenly disappeared and reappeared a few meters away from us…

 

What the fuck!? He can also use that!? That’s so unfair!

 

“You fucking little shits are still alive… You really piss me off… I’m gonna murder all of you and get the fuck outta of this country!” He seemed a bit… Out of his mind…?

 

The older sister of Lara suddenly started stretching…

 

“Phew… It has been awhile since I last was in a foursome. Do you mind if I take the lead?” She had a very seductive smile on her face.

 

“Okay then.” I nodded.

 

“Thank you! You’re a gentleman!” She smiled warmly.

 

“I want to break his legs!” Ya joined the conversation.

 

“Then I’ll take the arms.” Lara’s older sister nodded to herself.

 

“I’ll take his throat…”

 

I will carve my fucking name on his throat. Just you wait.

 

“Then, I’ll start!” Lara’s older sister ran towards the guy with her cane on her hand… She was going to hit him hard.

 

She’s so fast!

 

“Ya!” I nodded at my sister.

 

“Yeah!” She nodded back.

 

We also ran towards the guy.

 

The asshole raised his longswords and started swinging it wildly towards Lara’s older sister.

 

“Oh! You’re pretty good! For how long have you been a swordsman?” SHe said with a wild smile on her face.

 

“Fuck you!” Fuck all of you! Just die!” The asshole was looking a little bit pale.

 

“To think you could fight like this even while you’ve exhausted almost all of your mana! Remarkable!” Lara’s older sister said while blocking the longsword of the asshole in front of her with her wooden cane.

 

We were getting closer to the guy.

 

We quickly surrounded the fucking asshole. His longsword was still clashing with the cane of Lara’s older sister.

 

I immediately rushed at him… I was going to stab him in the back with my gladius.

 

“Fuck off already!” He shouted. He turned around and swung his sword… He was trying to decapitate me again…

 

I blocked his attack with my gladius. I even pushed him back.

 

“Die!” He shouted while pointing his free hand towards my face.

 

Oh no…

 

His hand was suddenly moved… It was now pointing towards the sky… From his hands, a stream of flames came out…

 

I looked at the one who saved me… It was Lara’s older sister… She had hit the asshole’s arm from below with her cane. She grinned and smiled at me.

 

“My turn!” Ya shouted as she swung her club towards the asshole in front of us.

 

“Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!” The asshole was shouting in anger.. He managed to block the wooden club of Ya.

 

“Don’t forget about me!” Lara’s older sister swung her cane… She managed to hit the guy in the leg.

 

“Ugh! Fucking bitch!” He yelled while turning around. He tried to stab Lara’s older sister but she easily blocked his attempts with her cane.

 

“Ha! I’ve been called worse!” She grinned while blocking the attacks of the desperate asshole.

 

I then took the opportunity to stab him on the back with my gladius… The blade sank deep into his flesh.

 

“Fuuuck!” He screamed in pain.

 

He tried to turn around and stab me back but… He wasn’t quick enough.

 

“The third time's the charm!” Ya said after jumping and swinging her club.

 

Ya’s attack connected… She had hit the guy in the head with all of her strength… Naturally, the force of the attack sent the asshole flying a few meters.

 

After a second, it finally landed at least 10 meters away from us.

 

“Hahaha! Well done! Bandits have gotten really strong these days huh?” Lara’s older sister said with an easygoing tone.

 

“I think I saw a bone come out of his neck when Ya hit him…” I said.

 

There's no way that he survived that… I will still carve my former name in his throat though…

 

Fuck… All of this trouble for a single bandit… I’m so tired…

 

I guess the magic of that dead asshole was the reason that Arrat told me to bring more people here… Huh… How weird that Silvia and the others have not come here yet… Oh well!

 

“Hehehe! What do you think, Ru!?” Ya looked extremely happy that she gave the killing blow.

 

<SYSTEM: You have leveled up!>

 

At least I got something out of this horrible experience…

 

“You’re pretty good, Ya! Let’s have a friendly sparring later! Here, have some candy!” Lara’s older sister said happily.

 

She immediately gave some candy to Ya.

 

 

 

 

What about me? I would like some candy too...

 

“Thank you Granny Mara!” Ya said happily.

 

What? What did she just say? Granny Mara… Oi oi! There’s simply no way that she’s Granny Mara!

 

“...!”

 

Before I could even say something, everything started to get blurry again… I was no longer able to keep myself standing…

 

Everything then turned black for me after that...

71