64. Date with Suika (Part 3)
1.1k 14 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Oh! I want that one over there!” Suika said with excitement while she inspected the goods of another store. She pointed at a strange looking mushroom.

 

I just nodded while smiling bitterly.

 

After Suika and I had left the ice cream store of Yarou, Farou, Falna and Hana, we decided to take a stroll all around the commercial district. It took me a while to get over the fact that I already knew the Ten Roses.

 

In the last two hours, we have visited at least 17 stores...

 

We bought clothing, cooking ingredients, medicine, books and even some day to day life utility items.

 

We are currently at a store that sells rare ingredients for alchemy. Suika was really overjoyed that we found this store.

“You certainly have a good eye, missy.” A kind human old man smiled warmly at the two of us.

 

“You have no idea for how long I have been struggling to get my hands on these mushrooms! The Albeni Shrooms really have some outrageous qualities and are practically the ultimate ingredient for potion making!” Suika spoke with sparkling eyes while holding one of the mushrooms.

 

“You’re very knowledgeable, missy.” The old man nodded while still keeping his warm smile. “Although they are such a powerful ingredient, it is such a difficult task to even find them. I have been truly blessed that I had some good contacts in the Adventurer’s Guild.” The old man smiled bitterly.

 

“I’ll take two dozen of these!” Suika said to the old man with a grin.

 

“That will be 40 Yutz, missy.”

 

I immediately pulled some coins from my pouch and I placed them on the counter.

 

“Thank you very much, my boy.” The old man smiled and bowed to me before putting all of the requested Albeni Shrooms in a wooden box.

 

Suika received the bag with a grin and sparkling eyes, she immediately started rubbing her cheek lovingly against the bag.

 

“Hehehe! I will be able to make so many potions now!” Suika was ecstatic. “100.000 points…” She muttered very softly.

 

Hmm? How many points do I have now? I’m not really quite sure… I stopped counting after the third store we visited.

 

“Thank you very much mister! I will certainly return for more ingredients!” Suika bowed to the old man and then ran happily towards the exit.

 

That left the old man and I alone in the store.

 

“A very energetic and passionate girl, it seems.” The old man smiled at me.

 

I nodded.

 

“You have no idea.” I smiled bitterly.

 

Suika has a lot of passions… Magic, potion making, medicine making, spell making, tailoring, reading, writing and even fencing…

 

“A girl with that kind of passion must be treasured.” The old man smiled and then closed his eyes.

 

He was napping when we first entered the store…

 

I just smiled and nodded at his advice before leaving the store.

 

When I went outside, to the busy streets of the commercial district of Alorari, Suika was waiting for me there.

 

“I think I finally found my favourite store!” Suika was still overjoyed.

 

“Well, I’ll certainly bring you here again on our next date.” I said with a teasing tone.

 

“Promise it!” Suika’s eyes had an alluring yet menacing glow on them.

 

“I promise…” I smiled awkwardly thanks to the strange pressure of her eyes.

 

“That’s good! Well, what do you want to do now? We could always go to check more stores!” Suika said with excitement.

 

I immediately trembled at the thought of visiting another seventeen stores… It is not that I’m tired, but I do feel kinda hungry and Suika’s shopping has left my dear money pouch a bit empty…

 

“I was thinking about going to a restaurant or maybe buying from a stall and finding somewhere quiet to talk and relax for a bit.” I suggested.

 

“That’s a good plan as well. My stomach was already feeling kinda empty. Do you want to grab a beer while we are at it?” She had a cheeky expression.

 

“That sounds good. Yeah, let’s do that!” I immediately agreed.

 

My body really needs a cold beer to regain some mental energy thanks to Suika’s shopping spree…

 

“Give me a second. I want to store these mushrooms since they are very valuable and I don’t want to lose them.” Suika nodded to herself.

 

She suddenly extended her right arm, using his left hand to hold the bag which contained the mushrooms over her right hand. As soon as she did that, a simple ring with a ruby in its center that she was wearing on her pinky, emitted a weak crimson glow… In an instant, the bag disappeared completely.

 

“I’m done! Let’s get going!” Suika smiled at me and started walking.

 

“Even though I have already seen it a lot of times today, that ring won’t cease to amaze me.” I looked at her ring before I started walking to catch up with her.

 

Suika showed me the power of her ring at the first store we went to. That ring is a magic tool called: “[Dimensional Ring]”. It apparently uses the mana of the user to send objects to a separate dimension in which time doesn’t exist. The ring has a storage limit of 1,000 kilograms.

 

Suika stored all the things we bought today in there.

 

“It is a shame that there’s a shortage of these rings as of late. But, I think Airi could easily manage to make an even better one for you. Collecting the materials for them is a pain though…” Suika smiled bitterly as she slowed down to match my speed.

 

“I can understand why there’s a shortage... Being able to carry a ton of anything is obviously very convenient.” I nodded to myself.

 

“Right! Although, I don’t necessarily think that you would need a ring. Airi is an expert Space Magician, she made that dimension for her Castle alone, right? I really need the ring since I’m a terrible Spatial Magician…” She had a cute facial expression on her face before averting her gaze.

 

“Well, we all have things that we are good and not so good at.” I said while looking at the crowded streets just ahead of us.

 

“It is also comforting to know that it doesn't only apply to us, but to gods as well.” Suika said with an understanding expression before falling deep in thought. She was walking with her eyes closed.

 

We walked in silence until Suika spoke once again.

 

“So? What are you bad at, Ru?” Suika asked with a grin.

 

That’s a tough question…

 

“If it was on Earth, I would definitely say: Learning and making genuine connections with other people.” I said while rubbing my chin.

 

Math is definitely my weakness...

 

“What about  in this world?” Suika asked with a curious expression.

 

“Hmmm… I will have to say that my annoying ability to lose consciousness...” I smiled bitterly

 

“Oh, so that means that learning and making genuine connections are not your weaknesses anymore?” She asked with a teasing smile

 

“Learning something in this world is actually very fun. I can actually use what I learn instead of memorizing something in a book. And about making genuine connections…-” I was interrupted.

 

“I understand that! Although most advanced magic does require memorizing a lot of things from books, it is still pretty fun. Ru, you don’t really need to put into words something that you already display with your actions, you know?” Suika winked at me.

 

At that moment, just before I could say something back to her, we found ourselves at the entrance of a bar.

 

“You know, this is the kind of conversation that we need to have while drinking!” Suika winked at me again before running inside.

 

I just smiled thanks to the cute and energetic mousekin before going into the bar after her.

 

The insides of the bar were… Interesting? 

 

There were several hunting trophies hanging on the walls of the bar. Things like skulls with 4 pairs of horns, the paw of a liger and the dissected body of a large wolf. 

 

The bar was filled with a rough looking crowd of both men and women. Tall, burly and muscular are the words I would use to describe the customers of this bar.

 

The tallest person in here was the bartender, a muscular human woman who appeared to be in her late thirties…

 

The crowd immediately stopped talking and laughing to look at the two people out of place… Suika and I.

 

Suika and I didn’t really care in the slightest, but I prepared myself to use my claws, just in case…

 

If they want to start some shit, they might end up like the guys that attacked me in Rose’s inn.

 

“Oh gods… It’s really him…” I heard someone whispering.

 

“Don’t anger him if you want to keep your manhood!” A female voice shouted with amusement.

 

The gazes of everyone were focused on me… I immediately noticed how most of the men in the room covered their previous jewels.

 

I immediately relaxed when I realized that these guys were not going to attack me.

 

“Oh! There’s a nice table!” Suika pointed at one table near the corner of the bar.

 

The table was a bit far away from the bar and the bartender, but it seemed just like the right place to have a conversation.

 

Suika and I immediately walked towards the table and took a seat.

 

“The atmosphere of this bar is very cool!” Suika looked very pleased.

 

“Is that so?” I smiled bitterly while still watching the scared crowd that was looking at us…

 

“Yeah! I really liked these types of bars back on Earth! This one really makes me feel nostalgic!” Suika smiled warmly.

 

She looked really cute while doing so.

 

“Anyway, let’s not delay this any further and let’s start getting drunk! Oi! Bartender! Bring us your meal of the day and two cold mugs of ale!” Suika shouted with all her might.

 

The muscular bartender nodded and started working on our order.

 

Suika stretched while looking very excited.

 

...

 

“Suika, I don’t think I ever asked this, but why did you decide to stay with us or to try to become an adventurer with us?” I asked a question that randomly came to my mind.

 

“I think it should be obvious, but let’s just say that I felt a bit lonely.” She smiled bitterly.

 

Her expression for some reason reminded me of Silvia.

 

“I made a lot of good friends in this world, but due to me wandering around, I couldn’t see them much. Yeah, I had Nozomi with me, but I always felt that something was missing.” Suika looked at the table with a blank expression.

 

She then raised her head and looked at the ceiling.

 

“You could say that I really missed my students. I really missed the hectic mornings provoked by Airi and Tomoko that always gave me headaches. I missed watching Sae training every day after class. I missed a lot teasing Airi about her stature… Sigh…  I didn’t realize this until I was reincarnated here, but after their graduation, nothing was the same for me… Life just became dull and boring until I died.” Suika had a very nostalgic expression.

 

Suika stopped talking for a second… It took her a moment to compose herself.

 

“I decided to stay with all of you, because of them. I wanted to revive those days when I was their teacher…” Suika closed her eyes and smiled. “I’m really glad that I found them. Truly... Meeting them again has been nothing but a blessing for me.” Suika smiled.

 

Her precious smile seemed to be able to communicate how happy she actually was to find her students.

 

I couldn’t help it but to smile at her.

 

“Silvia, Tomoko and Sae would be really happy to hear that.” I kept smiling at her.

 

“Hahaha! I cannot tell them that now. Airi would surely start teasing me about missing her so much to the point of crying. Jeez, I cannot even tell you how much I missed her childish attitude.” Suika kept smiling warmly.

 

“Well, what else can I say except welcome aboard. I do hope you tell them that some day.” I nodded to myself.

 

“Thank you! But, you know…” Suika’s expression suddenly changed… “They are currently not the only reason why I decided to stay with your group.” Suika had a seductive smile on her face.

 

She had placed her hand on top of my own.

 

“I know the date is not over yet, but I don’t think I need to keep evaluating you. I must say that I’m very impressed.” She nodded to herself.  “Ru, in my previous life, I had a lot of horrible and messy dates with a lot of assholes and men who believed they could ‘conquer’ me. Because of that, I developed a small little game of my own that helped me find red flags and whether or not my date and I were compatible.” Suika was holding my hand tightly.

 

“So that's why you were muttering to yourself all of the points I got?” I asked while looking at Suika.

 

“Ehh? You heard me…?” Suika looked very embarrassed. Her flustered expression was very adorable. For a moment, she reminded me of Nozomi.

 

As expected of the mother of the cute little creature Nozomi!

 

“Ahem! Yeah, I was evaluating your actions with points!” She tried to make it seem like she wasn’t flustered... “Ru, I think you and I are very compatible, so… I would really like having more dates with you…” Suika got flustered again.

 

She was holding my hand very tightly.

 

“Of course. Let’s have more dates.” I nodded vigorously.

 

I had a lot of fun with Suika today. I really wanna repeat this. I also should invite all of my wives on a date…

 

I’m getting really excited!

 

“Hehehe! I’m glad that we’re on the same page!” Suika giggled. “I’m also glad he’s not mad about the points system…” She whispered to herself very softly.

 

“Should I get mad about it?” I tilted my head in a theatrical way while trying to tease her.

 

“Ah… I forgot again how powerful the sense of hearing of goblins is… It is such a fucking cheat…” Suika got flustered and pouted.

 

“Don’t worry, I don’t really feel angry about it. If anything, it makes me feel more confident, you know?” I smiled at her.

 

“Damn… You really are my type… I would prefer it if you were taller than me though, but I guess it doesn’t really matter that much.” Suika started trying to tease me.

 

“Well, I apparently gained the right to evolve again, so let’s see how that goes.” I said playfully.

 

Before Suika could try to tease me about my height again, the bartender arrived with our food and drinks.

 

“Please don’t start some shit today. I already have enough having to serve these idiots, so I would appreciate not having to clean piss and blood.” The bartender didn’t seem very amused about her clients being scared of me.

 

“We are just here to have a good time, so don’t worry.” I tried to reassure her.

 

“It is already a good time for me though!” Suika smiled warmly while holding her mug.

 

Her cute smile almost made me melt inside…

 

“Your meal and drinks are on the house. Those morons you beat at the Crescent Moon had a large tab, so I was considering sending someone to beat them up. Since you did me that small favour, your meal will be on me.” The bartender showed us a grin before returning back to the counter.

 

I made eye contact with some of the guys in the crowd… They immediately shivered as soon as they noticed my gaze.

 

“Ru, let’s toast!” Suika raised her mug while still holding my hand.

 

“Alright!” I nodded with excitement.

 

I grabbed my own mug and raised it.

 

“For reunions and for us!” Suika said while grinning from ear to ear.

 

“For reunions and for us!” I smiled back.

 

Our mugs crashed against each other, splashing the two of us with cold ale. The two of us immediately started drinking the tasty liquor.

 --------------------------------------------------

“Hic… Ru… Pay me attention…” Suika was having hiccups.

 

I was supporting Suika, while we walked back towards the Crescent Moon Inn. Suika is absolutely hammered. It is a miracle that she hasn’t lost consciousness yet.

 

We were in that bar for several hours. At first, we had our meal and we were drinking lightly. We talked a lot about what we wanted to do on our future dates. 

 

Then we started drinking a bit more…

 

I remember that’s the point where the crowd actually stopped fearing me. Suika and I were dancing and singing to our hearts’ content while the crowd was cheering on us.

 

You know, having those guys having fun and laughing with us made the experience even more fun.

 

Then we started drinking heavily…

 

A very tall and burly man and a muscular woman challenged Suika and I to a drinking contest.

 

Since Ale doesn’t really do much to me for some reason, I didn’t have any problem winning the drinking challenge.

 

Suika competed against the tall and burly man and won… Yep, she outdrank a very tall and very burly man.

 

Then the drinking started getting out of control…

 

Several people started entering the bar when they heard about the merry atmosphere and well… A fight broke out…

 

That was five minutes ago. 

 

I was not in the mood to get in trouble with the kind barkeeper, so I decided to leave with Suika who was already barely keeping herself standing.

 

At least it is not that late. By my estimations, it should be dinner time right now.

 

“Ru… Am I cute?” She asked with a grin. Her cheeks were completely red…

 

“Yep, you’re very cute.” I nodded.

 

“Hehehe!” She giggled. “How cute am I…?”  She asked with sparkling eyes.

 

“You’re one of the cutest things I have ever seen.” I said with confidence.

 

“So embarrassing!” Suika tried to make her look upset but she was grinning from ear to ear.

 

Apparently Suika’s personality changes when she drinks. Well, it is not a total change, but she acts more accordingly to her appearance. She really likes to be called cute, unlike the sober Suika.

 

“Ru… Let’s go back! I want to have more fun!” Suika tried to turn around but she was too drunk to do so.

 

“Let's go and have dinner first. It will be my treat.” I smiled bitterly.

 

“You’re soooo sweet with me...! I like you sooooo much…!” Suika said happily.

 

After a few minutes of Suika's drunken desires for compliments and continuing with the party at the bar, the Crescent Moon Inn was finally within my sights.

 

“Ru… I’m tired…” Suika said with a sleepy expression.

 

“Okay, let’s rest a bit.” I nodded.

 

I sat her down against the wall of a house. I immediately sat by her side.

 

“Ru…” She looked me straight into my eyes.

 

“Yeah?” I replied.

 

“Thank you for such a fun time…! Hihihihi…!” She giggled before wrapping her arms around my neck.

 

Suika then leaned against me and stole a kiss from me.

 

“That’s your reward for calling me cute!” She said with excitement before hugging me tightly.

 

Yeah, Suika is so cute!

 

“So, if I call you cute again, you might give me another one?” I asked.

 

There was no response. I could hear Suika’s soft breathing while she was using my shoulder as her pillow. She had quickly fallen asleep.

 

Jeez…

 

It was really a fun night. I hope I can have the same amount of fun with everyone when I have my dates with them...

 

Heya! New Chapter! I hope you're all feeling good today! I wish I could have written more for this chapter but I have to get up at 5 am for work, so... Anyway, the date with Suika has finally ended! I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Please don't forget to join the discord! https://discord.gg/uH6APbzrFR

31