Chapter 3: Troublesome Girl
597 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On my fifth day in this world, I concentrate on leveling-up my 2 minions.  The spent 2 whole days in killing animals. As I don't want them to be wounded, they only chase after harmless animals. Some of the killed animals become our food. 

Consequently, my female minion rises to Level 5 and the male minion rises to Level 8.

I also understand a few things about this world. In the woods, the large trees look like rain forest in Asia while the meadow reminds me of European land. The weather is not hot. Even when the sun is visible, it is not hot. The dead bandits' physical appearance resemble westerners.

Maybe I am transferred to a world with medieval European setting. Nevertheless, I need to meet more humans to confirm on that matter.

"Stay back !!" A voice of shouting man echoes from the forest. My minions look at me, expecting my command.

"I will just check it out. Don't show ourselves."

I, followed by them, sneak into the woods, hide behind tree barks, go from tree to tree until we reach the origin of that voice.

A middle-aged man with two boys are being surrounded by five wolves. The boys are holding knives behind the man, who is swaying his small axe. 

I gave cue to my minions to keep quiet with index finger. It appears that gesture is even understood by summoned beings. That's convenient as I barely have to educate them on anything.

We continue our observation. The man repels 3 wolves that jump towards them by widely swinging his axe, scratching their bodies. Two wolves jump and he somehow hit a wolf but another one bite his left hand.

"Aaargh!!" He punch it with another hand, while the wounded hand still holds the axe. 

The boys behind him were just shouting helplessly. The situation is pessimistic. As they are going to die, it's better for us to abandon this place as soon as possible. 

I slowly crouch my way to a tree further away from the scene.

I reach the other tree but the two minions still remain there. What the hell are they doing? 

I throw a little stone to the male minion, he is nonchalantly scratching the bark with his weapon. After being hit by that stone, he stop dozing and look at me. I gave eye signal for him to follow me. He crouches his way to me. There is another one. Contrary to the nonchalant guy, my female is watching the dangerous incident seriously. I look at the direction she is looking at.

The wounded man kicks and swings his axe to chase wolves away but a wolf bite his right leg.

"Arrghh!"

"Dad !!!" The boys yell and hit the wolf. The wolf retreat. They are still being surrounded. The man is wounded and he fails to gravely injure any wolf.

My female minion furrows her eyebrows. I look at my male minion, his face is worryingly telling me, "We better stop her."

She rises from squatting, holds her sword. This is bad!

She jumps over a root towards the scene. We ran and hold her. But she struggles to escape.

"Hei, stop it. Do you want to get me killed." I whispered.

"But master. They are in trouble. If we don't help..." She spoke loudly. My male minion who is grabbing her legs, sighs.

The wolves turn towards us.

"Fight me, wolves!" She shouts as we helplessly release her. She changes into fighting pose. We have no choice to get ready.

As the weakest member, I quickly retreat to position behind my minions. 

"Protect me!!!!" I yell as the wolves dash towards us. My male minion evades their attacks by crouching to the ground, before rolling away from them. The wolves accidentally crash among themselves.

My female minion take the opportunity to stab the heads of two wolves before backing off. I clumsily run to her side. She step to my front. 

"Come here, you foolish wolves!" 

"Please don't invite them.." I mutter while move to her back.

The 4 wolves jump at us but she dash into the space between them and stabs a wolf at its head. I  fall on the ground and crawl away. Luckily, the wolves turn their attention to her. My male minion is no where to be seen.

Before the wolves move, she dash to them and kick a wolf. Other wolves simultaneously back off but she stab a dazed wolf on its head. She kills 4 wolves by herself, but the remaining two wolves are becoming agitated. 

Out of sudden, my male minion jumps behind the wolves and slashes them using his sickle. The wolves are badly wounded but they jump at him. He evades by crouching and make a vertical slash to a wolf. It collapses. Another wolf tries to bite him but he fend it off with his sickle. The wolf pushes him to the ground. His right hand is holding the weapon. His left hand grabs its left and pull it away from him. He slashes the fallen beast several times until it stops moving. All wolves are dead.

"Are you guys all right?" The family rush to us, helping us to stand up.

"Don't worry about us. How about your injury." I glare angrily at her when she is worried about them over her master.

"Oh, not deep enough. Thanks for helping us. If is not for you, we are dead." The man said while bowing. The three of them have dark brown hair and pointing noses. They look like westerner.

Meanwhile, she looks proud after thanked by them. 

I am really about my future if she continues with such defiant attitude. I also wonder why my male minion follow command easily and she doesn't. Does it have anything to do with my choices before I summoned them. 

Come to think about it, the male minion was 'sneaky' and she, on the others hand, was 'honourable'. Probably, honourable minion defies command.

Damn. What a waste. It is a lesson learnt. Next time, I won't summon another 'honourable' minion.

"Anyway, where do you come from?" He look at me and my female minion awkwardly while the boys distant themselves from us and stand beside my male minion instead.

"You don't look like someone from this area." He added while looking at the both of us.

As I am pondering his question, I look at my female minion. 

She is a beauty but her long hair is pitch black like mine. She resembles Japanese, Chinese or Korean supermodel. 

Oh, I get it. Contrary to my male minion, my female minion and I don't look like westerners. 

"Ehem. We are actually travelers from another part of this world. We got lost and end up in this forest." I bluffs my way out of the awkwardness.

"I see. How about you stay at our house for while. We wrongly travel too far from our place."

"Thank you. I also want to know more about this world,... ehem, more about this area." 

We then follow them to their place which takes 2 days from here.

6