Knock out
70 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Here is Chapter 2. I have mapped out an overall plot-line of the story. Now I am debating on how much details should I write.


The first thing Riley felt was warmth. She was lying in a comfortable bed as she peeks up at the grey ceiling. I must be in a hotel room, Riley thought as she starts to feel the room spin with a throbbing headache. What time is it? I need to go.

A wave of nausea hits her as she tries to roll towards the edge of the bed, but a pair of muscular arms is currently wrapping up around her.

Wait-

Peeling her eyes open. Riley staring at strong hairy arms wrapped around her. She could feel the heat radiating off the body behind her. It felt comfortable and sobering. Slowly, she replaced her body with a pillow, trying not to arouse the person away. The dark blond hair man just snuggled with the pillow closer with a gleeful expression. He has a nice muscular frame that suits his strong features. He is gorgeous and deadly. There is no doubt that if a battle occurs, he would win.

But as soon as she left the comfortable space a huge painful throbbed appear in her head and stop her from admiring the man she hooked up with last night. It is nighttime and her high was definitely gone, replacing with the feeling of headache and nausea.  

Riley walks into the washroom taking a big gulp of water from the sink as she splashes her face.

One-night stands huh. Riley reflected.

She could not believe she could end up in the situation. But it was the first time she did something risky in this world. Riley sigh only to feel the aching muscle in her lower region.

AH, IT HURTS!

Riley hunches over shaking in pain onto the sink while it was running. After waiting for a minute the pain subsides and she shuts off the water.

Let's leave and not make things complicated. 

Riley quietly dress and slid out of the room into the night.

 

Riley greeted the dark-haired woman as she walks into the door of a house. She had left Gartsum and drove over to one of the places she stayed from time to time. It was a nice small house in a suburban area.

"Good morning. I just woke up. You just got back at this time? Really?" the dark-haired woman name Ashley peered at Riley from the kitchen while finishing drinking water from her glass.

Riley just shrugs at Ashley.

"Been partying all this time? You know we gotta hit the road today" Ashley yawns while washing her glass.

Riley asks her if she wants to leave at the moment.

"What you want to go now? You know it is Saturday," Ashley cocked her eyebrow at Riley.

Riley told Ashley she could nap in the car.

"Someone is eager. Too bad you aren't an actual witch. Travelling would be so much faster" Ashley sighed, "You got everything right?"

Riley nodded and pulled out Ashley's favourite treat. It was a toasted coconut chocolate bar.

"And I love you," Ashley happily accepted the chocolate.

Ashley and Riley got into the car and decide to travel northwest away from Gartsum. Riley was visiting Ashley, a witch she befriended and met a year ago. Ashley was a young and curious witch and had found Riley in the middle of the wood after detecting a burst of magic. She was fascinated by Riley and the world that she came from. With the human being the only species and how they have advanced technology. Ashley would like to travel to Riley's world, which became the main motivation for helping Riley to find ways to get home.

This world full of fairy tale monsters. Werewolves, vampire, witches, spirits and rarely ghost. Riley thought about the novel she read many years ago. Ashley was a character in the novel, she only briefly mentions as a younger sister to the famous Midnight witch. The Midnight witch was very popular and had a reputation for creating the best quality potion. Ashley was very competitive in outshining her sister and runs a company that create potions for healing. However, in the story, the Midnight witch was mourning for Ashley's death, which the cause was unknown and was closed for services. The main character would have to convince her with a unique technology that they have taken from the mad scientist in the laboratory for the Midnight witch to create a fake poison that temporarily renders the person dead. The novel was clearly a rip of Romeo and Juliet but with Romeo being a werewolf and Juliet a vampire. And a lot of X-rated scenes.

 

It took half a day before they reach their destination which is called Rainbow Falls. This is where the water spirits resided.

They painstakingly climb the falls. Even though Ashley was a witch, she was deathly afraid of heights. She could not imagine having her feet off the ground. After knowing Ashley for a year, Riley was curious how Ashley was surviving. Everything was a death trap for Ashley. Cooking? The house got set on fire. Cleaning the house? Somehow she ended up trap under a pile of books. One time Riley brought donuts during her visit. Ashley caught a whiff of the donuts and go so excited and knocked herself out mid-jump when she leaps out of her front door. It was an awkward scene because Riley had to drag her body back into the house before anyone caught the scene. Riley could only think that her healing potion was the life source for Ashley and made sure she always carries bottles with her at all times.

Climbing up to the falls was two times more work with the clumsy witch. She would do silly tricks, try to gather herbs and somehow pissed of a group of squirrels that chased both of them for a while.

 

Eventually, they reached a cave of spirits. Approaching closer a spirit pop up

"Stop! Why have you come here?" It was a male guard stood at the entrance. The water spirits represent the mermaid with the lower half having fins. They have human features and are very intelligent creatures. They control the flow of the water and could flood the land with their power. However, they tend to live in isolation away from their habitat. In the novel, the female vampire would often seek out wisdom from the water spirit.

" I am here to deliver something for the water spirit, Auroro" Ashley spoke.

The guard swam into the cave while they both waited. After a while, he came out and welcome Ashley and Riley into the cave behind the waterfall. A female spirit approaches. She was beautiful and enchanting

"Hello, what brings you today?" Auroro greeted them.

"Greeting Auroro, May the water flow within you. We have brought the Amulet of Dreams that you were seeking," Ashley spoke.

Riley presented the necklace to Auroro. It was an item she acquires while she was in the city of Gartsum. The Amulet allows the person to be able to have access to the other person's dream. It was stolen from Auroro a few months back.

"My family long lost treasure! It has been gone for so long! I cannot express my gratitude. I never thought to this day I would never lay my eyes upon this in this lifetime," Auroro cried tears of joy. Wiping her tears with her fin she smiled at the duo, " Good. As promised here is the Water Spirit Stone as promised."

 

After getting onto a familiar street, they were minutes away from Ashley's home.

"There are intruders in the house," Ashley spoke. Riley slowed down the car and parked near the house

 "What should we do? It is two werewolves! It is probably rogues looking for goods," Ashley nervously shook.

Could this be how she dies?

Riley grabs Ashley's hand and comforts her, holding out her hands she asks for a wolf-bane potion bomb.

Ashley reached into her pocket and pull out a red-shaped orb. It glows ominously in the night. She pulled out a purple potion as well and jester Riley to take it.

"It is a scentless potion."

Riley complied and drank the potion. After quickly chugging the bitter potion down her throat. Riley grimaced and pulls out grabbing a baseball bat from a hidden spot in the car. Riley told Ashley to wait in the car and left.

Creeping around the house to the back. She heard the chatting from the front of the house. Near her room. Taking a peek in her room she saw a silhouette of a red-headed male in her room. He is currently going through her cabinet. She saw the back door was slightly ajar and she slowly crept in. Riley grabbed a pebble from the yard.

The door was connected to the kitchen and she hid behind the island. Trying to assess the situation. Sounds can be heard coming from her room.

"Hey, I don't think the owners are coming back tonight. Let's go before they find out," it was from the red-headed male voice.

"Shut it." A deep husky angry growled back, "Not until we can find something"

Figures... They haven't found the witch's den. 

Ashley's den has a secret door that could only accessible to those who receive an invite. Unless it is a high-ranking witch, intruders would not find it.

Slowly she walked down the hallway. Creeping closer

That is until a loud rustling is heard outside. It was continued by a thud that could be heard in the back. Riley mentally groans at the thought of Ashley.

"Someone is out there!" The red hair male hissed. Both males entered the kitchen cautiously while sniffing the air, "it is coming from the back yard"

"Wait here, I'll figure it out" The blond hair male declared. He was bigger than the red-headed.

Oh no, you don't.

With the pebble she grabbed earlier she threw it at the glass that was on the shelf behind them. The glass shattered. When both turn to the noise. Riley covered her face and threw the bomb straight between them.

This should take any ordinary wolf out.

The red male was closer to the explosion went down quickly and collapse onto the cold kitchen tile. He had taken the brunt of the wolfbane and shielded the other person. However, the blond-haired male was affected nonetheless, clutching the counter beside him. His head turns in her direction. His eyes connected with hers. Hazel with brown. A shocking look appears on his face as if he recognizes who she is.

Not taking any chances. 

Riley swung the bat at the side of his head. Effectively knocking him out with a thump.

With the men laid out on each other, Riley registers the familiarity of the blond-haired man.

He is the one from my one-night stand! Riley felt guilty with that thought. Shit, I probably brought him here with my scent.


Him: She is just a knockout.

Riley: ...

Him: I mean she knock me out with that first meeting. How else did I sleep so well?

Riley eyes twitches while giving him the look.

Him: In our second meeting, she still takes my breath. I'd say she is very talented.

Riley: !!!

0