Chapter 28
983 0 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

                After the class, Naruto and I headed to a shinobi supply store. We walked in silence for a few minutes before reaching there. Once there, we headed inside and took a look around. There were weapons of all kinds on the walls. There were chains, wires, and such on the baskets on the ground. And a dark green desk before a muscular, long man. He looked at us and smiled, “Hello kids. Welcome. You can call me Higurashi. So, how can I help you? I hope you know we don’t sell real weapons to non-shinobi.” I nodded and took out the fuins I prepared. There were twenty-three of them in a bundle. Higurashi look at them curiously and asked, “What are they?”

                I gave him one of them. “I call these Special Explosion Fuin. They create a limited explosion then a fireball in a rather big area.”

                He nodded and took a look at it seemingly giving all his focus on it. “This is good.” He said.

                I smiled at him, “Are you willing to buy it from me?”

                “Yes. This is good work but I can’t pay too much for an explosion fuin since it’s consumable. So… how about 2500 yen a piece?” He said while looking at me seriously.

                I heard Naruto gasp. I turned to him. “How is 2500 yen apiece Naruto? How many bowls of ramen would it buy?”

                Naruto count with his finger for a while then said, “A lot!”

I chuckled at that and turned to Higurashi. “Deal. Before you give me the money, could I buy any fuins as an academy student?”

Higurashi shook his head, “Academy students can’t buy fuins. Even if they are capable of making them. You need special permission or someone with the clearance to buy it.”

I nodded, “Is there anything I could buy? Dulled kunai maybe, hm?” Higurashi shook his head. “Well, at least I can get the money.” Higurashi chuckled and gave me the money. That made me 57500 yen richer. I turned to Naruto and held his arm. “Let’s go.”

After we were out of the weapon store, I let Naruto lead me to Ichiraku’s Ramen. ‘Naruto hypes it a lot in the anime. If it’s half as good as Naruto says, I am sure I will be a regular customer.’

Ichiraku’s was a small stall with a few stools. We sat on a stool each and turned to a middle-aged man with an apron. He smiled at Naruto and said, “I see you brought a friend this time.”

Naruto grinned, “Yes! Arata will treat me to ramen! Ramen!”

Ichiraku chuckled and turned to me. “I hope you know how much he eats.”

I shook my head. “It doesn’t matter. We have a deal with him.” I turned to pouting Naruto and smiled, “I will only treat eight bowls of ramen. Though before I do it. How much a bowl of ramen here?”

“It’s only 200 Yen, nothing much.” I nodded. “Naruto, the same?” Naruto nodded some Ichiraku turned to me. “What will you eat?”

“Same as Naruto but one bowl for now.” Ichiraku nodded and went behind. That left me with Naruto alone. “So, Naruto. What did you do to piss Iruka-sensei off today?”

Naruto grimaced. “I didn’t do anything! Maybe, I pranked a chunin a little bad. But he called me demon!”

I sighed. “He deserved it then.” Naruto nodded sagely. “So, what did you do?”

Naruto grinned. “I dropped on his head a water balloon filled with pink dye.”

I frowned. “How did you managed to hit him? He is a chunin after all.”

“He was looking at a woman. He didn’t even notice me. Hehe.” He gulped and continued, “After the balloon hit him he found me and started chasing me. But I didn’t let him catch me. I put chakra to my legs and ran away for a while. Then I found a dark alley and hid. But Iruka-sensei found me easily. I don’t know how.” He finished muttering.

‘Should I tell him? No, it’s good that a gets caught. If he somehow finds a way to counter Iruka’s technique it would irk Iruka a lot. Making Iruka angry isn’t a smart thing to do. Making Iruka angry, hm…’ “Naruto, did you say Iruka why you did it?” Naruto nodded. “What did you say?”

Naruto sighed. “He didn’t say anything but he got really angry. He held my shirt and carried me to the academy.”

“Here you are. Eight pork ramen for Naruto and one pork ramen for Arata.” Ichiraku said while putting the bowls on the table.

I took the chopsticks in my hands and without waiting further, started eating. It was good. Not great enough to justify Naruto’s fixation but good still. I finished in a few minutes but didn’t ask for a second. Naruto, on the other hand, devoured his bowls. While watching him, I got an idea. ‘Should I learn how to cook? They might have buffs and together with my inventory, I would be ready for anything. But that would mean just another thing to grind.’ I sighed, “I don’t have time for it.”

“Look at him, how serious.” I turned to the voice but before I can see the owner, I felt my cheeks being pinched. ‘I can’t believe I let someone pinch my cheeks. What is next? A lullaby?’ “He is even more adorable now.” She continued to pinch my cheeks.

“Take your hands away woman! Or you will have to marry me.”

The pretty girl I guessed to be Ayame chuckled, “I don’t mind marrying a boy as adorable as you.” She said and tried to pinch my cheeks again.

I jumped back and took a defensive stance. I looked at Ayame’s shocked face and declared, “You took the virginity of my cheeks. You will take responsibility.”

Ayame looked lost. She muttered something ineligible, then said, “I am sorry. I didn’t know your cheeks were that important for you. I will take responsibility. Tell me what to do.”

I smiled and got closer to her. “Come closer.” She did. I climbed to a stool to get to her height then pinched her cheeks, hard.

She flinched while I gave her my laugh of vengeance.

23