Chapter 29
971 1 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

                After the Ichiraku, we split up with Naruto, I headed to the orphanage. On my way, I started using Observe. ‘It’s a sin that I let Observe stay at level 2 for this long. I must work on it.’ Before I reach the orphanage, I got a level up. Then used it on a random passerby.

                Daisuke Ichirou

o   Rep: 0

o   HP: 100

o   CP: 1000

o   Allegiance: Self/Konoha

               

                ‘Allegiance will be very useful when dealing with spies. I wonder a spy with sufficient skill bypass this function?’ I shook my head. “I hope not.”

                I reached the orphanage in a few minutes. There, I saw the kids that are returning. One of them was Sara. I thought about talking to her but thought better of it. I passed by Rena and started walking to my room. There, I started working on fuins.

                I worked for a few minutes before someone knocked on the door. I was surprised since Hana never knocked on the door and no one else came to my room. I put the papers strewn around in order, and said, “Come in.” The door parted and there were Hana and a man with a tiger mask.

                Hana came inside and looked at me in such a way that her happiness was obvious. Why, though I didn’t know. She cleared her throat and pointed at the masked individual, “Anbu-san is here to take you to Hokage-sama.” I looked at her, surprised. She must have seen it in my face since she added, “It’s because of your explosion fuin. Someone wants to make you their apprentice.”

                I frowned, “Who?”

                Hana shook her head. “Just go with Anbu-san and you will see.”

                I nodded, “Okay. A minute.” I quickly took the stack of fuin and put it inside my storage fuin in case I don’t come back to the orphanage. Since I started, I took my clothes and other supplies too. When I was finished, the storage scroll was full.

                I looked up to see Hana looking at me oddly. “Arata, it’s the fuin Itachi-san gave you isn’t it?” I nodded, she continued, “Make sure to thank him for it later.”

                ‘It seems it’s not a standard storage fuin.’ I nodded again, “Okay.” I put the storage fuin in my pocket and turned to Anbu, “Let’s go.” He nodded and put his hand on my shoulder. Suddenly scenery changed and I found myself on my knees, doing my best not to vomit. Thankfully, it didn’t take long and I was standing on my feet in a few seconds. After that, Anbu led me inside a corridor and knocked on Hokage’s door.

                “Come in.” I heard a voice from inside. Anbu got in and I followed. Inside was a big man with white hair together with Hokage. Hokage smiled at me and said, “Good, you are here.” I walked in front of the desk and used Observe on the white-haired man.

                Jiraia the Super Pervert

o   Rep: 15

o   HP: 2200

o   CP: 500000

o   Allegiance: Self/Konoha

 

                ‘Damn. What kind of monster is he?’ The man smirked at me and said, “So you are the kid I heard so many things about. Do you know who I am?”

                “Pervert.” I blurted out accidentally. I felt sick. ‘How am I going to explain how I know about him? I am fucked.’

                Jiraia chuckled. “You are half right kid. I am a pervert true, but I am Super Pervert!” I sighed. ‘He didn’t ask.’ Jiraia gave me a once-over and added, “You must have heard it from someone. Don’t worry kid, I don’t mind people calling me pervert since…”

                “You are a pervert?”

                “I am Super Pervert!”

                I nodded and turned to amused-looking Hokage. He smiled at me and said, “Arata, we have a proposition for you.”

                “What is it, Hokage-sama?”

                Hokage gestured at Jiraia, “Jiraia here is my student. You might have heard the legendary sannin.” I nodded slowly. He continued, “He is the best fuin master Konoha has. He can teach you more than anyone here.”

                “You mean to say, he intends to teach me, isn’t that right?” Hokage nodded. “When? After academy or weekends?”

                Hokage shook his head. Jiraia interjected, “You see, I am a busy man. Always traveling all around elemental countries. I have responsibilities that require me to do that. So if I am going to teach you, you will have to come with me.”

                I looked at Jiraia blankly. I coughed after a second and asked, “What about the academy?”

                Jiraia shrugged, “You can continue going to the academy after I thought you enough that you can improve yourself without me.”

                I nodded, “When are we going?”

                Jiraia chuckled. “Now.”

                I sighed, “Okay. I am ready.”

                “Good,” Jiraia said and held my shoulder.

                “Wai-“ Before I could tell him to stop, I found myself before a big gate. There were two shinobi checking people coming and going. Jiraia started walking towards the gate, so I followed him.

When we got closer to the line, Jiraia and I went along it without waiting and came in front of the shinobi duo. They looked at Jiraia once, then at me. One of them stopped us and asked, “Do you have the papers Jiraia-sama?” Jiraia nodded and gave the man a scroll. After checking the scroll he gave it back then said, “Good luck with your mission Jiraia-sama, kid.”

With a quick thanks, we were out of the gates. Jiraia walked for a while without saying anything. He then suddenly turned to me. “So, kid. I heard you are friends with Naruto kid.” ‘Checking up on your godson eh? I can do something I guess.’

“I can’t really say. We spend time together but know each other for only a few weeks. So I can’t say either way.” I said, shaking my head.

Jiraia nodded, “So, how is he?”

I tilted my head then said, “I guess he is lonely. We practice taijutsu together but he always has this grim outlook you know. Even though it isn’t obvious it’s there. Ah, I wish he had a family member or someone close in his life.” I looked at Jiraia with a sigh, who was looking at me oddly.

After a few seconds, Jiraia lifted me in a fireman carry and started running fast enough that I didn’t even hear my own screams.

23