Chapter 30
989 0 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jiraia ran for what felt like a few days then stopped inside a forest. He dropped me on the ground like a sack of rice and said, “Kid. Before we get in, I have several things I need to inform you of.” He made a sign and with a poof, he looked less like himself and more like me. He continued, “For this trip, I am your father, Genki.” I tilted my head, he answered my unasked question, “I can’t tell you why exactly but I need you to act like it. Can you do that?” I nodded. He nodded back, “Good.” He then held my hand and started walking. After a few minutes, we heard a voice further inside the forest. Jiraia made a stop gesture with his hand and took off. I, on the other hand, plopped down on the ground and started waiting.

I waited for a few minutes before I saw a bloody Genki(Jiraia) with three people. A man, a woman, and a little girl, though she was definitely bigger than me. I stood up quickly and yelled, “Father! What happened to you?”

Genki sighed, “Nothing, kid.” He raised his arms. “See, I am good.” I nodded he gestured to the people with him and said, “I found these people having a problem, so I helped them out.”

I nodded and made my best-excited face, “You are great, father! I can’t wait to be like you!”

Genki chuckled, “Just wait a bit and you will be like me in no time. After all, I am your old man.”

“You are not old Genki-san.” The girl said with stars in her eyes. ‘What the? Does she have a crush on my old man?’ She took a deep breath and continued, “You were great! They all attacked you but you were like a blur they didn’t even see you coming!”

I chuckled, “You saw it too right? My dad is awesome!” She nodded quickly.

Genki chuckled, “Now, now. Don’t praise me so much or it might get inside my head.” He said to the girl then turned to me. He then continued, “Now before we continue I want you to meet with the people we will be walking towards the city with.” He pointed to the man, “This is Soichiro. He… is a construction worker.” ‘What was the pause about? Let’s see. Observe.’

                Soichiro Ichimon

o   Rep: 5

o   HP: 250

o   CP: 1000

o   Allegiance: Self/ Satou

               

‘Who is Satou? Does Jiraia know about it?’ I frowned minutely but I stopped as soon as I noticed it. I smiled instead and nodded, “Nice to meet ya!”

“Now, now. Arata what did I told you about being polite.” Jiraia reprimanded me, half-serious.

I sighed, “Pleash to make your acquaintance Soichiro-san.”

Soichiro nodded, smiling. “You too, little man.” ‘He called me a man, yay!’

Then Jiraia motioned to the woman. “This is Soraru, Soichiro’s wife and this little girl’s mother.” He finished by gesturing at the girl. I turned back to the woman and used Observe again.

                Soraru Ichimon

o   Rep: 15

o   HP: 100

o   CP: 800

o   Allegiance: Self/Soichiro

               

                ‘So, Soraru doesn’t have anything to do with whatever his husband does.’ I smiled at her and said the same thing I told her husband. She just nodded.

                Genki then gestured to the little girl. “Little girl, why don’t you introduce yourself to my son?”

                I shot Genki an amused look but before I could say anything, the girl introduced herself. “Hello, Arata, I am Saru.”

                I nodded. ‘Just a nod. See how cool I am. Should I hn for once? Nah.’

                Genki clapped. “Now that the introductions are done with, let’s go. If we start now and walk a little fast, we can reach the city before sunset.”

                Soichiro nodded. “You are right, Genki-san. Soraru, Saru, let’s go.”

                We started walking towards the city. While walking, I saw Soichiro getting closer to Genki and got closer to them. When he was walking beside Genki, Soichiro asked, “So, Genki-san. You know my occupation. What is yours? You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to. I am just asking.”

                Genki nodded, “I am an ex-samurai. I worked for fire daimyo but I quit when Arata came about.” He looked at Soichiro’s eyes and continued, “I didn’t want to orphan my kid, I am sure you can understand the importance of safety.”

                Soichiro gulped minutely and nodded, “Yeah. I am the same in that I don’t want to risk my family by risking my life.” He said but it was rather obvious it was forced. Though if he did notice, he didn’t show. He then continued, “So, since you don’t work for daimyo anymore, what is your job?”

                Genki sighed, “Nothing. I am looking to become guard to some noble but one look at my empty hands and they don’t want to take me in.”

                Soichiro frowned. “What do you mean by empty hands?”

                Genki raised his hands. “You must have noticed. No?” Genki shook his head sadly and continued, “After I quit working to daimyo I couldn’t find a job, so I had to part with my sword. I shouldn’t have.”

                Soichiro nodded, seemingly finding something good if his face is anything to go by. He got closer to Genki and started whispering something. I couldn’t hear it without making it obvious I was listening. After a while, Genki turned to me and squeezed his fists, seemingly angry at himself for something. ‘Damn Jiraia, you rock!’ I pushed down the smile, even though no one but Genki was looking at me. I tilted my head. “Father something wrong?”

                Genki shook his head. “Nothing, little man. I was just thinking about a job offer. Good thing, I think I found a job.”

                I smiled. ‘So, Soichiro offered Jiraia a job with Satou. That makes it easier. I wonder what does he do?’ I shook my head a little then said, “It's great, father! Can we eat ramen later?”

                Genki nodded sadly. “You can eat all the ramen in the world little man. All of it.”

                I smiled and continued walking while skipping happily.

 

22