Chapter 5
1.8k 0 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

                It turns out depleting most of my CP is enough to increase CHA. After the tenth cycle which is the twentieth for CHA, a screen popped up.

                You gained 1 CHA.

 

                ‘If it’s this easy to increase my CHA, then I won’t be needing to put my Points on it. It might get harder though. Then I will have to use my Points, maybe even a Skill Point.’ I sighed continuing my push-ups.

                You gained 1 Endurance.

 

                I grinned wide. ‘This is going great. Only if I knew Observe… Why don’t I learn it? It should come with the package.’ I held one of the leaves and whispered. “Observe.” Then there was a window.

                Leaf

                Leaf from a tree.

 

                You learned a new Skill: Observe

 

                Observe Level 1/80

                By using Observe, you can learn details about the objects or living beings you use it on. Higher the level, the higher the details.

 

                ‘Great, another thing to grind.’ I quickly started using observe on everything around me. Since the room was mostly bare, it didn’t take long. ‘Not even a level huh. I will make sure to grind this at the academy. Now it’s time to stick leaf.’

                I put the leaf on my forehead and waited for two seconds. Then another screen popped up.

                Leaf Sticking Exercise is Leveled by 1.

               

‘Success. Now I can use Leaf Sticking for three seconds.’

                After the level up, I continued my cycles and in the morning, I had managed to increase following.

                You gained 3 Strength.

 

                You gained 1 Endurance.

 

                You gained 1 CHA.

               

                Leaf Sticking Exercise is Leveled by 1.

                I quickly took shower and wore my clothes. Then I made my way to the dining hall. There, I ate my breakfast quickly and headed to the academy.

                ‘I have an hour before class begins. What should I do? I still have very low Dexterity and Speed. I should work on them. I can increase my Dexterity by doing complex things with my hand in the class so I should work on my Speed.’

                I reached to the academy in a few minutes. I walked to the backyard hands in pockets, looking around, and using Observe on the kids. In the backyard, I started sprinting back and forth, as fast as I can manage. After three sprints I got the first increase.

                You gained 1 Speed.

 

                I didn’t stop though, I continued running till the time for the class. When I sat on the desk, I was ready to sleep and recover, but I forced myself to stay awake since classes were good for my Intelligence and Wisdom.

                I looked around and found Sasuke. Quickly, I used Observe on him.

                Uchiha Sasuke

                Rep: 20

 

                Observe is Leveled by 1.

 

                I used Observe on him again.

                Uchiha Sasuke

o   Rep: 20

o   HP: 100

o   CP: 1350

                ‘Wow. Look at his CP. Sasuke is really a monster.’

                “Alright class, quiet.” I turned to Iruka and started listening. He started talking about Konoha’s establishment and first Hokage. I listened all the while doing cycles between Leaf Sticking and coin bumping. Thanks to that I got:

               

                You gained 1 Dexterity.

 

                Leaf Sticking Exercise is Leveled by 1.

               

After the history lesson, Iruka took us out for another bout of taijutsu. Pairs were still the same, so it was no wonder I was looking at grinning Naruto. ‘If he is grinning like that, it means he has a plan. That’s bad. Good thing I got another quest.

                Quest Alert!

 

                Win the spar.

                You are paired with Naruto for a taijutsu spar. Win the spar and show everybody you know how to punch.

                Success

o   +50 Experience

o   +5 Rep with Class 101.

                Failure

o   +10 Experience

o   -10 Rep with Class 101.

 

                ‘Rep award got lower. That means I won’t be maxing kids’ rep with taijutsu spars alone.’ I sighed and looked back at Naruto. He was still grinning but I opted to ignore it and took my fighting stance.

                “Begin!”

                With the start, Naruto launched towards me like a cannon, fist forward. I threw myself at the side quickly and with some luck, avoided Naruto’s charge. Naruto slid when he passed by me, trying to stop but he failed spectacularly.

                “Arata wins by ring-out.”

                “But sensei, he didn’t even touch me!”

                “Maybe, but the rule stands. If you are out, you are out.” Naruto folded his arms and started pouting. I caught him murmuring something like ‘stupid rules’ and such.

                Since I won the match, I gained another 50 experience which was enough to push me to level 1.

                Your Level Increased to 1

                You gained 5 Stat Points

 

                ‘This means I now have 50 more Chakra to play with. Status.’

 

Name

Arata

 

 

Age

6

 

 

Level

1

 

 

Experience

0/200

 

 

HP

30

 

 

CP

60

 

 

Control

3.5%

 

 

 

 

 

 

CHA

13

 

 

CC.

3.5

 

 

Strength

7

 

 

Endurance

3

 

 

Dexterity

2

 

 

Speed

2

 

 

Intelligence

10

 

 

Wisdom

10

 

 

Stat Points

5

 

 

AFFINITY

 

 

Lightning

50%

 

 

                My stats are rising nicely. Now that I have 60 CP, my effective CP is 2.1. Meaning I can hold Leaf Sticking Exercise for 25 seconds now. More CP, faster improvement. I can finally see myself having perfect Control.

                “Hey, Arata.”

I turned to the voice. It was Naruto. “What is it?” I asked putting my hands in my pocket.

Naruto scratched the back of his neck and asked “Wanna play after academy?”

I tilted my head. ‘Where did that come from?’ I shook my head.

“You don’t want? Okay, I understand.” Naruto said while looking down.

I held Naruto’s arm. “Wait.” He looked at me with some hope. “I need a training partner to improve my Academy Style. Do you want to be it?”

Naruto nodded with a big grin. Then frowned. “But no out of the ring rule.”

I smiled. “That’s fine. Just don’t be too rough okay?”

Naruto nodded seriously. I nodded back and started watching other matches. The fourth match after me was between Choji and Sasuke. As soon as Iruka gave the signal, Sasuke dashed towards Choji with blinding speed and kicked his chest. While Choji was trying to balance himself, Sasuke punched him in the face and Choji was out like lights. “He’s on another level. Sigh. I have a long way to go.”

27