Book 1: Act I Scene 43 Heart Scale
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Scene 43

 

Heart Scale

 

Vast city surrounded by black and gray metal buildings, Mages walking by between them made the city look like it's same as any other city. Some of the stands such as food stands, merchandise stands, and equipment stores tried to blend in beside them. However, in each stores, stands, and buildings, there were guards wearing chain mail looking well armed men in every angle. But that wasn't the case now, every guards gathered all together and stood around the Mages who wore mask that has heart drawn in it in the middle. The mild wind started to blow harder to make a atmosphere tense. The forty third scene will cover the group called Heart Scale.

 

With sudden movement, Kiiri acted hastily to appear above them. Nobody noticed her because of the lack of presence and aura. While she was in the air she accumulated mana into her both hands and pointed downward. As soon as her hands were pointing down, great amount of electricity strike down making the impact between the outlaws and the Mage. The electricity glittered blinding those who are closed to her Finally, as it hit the ground, it destroyed the concrete ground. Destroyed concrete pieces spread out to pierce the Mage along with the outlaws. Luckily, there was Kyondame in front of them. She cast a magic to summon the magical circle. Magical circle wrapped her arms instantly turning her arm turned into huge purple beast arm and blocked all the pieces. Her purple arm was so sturdy that the pieces of concrete ground fell right where it was when it made a contact.

 

On the different perspective, Mages with the masks jumped backward to dodge the pieces. When they safely landed on the ground, they scanned one who blocked it, which was Kyondame. One who was holding the mask exposing his half of his face, made a fist breaking the mask by force with his hand.

 

"Long blonde hair, no hat, being able to transform their body into one of the body part from Nether World, you are not Mage are you? Although, I can't sense your aura, I can tell."

 

"Oh? Interesting. I have heard of you too, third rate group called Heart Scale. Mages who wear masks that have heart symbols on them."

 

Kyondame tried to tease them to make them off guard, but they stood still, not doing anything. They were just waiting for one in the middle to give them orders.

 

"Hah, now that I know, you are no longer trashes, you are our enemies."

 

One in the middle who broke the mask was named Klustov Grundell. He had fire red hair that only came to his half of his neck. But front side of his hair was long, almost covering his sharp green eyes. He was in height of 195cm, being the tallest in the city. He was wearing white overall just like other Heart Scale members. He added more to wrap up what he was saying.

 

"You know trashes like outlaws can be recycled and turn a new leaf, but Hellbeasts? You Hellbeasts killed thousands of Mages, innocent ones too and you came over to Erlias by breaking the law of your own side? You guys are just monsters, beasts, who want to get in our way to ruin the peace in the world."

 

Right when he finished his sentence, something passed by so fast, Grundell barely noticed. He tilted other side out of instinct thinking it was attack. One who just passed by was Polie. In the scene, he was wielding long katana. Front side of the blade was dyed in color of blood red and back side was dyed in azure blue. The handle was wrapped with green creature's leather, creatures that could only existed in the World of Mage. Unfortunately, his beautiful color dimmed by the dark sky. As the dark blue sky trying to dye in black, he looked up into the dark clouds floating around and counted.

 

"One, two, three."

 

When Polie counted to three, several cut marks started appearing first on his face and down to his body. With cut marks on him, he could move like nothing happened. He then started to talk to himself as he tried to pull out his katana of his own. But this time, his act was intercepted by dozens of vines. When his eyes followed where the vines were coming from, he saw Lavuj. Her hands turned into thick vines dividing to branches of thin vines along the way ending up wrapping him.

 

"Hmm, vines, interesting, that would mean you control roots of any environment living organism. Most likely plants and trees. How rare attribute. I would be glad to let you join my group, but sadly, you have to go."

 

Grundell mumbles.

 

"Fias! (Incinerate!)"

 

At that moment, long flame surrounded his body top to bottom incinerating everything. The flame's movements were like tamed snakes strolling slowly around his body. With no second to lose, when the vines were crisped and turned into black dust, Kiiri raised his arm holding a dagger to attack front to front. As the dagger was closing in to his side, electricity she accumulated transferred to covered the dagger making electrified dagger. She was fast, but he saw it coming. He could see the thousand of images turning to see what kind of situations would happen beforehand. However, Polie approached side way to slash him and Veron approached on the other side trying to narrow down the chance of dodging. But then two Mage with the heart masks appeared in each side blocking their katanas with their katanas.

 

"Why you trashes like you fight along side of Hellbeasts? Even you lowly beings should know what they have done to us."

 

"Don't really care. I approached them because I knew they were Hellbeasts in the first place."

 

All the Hellbeasts were startled when they heard what he was saying.

 

"Hellbeasts, but we have same quality. We are wild We crawl to go against who we face. That is why I have no problem with working with Hellbeasts."

Grundell just shook his head with disappointment and gave out a loud sigh. But what he was doing weren't for them, he was doing toward his group.

 

"Yare, yare, I see you guys have some formidable friend here."

 

Sanction*

 

The sudden wind dragged most of the guards and Mage with masks. Hugh finially finished healing through his mana. He was able to stand straight to make a battle stance. And when they were dragged to his side, he put both of his hands on the ground.

 

Grestion nes Cleria (Stone under the feather)*

 

In an instance, Mages who were dragged into the wind, they were dorced to collapse on the ground as if they were hit by something heavy objects. The pressure was so strong they couldn't stand up.

 

Heins dell Gruassa (Pain in Wind)*

 

This time dozens of magical circles dyed in color of azure appeared under each Mage and wind was summoned moving in particular pattern. Next thing, they knew they were scattered by the winds. Their bodies were all cut up bleeding leaving them severe injuries.

 

"Oya, oya? you sure are strong, we brought A ranks and B ranks, mostly and you just sabotaged most of them just like that."

 

In the area, there were only five Mages with heart masks. Guards were all caught up in the wind and injured and rest of the Mages in heart masks were cut up in the wind pressing against the ground.

 

Seeing how he did to his group within a second. As he tried to take a step forward to approach him, long sharp ice that had a shape of a fang appeared out of the ground. He quickly stepped backward to prevent from getting injured, but he wasn't fast enough, it grazed him making a small cut line on his cheek.

"Five Mages, all of them probably A ranks or S ranks, we probably have the disadvantage, but there are chances left in this fight. It is not one sided battle."

 

However, two Mages who were clashing katana to katana pushed them away to knock them out. However, one other appeared behind without Ai noticing. The Mage with the mask grabbed her head high up with just one hand and opened his mouth and strong male voice came out.

 

"Are ya sure, kid? Are you sure you are not just acting cool and calm assuming things ahead by yourself?"

0