Chapter 6: Cooperation part 1
235 3 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As soon as the scientist done talking, the 3 kids start looking at the badly injured boy. One of them said.

" I'm sorry, but the test only allowed 4 person to enter. Seeing you all badly injured, I don't think you can keep up with us."

"What's the test?"I said

"The test is cooperation remember. Didn't your system say anything about it? After a few minutes, the metal door is going to open. Each of us will have to pick a partner to battle. Since they're 5 people here, we have to get rid of one to continue."he said sounding annoyed.

"I mean, we can leave him here until they make more of us and he can wait for them." The girl next to the boy said.

"We can't do that remember. They can kill all of us if we don't do what they say. There a tiny bomb in our neck. Besides, they already tell us to kill him. Might as well kill him since his energy is at 10% and damage." The boy behind the girl siting down closing his eyes.

"Well I'm sorry, but you have to die so we can pass." The boy in the middle said while walking slowly towards the injured boy.

"Bu......but I... don't want to die!" He yelled while backing away from the crazy boy.

The injured boy drop down and start to turn his hand into a gun. But the crazy boy didn't stop. He shoots his gun and it didn't hit him. He was so fast that he dodge the bullet.

"Don't worry, I will give you a painless death." While his hand start to create a green ball.

He throws it at the boy's hand and it's hand start to disappear. The boy yelled while trying to get it off. After the green thing reach it's neck, the crazy start mumbling something.

Then the boy neck quickly snap all the to the to the back. His body drop dead on the floor.

' shit, I have to be careful about him, that green thing can kill me if It touched any part of body.' I think while sweating a little. 

The green thing turns gray and turned into solid like sliver while covering the body.

" Now that your done, please pick your partner. There can only be 1 group with 2 people each. Then, please enter the real test." The scientist said while some people with armor and heavy guns start entering the room aiming at us.

"Please don't be scared, they'll put something on your neck. It's nothing special, just some tracking devices. Incase you got 'lost' in the test." The scientist said seriously on the 'Lost' part.

After that scientist done talking, the men in blue armor comes and put the tracker on us.

" I'll go with Ben." The boy behind the girl stand up and walk towards the crazy boy called Ben .

"Lucy you go with that girl." Ben said

"Oh..ok" lucy said while walking clumsly towards me.

" Alright, let's go." Ben said while follow the armor men.

" Hi, my name is Lucy. Nice to meet you." Lucy said while walking next to me.

"I....my name is max." I don't know this body's name so I just pick a random name.

"You woke up before me, do you know where we are?" I look around the hall we were going. There's a bunch of metal doors all around us. I'm kinda creep out.

" No, all I know is that we must complete the test. They said if we passed, we can go to a higher level floor to have everything we want."

"Higher level floor? So we're underground?"

"Yes, we are at the lowest floor."

"Hey, who that Ben guy and that guy names?"

"Oh Ben is the first one to reach the third room and that guy name is Matt, his the third one to reach the third room after me."

" Don't you think Ben is a bit nut."

"Yes, but he's doing this for us. He doesn't want someone badly injured to go to the final test. I heard he was the first to complete the test but didn't go to the higher level floor because his partner died during battle. He said we have to pass, because if we don't we'll died. He didn't died because the scientist want him to pass."

"You said there a battle. We fighting monsters?"

" No,It's going to be another group of people like us. If we win, that group has to wait for new people like us or die. That depends on how they perform. If they have good battle skills, they get to live. Those who don't have to die."

'shit, we are going to fight people like us? What if I meet someone like Ben, we're not going to win.' I thought while sweating bullets thinking about it.

"Don't worry, if you cover my back I will cover yours. This is about cooperation after all." Lucy said calmly

"Don't worry I'll cover you." I awkwardly smile at her. I still don't know how to fight, I know hand shield and void spear. But that's all! I don't know anything else!

'Welp, I just have to count on Lucy for most of the battle. Lucy did pass the second room, the monster pretty fast so I think she can handle the battle better than me, right?'

After what feel like hours, we reached the end of the halls. This room is different. There is 2 metal door, one of the armor men tells us to split. The boys go to the left side while we go to the right side. When we enter the room, all I can see on the floor is a lot of blood, body parts everywhere and there's one metal door in front of us, one at the left and one at the right. The room is also very big .

"Wait here and don't move. If I see you move you instantly get disqualified." The armor men pull out a device and said.

"If you do, your neck will explode." 

I nod and look at the armor men close the door behind us. I turn my head and saw Lucy pointing something. I look at the way she's pointing and saw something on the ground. It kinda looked like a worm. 

"Is it alive?" I whisper to her.

Then her eyes glow and look at it before saying.

"No, it's dead but there's got to be more of it." She replied.

"What did you do with your eyes? It glow for a minute." I ask curiously.

"I can see if it's alive or not. Thankfully, it's dead. They're going to release some of them when we battle, so keep your eyes open. They very sneaky and deadly."

"How do you know all this?"

"Ben told us before, that's how his partner died."

"Ohhhh, wait how come he didn't tell me!"

"He told me to tell you about it later. The moment you enter the room the scientist are there already, they don't want to tell you the surprise so they told Ben to keep it a secret. Only tell your partner. He wants to tell you but they're listening."

'Huh, he might not be as crazy as I think he should be.' 

After a few hours, the the door in front of us open and 2 kids enter while the speaker started talking.

"This is the final test, if you don't know. This is a battle between HC. I want to see how much you learn about your new body and how cooperated you and your partner can be. Don't let me be disappointed!" A man said happily.

" Well let the battle begin!!!" As he said that, a crowd of people started clapping in the speaker.

' THIS IS SO FUCK UP. YOU WANT TO SEE A BUNCH OF KIDS KILL EACH OTHER!!! WHAT WORLD AM I LIVING IN!! Then again, this might not be my world but FUCK this is mess up' I think while our opponents start to freak out.

"I guess two of them didn't know. This will be easy than I thought." Lucy smile and started turn her left hand into a gun.

" Max, you take the ugly one and I take the one with the glasses." She said before running as fast as lighting towards the boy with glasses while the ground crack below her feet.

                   End~~~

6