Chapter Two – Patriarch
81 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It wasn't long before Cameron heard a door being kicked open. Lazily sitting up, he glanced at the armed guards who walked over and seized his arms, dragging him out.

Normally, some part of Cameron wanted to resist, but the guards were all at least over the fifth stage of Body Tempering.

As a mere Body Tempering first stage, how could he oppose them? Better he let them bring him where they pleased.

As for fighting, Cameron came from the twenty first century. He had barely ever gotten into fights, much less having fighting experience that could fight above his cultivation stage.

"Where are you taking me?" Cameron asked one of the guards who gave him an impatient look.

"If you walk on your own, I'll tell you." The guard truly didn't want to drag him all the way there.

"Deal." Cameron stretched lazily and kept pace with the guards, who then brought him deeper into the Long Family compound.

"You're being summoned to the Ancestral Hall so the Long Family can decide what to do with you." Hearing the guard, Cameron blinked innocently.

"But what did I do?" Seeing the guard shoot him a look of loathing, he understood that the guard didn't like him at all.

Staying silent for the rest of the journey, he soon saw a large building in the direction they were headed.

Guards stood at regular intervals, while a small fire burned in front of the building, filled with scented wood.

The doors were opened before Cameron could reach out, so he shrugged and walked in quickly.

As he appeared, the people gathered in the room started murmuring amongst themselves, some even pointing in his direction.

'Hey, isn't it rude to point at people?' However Cameron could tell that these people saw him on the same level, if not lower than an animal.

"You! You dare to walk in here?! Get on your knees and crawl over!" Hearing Laura's father, the Patriarch speak, everyone else fell silent.

"Why?" Cameron couldn't recall if the previous owner of the body offended the man, but Cameron didn't kneel nor crawl.

"Insolent! You dare defy the Patriarch's words?! Do you believe I won't cripple you?!" That stupid uncle jumped out while screaming hysterically.

"Cripple this, cripple that. How about someone explaining to me what I did wrong?" Hearing his words, several people broke out in clamors.

"You tried to sleep with Uncle's daughter! You're worse than a beast!"

"You tried to drug the First Young Miss so you could further your despicable schemes!"

"Daring to ignore the Patriarch? We'll see a good show in a bit." 

Cameron took the time to observe everyone on the platform, the elders and direct descendants. Even Laura was present, however her face was cold.

Next to the Patriarch was a beautiful woman who seemed to be in her late twenties with a bountiful bosom. Her eyes practically burned Cameron's soul.

"You dare to ignore the Patriarch? You will be crippled for your disrespect." One of the elders said with a dark tone.

"Silence." The surrounding noise fell silent, leaving tension in the air, as if a storm were brewing.

"You tried to rape your own cousin, surely you understand the significance of this act? With this paper, your marriage with Laura is hereby dissolved." 

With a stern and solemn gaze on his handsome face, the Patriarch waved a hand and a piece of paper drifted into Cameron's hands.

Then a formless pressure forced Cameron to his knees. As the son'in-law, the Long Family couldn't be too cruel, but now with no status, no one could protect Cameron.

'Shit, just who did I offend for everyone to hate me like this? Am I just going to suffer for no reason? Where's my transmigration cheat?!'

5