Chapter 7
48 7 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Cali-fornia girls, they unforgettable~”

To keep myself occupied as I drive towards my Nathan’s house, I start to sing a song from one of my favorite singers, Katy Perry. 

It may seem crazy but after experiencing numerous high stress situations over the years, you begin to realize that doing the most mundane of things such as singing, can help lower your stress levels and keep you calm.  

Therefore…

Sex on the beach. We don’t mind sand in our stilettos~”

I shall sing. 

And while I sing, I think about Nathan and Nora. 

Nathan’s house, well, apartment isn’t that far from campus. It’s around a fifteen minute drive from there to the university. Walking though it’s close to forty minutes. 

However, because it’s so close to campus, I’m concerned about their safety. I saw smoke in the distance when I was on top of that rooftop earlier. That goes to show that there’s chaos happening everywhere else other than just on campus. 

“I hope you guys are alright.”

I said worriedly. As sad as it is, those two are my only friends in the entirety of Paradiso University. Don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t a complete loner. I had a few acquaintances in class I’d speak with but it was only a simple “hello” or “wassup”.

Nothing more, nothing less. 

I chalked it up to the fact that I’m prior military that I can’t connect with people around my age pretty well. Even more so when you join an organization where one wrong move could get you and your teammates killed. So your personality becomes a bit more rude and straight to the point. 

So it’s not my fault it’s the army’s!

“Damn, the road is backed up.”

I cursed as I put the car to a stop. The road I’m on is filled with crashed and stopped cars, leaving it too crowded to drive through. To make things worse, I see a few crazies in the street as well. 

“…Today just isn’t my luck, huh?”

Quietly exiting the car, I mumbled. Heading solely through the streets is a dumb and reckless idea as there’s a chance of being seen by those crazy people. One or two would’ve been fine to take care of but there’s easily over four of them. I’m severely outnumbered. 

“Hmm, If I remember correctly, this street isn’t that far from Nate’s house.”

If I cut through them I could save me some time and avoid confrontation. 

With a plan of action already settled, I entered a bakery shop. Tables were flipped, windows and display cases were shattered and the cash register was looted. 

And on the ground was a blueberry muffin that was slightly squashed by a table…

*CHOMP!*

Needless to say, I took it and ate it. 

Don’t judge me! I haven’t eaten all day. Food is food! No matter how crushed. 

“Delicious! There’s gotta be more in the back.”

With that said I went into the kitchen while carefully avoiding glass shards and broken cups. 

Upon arriving in the back, bread rolls and various other baked goods entered my sight. 

GRR!

Followed by the sound of my stomach grumbling. 

“…”

Fuck it, it’s not like stealing bread is the worse things that going on right now. 

And as I was about to start devouring the leftover food from the bakery…

“Please! Don’t kill me! I told you the code! So plea-“

BANG! BANG! BANG!

I heard gunshots followed by a body falling to the ground. Out of instinct, I duck behind cover and reach for my non-existent weapon only to remember I only have a knife. 

“Woah! Look how he dropped! Dude’s head just exploded! Haha!”

I heard a maniacal voice say from the back of the bakery, in what looks to be an office. It seemed they just murdered the owner of the bakery. 

“I know right? Come on. Enter the code to the safe and then let’s go loot the other stores.”

Another voice said as they entered the kitchen. It was a man wearing a hoodie and a ski mask. He seems to be the leader of the duo. 

He’ll be Bandit 1. 

“Haha! Bet.”

Bandit 2 said as the sound of a safe being opened was heard. 

Ruthless bastards. 

Not even an entire day has passed yet and they are already killing people. At least allow two days to pass, shit. 

“…” 

Bandit 1 had a pistol in his hand, a Glock 17.

Hmm, what I need most right now is a gun…

He’s a person I’m going to need to eliminate.

Picking up a piece of bread that was on the table I was using as cover, I tossed it in a corner across from me. If he goes there, his back would face me and I’d still have cover due to the angle he’s at, making it easier to ambush.

“What the hell was that?”

Bandit 1 shouted in surprise. To which Bandit 2 replied from within the office. 

“Probably a rat. Nobody else is in the bakery  otherwise, we’d hear it.”

“That’s true. But just to be sure I’ll go check.”

Saying that, Bandit 1 crept towards where I threw the piece of bread.

He steps in the spot I wanted him to be in so I creep behind him with my knife at the ready. 

“Yeah, I think it was just a ra- ugh!”

Covering his mouth, I mercilessly snatched his head back and stabbed his neck. I give it a sharp twist and gently laid him down on the ground. Bright red blood was pouring from his neck in a steady stream as he tried to speak but only the sound of gurgling could be heard. His eyes were full of confusion and terror. 

He’ll die in a few minutes.

In response to his gurgling, I put my finger in front of my helmet in a “hush” motion and took his gun.

The last thing he’ll probably see is the reflection of his dying body in the visor of man with a motorcycle helmet on. 

I checked the magazine via the view ports on the side. There were six bullets left. Sigh, the woe of having weapons that conform to California gun laws. 

Tch, you’re supposed to be a criminal. Where’s the extended magazines?

“You good back…there?”

BANDIT 2 asked as he entered the kitchen with a backpack full of cash. He wore a sweatshirt and wore a ski mask as well. 

“…”

He looked at me. 

“…”

I looked at him. 

There was a moment of silence before I started running towards him at full speed. The Bandit 2 tried retrieving his gun but the backpack hindered him for a second. 

BANG! BANG!

“Ugh!”

And that second was enough for me to aim my new found pistol at his chest and put two rounds in him. 

He fell to the ground with a yell. 

“He..lp me!”

“Are you really saying that after killing the bakery owner? Just sit there and die.”

I said coldly as I started searching his body for the pistol. 

He had the same pistol as the one I have so I only took his magazine of four bullets and left the gun on the ground.

By now, the guy was dead. And so was the other one. 

Bright red blood pooled onto the floor and around my shoes, staining the bottoms red. 

“…”

I felt no sense of emotion as I stared at the two now dead bodies. 

Do I have any qualms about killing another person? I do. It’s the reaping of another 's life. Someone’s son, someone’s father, someone’s husband.

However, the moment one starts to murder for fun, they’re no longer human in my eyes and shall be dealt with accordingly. 

Wiping blood off my knife via the sweatshirt of the Bandit 2, I enter the office. 

I saw the body of the bakery owner slumped in a corner. It was a middle aged heavyset man with graying hair. He was beaten black and blue and three bullet holes were in his skull, leaving a portion of the back of his head blown out. Bone fragments and brain matter was everywhere on the walls. 

Even on the picture of his child’s high school graduation. 

“Rest in peace.” 

Saying a quick prayer I leave through the back door of the bakery. Leading me to an alleyway. 

“If I cut through the stores like this I should reach Nate’s apartment in around twenty minutes. I should call Nate and give him a heads up.”

Saying that I pull out my phone and begin to call Nate.

2