Chapter 21 – Shika (2)
1.7k 9 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sorry it took me quite a while to upload a chapter today.

...

In a particular huge modern mansion, a dozen of female maids and butlers can be seen forming a line while bowing.

In the direction where they are bowing, is a little blondie girl holding a cute rabbit plushie toy. She is currently standing on the huge hall of the mansion. 

A distinct sound of argument can be heard up above the elegant hall originating from a room upstairs.

The blondie girl was staring at the source of the voice. Her face filled with a dejected expression, she hugged tightly on her plushie while tears formed her eyes.

Neither the maids or the butler made way to comfort this seemingly lonely little lady. They just bowed to the girl.

Soon, a woman came out from the room, carrying what seems to be a huge suitcase. She was crying as she ran downstairs, until she stopped just infront of the little blondie.

She knelt down and wiped the little girl's face gently, a motherly look appeared in her eyes.

The blondie girl looked at the woman's crying eyes as her tears welled up even more.

The woman noticed this, but she leaned forward and hugged the blondie tightly, patting and carressing the girl's head.

This blondie girl was none other than Shika, 6 years old.

Shika burrowed her head in the woman's shoulders before she started sobbing, she faintly spoke in a depressing manner.

"D-Don't leave me, mama..."

The woman trembled before she cried even more, she hesitantly whispered to the crying Shika while comforting her.

"Mama not's going anywhere... She's... forever in your heart... As long as you keep me in your heart, i will never disappear. My Shika..." The woman hugged Shika even tighter.

"No! I know you're leaving! I want you to stay!" Shika shook her head as she replied back in a desperate tone.

"You disobedient girl, who told you that! Mama will never ever leave you, she simply has to... do something for awhile. Don't worry, here..." She let go of the embrace while she wiped her tears and faced the crying Shika. She then reached out to her neck and took a glittering silver necklace with a pendant attached to it. She took Shika's small hand before she placed it in her palms. "...This is Mama's precious necklace, i want you to keep it and return it to me someday, if you won't then i'll come soon and take it back... take you back. Promise me, my Shika..." The woman held both of Shika's small hands.

Shika looked at the woman's eyes, a faint sense of unwillingless to depart is written.

Both of them didn't want to let go, but fate was simply too vicious.

The woman hesitantly stood up, Shika widened her eyes and hugged the woman's waist before crying even more.

The woman sobbed as she took a step and tried to struggle away from the crying Shika.

Shika mustered all of her little strength to stop the woman from taking a step but was unsuccesful.

They both reached at the huge grand door before a voice can be heard,

"...Winston, take Maria away and bring her to her room."

A figure can be seen calmly walking downstairs as his voice coldly swoop on the various butlers and maids.

One particular middle-aged butler bowed to the figure before heading towards the mother and daughter.

The woman glared at the figure before she knelt on the crying Shika again.

"Remember to listen to your papa's every words okay? Be an obedient girl but never let anyone stop you from acquiring happiness, my Shika."

"N-No! I don't want to stay with Papa! I want to stay with you! Here!" 

Suddenly, the butler arrived and tried to separate the struggling Shika from her mother's embrace.

Shika frantically struggled against the butler's grasp but was held on tightly.

"Nooo! Stop! Stop her! Stop!!!"

Shika screamed as she tries to reach her mother's hand.

The woman stood up, looked at the butler and said,

"Take care of her for me, Winston."

With that, she slowly turned around and walked to the door.

Shika screamed even more as her voice echoed throughout the huge hall.

She looked at her mother's departing figure as the woman exited the door, trembling.

....

Half a year has passed, Shika was completely devoid of emotions as he looks at the room of her once mama and papa.

Every now and then she'd ask her papa about her mama but he'd always ignore her.

Suddenly, one morning, she saw her papa's elegant car arrived at the mansion, his father brimming with happiness as he exited the car when a young woman dressed in extravagant red dress stepped out.

"Winston, call Maria out, it's time to meet her new mother."

...

2 years passed, Shika had a new mother, but this mother was no mother at all.

She entirely ignored Shika's existence, merely treating her as an obstacle not a human being.

Even during Shika's birthdays, neither his dad or step-mom came to greet her or spend time with her. Only extravagant gifts from various high-class businessman and billionaires that are friends with her father.

Only the middle-aged butler named Winston alongside a young girl accompanied the rather lonely Shika.

On her 8th birthday, her father took her to Japan for the first time, various politicians and big shots arrived at her father's party, celebrating both her birthday and her father's company's prosperity. She was introduced as the only heir to the company, the spotlight of the party.

But she felt depressed, she was not treated as a daughter rather she felt like a tool used for her father's success.

Various politicians and billionaires introduced their sons and nephews as a potential partner for her in the future. They were, as usual, treating it like business.

She couldn't take it anymore, on that night, she snuck out for the first time.

She ran into an unknown direction.

On that same night, a festival was currently ongoing, in one of the stalls, a little boy was currently playing a game of marksmanship. He held a plastic airsoft semi-automatic rifle, he was completely focused as he fired three shots.

The first bullet hit the target. The second bullet also successfully hit the target, but the last bullet didn't.

The little boy widened his eyes before shouting,

"Oi! Mister, your game is rigged! I clearly aimed where it should hit."

Anger and frustration is written on his face.

"Brat, you must be joking with me. I'm too old for this, here." The stall owner then took the rifle away from the little boy before handing a small green plastic ring.

The little boy hesitantly took the green ring before stuffing it to his pockets.

"Damn, this stall is a scam! Can't believe i spent 200 yen for that, now my future spaceship funds is empty." He glared at the shelf containing the top prize, a small spaceship toy.

Suddenly, a running figure crashed into the little boy.

"Rito! Where have you been! Mom's looking for you, the fireworks is about to start." A black-haired girl wearing a yukata shouted to the little boy.

These were none other than Rito and Kizune during their kiddie days.

"Nee-chan you didn't had to crash into me like that, what if i get injured?!" Rito tried to do a pained expression while acting like he broke a bone.

"Sorry~ I'll make it up for you once we get back in the bathroom~" Kizune playfully winked at Rito.

Rito ignored her as he followed her throughout the crowd before finally seeing a spot near the forest. There was a huge flat boulder capable of holsing multiple people, it was arguably the best place to set a camp to watch the fireworks.

"There you are, come sit next to Dad." Rito's father said as he pointed to a place near him.

"Dad i gotta take a leak." Rito panicly spoke, truthfully, he held it all along just to concentrate at the game earlier.

"...Okay, you can go there, make sure to pay your respects." He said while pointing into a nearby rock inside the forest.

I ran immediately, not wanting to miss the fireworks.

While i emptied my bladder, i suddenly heard cries and footsteps in the distance inside the forest. When i turned to look, i could barely see a figure running and occassionally tripping. The figure held something in it's hand, before she tripped once again and accidentally dropped it.

Rito immediately got curious. As a kid, he found anything unordinary quite cool. So naturally, he soon followed the figure as he took the object that the figure dropped.

It was a pendant, with an opened mini-case attached to it, inside the case is a picture of a very beautiful japanese woman holding a foreign blondie girl in her laps, they were both dressed elegantly as they smiled towards the camera. The blondie sitting on her lap as the woman hugged her from behind.

Rito immediately thought, this was something important. With that he rushed to follow the distance, after a couple of minutes, he exited the dense forest, arriving at a cliff. The cliff was something restricted but had an extraordinary view as well. On the distance away, is a girl, a blondie girl sitting on a clump of rock, staring at the sky.

Rito silently approached the girl, before stepping on a twig producing a sound. The girl heard this and slowly turned around.

When Rito saw the girl's face, he immediately went awed. 

She was extremely beautiful, even with her face filled with dirt. Her long yet perfect blondie hair perfectly contrasted with her golden huge eyes, her clothes were awfully tattered and ruined but clearly it was elegant and expensive. But most importantly, she had tears on her eyes.

Their gazes locked as they both confusedly stared at each other.

'She's... She's so pretty!'

'Who... Who is this boy?'

Their minds produced different questions and words.

But on that night, the moon shone on the cliff. Perfectly illuminating both of their appearances.

The wind swept by as the blondie's hair swayed alongside the passing wind, further enhancing the heaven-defying view.

Rito just stood there motionless, seemingly inthe state of shock while trying to imprint this view into his memory.

This foreigner is extremely cute! Where did she came from?!

When i was trying to rack up with various reasons, she suddenly spoke,

"W-Who are you?" her gentle soft voice broke the silence.

A foreigner that knows Japanese?

I got shocked.

"I- Eh- Uh- I-I'm Rito!" I nervously spoke to her as i bowed and put my hand out.

When the blondie girl saw this, she got stupefied. She then slightly smiled.

"...Don't be scared, i'm not a God or Goddess."

"I- Eh- S-Sorry?"

"My name is Maria-Jannet Yugoslavia the III, but i will allow you to call me by my Japanese name, Shika." She said as she smiled, a hint of loneliness in her eyes.

Shika...?

I completely forgot about her real name and just the word Shika resided on my head.

"What brings you here?" She politely asked.

Why does she acts like a proper woman during interviews. Is she a princess or a heiress? 

Even idols can't compare to this beauty, she must be an idol! But i don't know any Shika that is popular...

Rito then reached out to his pockets before presenting an object.

"You dropped this."

It was a pendant, a silver pendant.

Shika's eyes immediately went wide and she stood up rushing towards Rito. Her eyes bloodshot and her expression hateful.

Rito got nervous and had no idea what was his next action.

He closed his eyes and immediately shouted,

"I'm returning it!!!"

Shika halted her steps as her previous hateful expression disappears.

When Rito saw this, he immediately relaxed in relief.

"I saw you running through the forest and you dropped this. That was dangerous earlier, you should never do that, throwing your life away carelessly." Rito followed up before handing her the pendant.

When Shika saw this, a strange gleam of life appeared on her face. She was inwardly shocked by the sudden response.

She clenched her fist and opened the pendant to check something. When she saw the picture intact, she immediately sighed in relief before turning back to Rito in a serious demeaning way.

"Thank you for now, i'll commend this kind act of yours.  We, Yugoslavia, never look down on this kindness you have given. What is your family's company, i shall put up a good word on my father. He is extremely rich he may help you becom—"

"I don't need that, more importantly we don't need that."

Shika was interrupted by Rito all of a sudden.

Shika went in awe before proceeding to say,

"...If it's not enough, how about a cheque containing $5 mill—"

"I said we don't need that, look, i didn't do it out of money, and i'm guessing you are probably rich by making these absurd rewards but i don't want a reward."

Shika's eyes widened even more before continuing,

"What do you need then?"

"Can i sit next to you? I'm gonna show you something."

29