[Vol. 2] Chapter 37 – Visitors
821 3 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Nee-chan! What are you going to do?!" Kira's voice worriedly shouted at Kizune. Back in Rito's house, after they received Asahina's message, Kizune lost control and hurried outside. In a fit of rage, she went to the house next to theirs. Kira tried to stop her several times but she wouldn't budge.

As she stepped onto the vicinity of the house, she saw a bunch of figures. A foreigner boy and girl followed by more figures heading towards the house. Naturally, she didn't give two shits neither Kira did too. They passed the seemingly important figure. The foreigners noticed this especially Jack who then stared at the two Japanese beauties, a hint of greed and lust in his eyes.

"...Jack, are they Maria's new friends? Let's introduce ourselves to them! I want to know if they can show me good places here, or i can invite them to tea." The girl besides the tall boy spoke in English, her eyes shining in interest.

Jack nodded as his eyes never left the two girl's bodies, forming a grinning smile. 

"I don't care if you drug them or anything, i want them." Jack casually announces to the people behind him.

"Not fair! Let me experiment with them first, Jack!" The girl pleaded as they treated the two girl's as just mere toys.

Kizune and Kira particularly heard this and frowned. Even if they were just high-schooler, they were both excellent students so they naturally understood English.

Kizune halted her movements and turned towards the westerners, her face expressionless but her eyes glittering with killing intent.

Jack flinched upon seeing the face of Kizune, he immediately realized, they understood English. He looked down on them, merely treating them as disposable toys but now they could understand him? Jack got a bit scared before remembering his own identity.

He smiled before stepping up, his followers especially the guards showed hostility.

"May i know what's your name?" Jack pretended to innocently ask. 

"...You don't need to know it, all you should know is that you better leave this country soon." Kizune stoicly replied in English, in a manner of looking down to someone.

When Jack heard this especially the fluent English, he was shocked. The threat and how it was said gave a bit of chills to the back of his mind. 

The people behind his back started to move but then was halted by a wave of hand of the girl besides Jack.

"Bitch, beat it. What's a nobody like you going to do? None of the people living in this nation here can lay a finger on us." She said coldly in response to the threat.

Kira and Kizune glared at the girl when suddenly a voice spoke behind them,

"They are my sister-in-laws, was that sufficient?" 

Jack and the girl widened their eyes, the girl even more shocked when they saw the person who said those words. Kira and Kizune turned around only to see the person they were looking for, Shika.

Jack stepped on first and said in a solemn voice,

"Maria! I've missed you so much already!" He tried to touch Shika's hands but was then caught by another hand, gripping him in place. Jack squealed in pain and the people behind them rushed to save the distressed guy.

Then a bunch of black-suited men appeared behind Shika, each intimidating and strong. These individuals carry an aura similar to a war veteran, their eyes scrutizined the rushing butlers and guards in which they immediately froze in place.

Kizune and Kira were similary stupefied by the new revelations of the identity of Shika. They couldn't contain their awe, but only Kizune frowned. Her eyes not liking any of these one bit. For her, this spelt trouble in the future. Her intuition couldn't be more wrong.

"Jenna, release him." The blonde-hair commanded the one gripping Jack's hand. It was Jenna, the muscular female personal bodyguard.

Jenna then released Jack's hand immediately dropping him on the floor. His hands swelling red as he struggled to stand in one hand.

"Jack! Are you okay?!" The girl earlier who insulted Kizune rushed to Jack, followed by the guards and his personal butler.

"So much for a warm welcome..." Jack glared at Jenna who became disinterested at him.

"Jack, you don't have to worry about me here. As you can see i'm still perfectly fine, your father clearly knows of this." Shika spoke in a condescending tone. 

"...It's true, but... what are you doing in this place? This nation? Are you looking for your mother again? You shouldn't do it alone, my father can help you. Let's go back, Maria." Jack replied sincerely, he wished to know why would someone of Shika's standing go to Japan much less live in a suburbs. He simply couldn't understand what's so special about Shika's mother.

Of course when Shika heard this, she remained her composure. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, clearly emphasizing that she's making a decision. 

Kizune and Kira remained silent throughout the whole time with Kizune solely focusing on Shika. They both too wanted to know the reason behind Shika's arrival and why she's bothering Rito.

"No." Shika's expression didn't change one bit, but Jack's face turned sour.

"Maria...? What do you mean?" Jack confusedly asked.

"Jack... I'm not looking for my Mother, rather i'm here to study." Shika replied.

Jack found it unbelievable. He stared in shock at Shika's response. It made him think for the first time.

"This kind of place isn't fit for someone like you! Why here...?"

Jack couldn't take it anymore and retorted in anger.

Ever since Jack and Shika met as kids, Shika always kept a distance away from him. He knew that all along but kept on pursuing her. He thought that maybe, just like his father always said, he'll tame her. Years passed and Shika's treatment to him didn't change even one bit, only considering him as her father's friend's son and a business partner. Even more so, he hoped that the day where Shika would realize his sincerity for her, but that day would soon to come yet. Now, not only did Shika outright reject her, she also implied that this backwater place is the place where the goddess he heavily worshipped would study on.

Jack clenched his fist in anger,

Then Shika smiled.

"This is not the place to talk, let's go inside. I won't tell you the reason why i'm here, but i can tell you a thing or two before you return back to England." With that, the black suited men started dispersing into different directions until only Shika and Jenna was left.

Jack thought for a bit before hesitantly nodding his head. He then raised a hand in which the guards went back into the cars, only leaving him, the girl and the butler.

They both started walking before Kizune finally interjected.

"Where did you bring Rito to." A simple cold voice broke the silence. Her motives did not only fade but grew increasingly active. The need to know the whereabouts of Rito was urgent for Kizune. That voice was directed to none other than Shika who then halted her steps. 

Jack and the girl noticed this and turned towards Kizune in a manner of looking down on a beggar. 

"Maria, don't concern yourself with helping them. I know you're just pitying them but there's no need for you to lie in order to save them." The girl patronized Shika.

Jack gave a small snort before revealing a sinister gaze on the two.

Shika turned around, her expression no longer stoic but of seriousness.

"What do you mean." It was a command, an order to know. It had a heavy pressure which alerted the girl and Jack. Their faces fell, Jenna became more intimidating.

Kira and Kizune remained unfazed from the pressure, merely treating it like a blow from the wind. Kizune started showing signs of irritation.

"What are you playing at. Tell me where Rito is." Kizune's reply were even more sinister as the color of her eyes becoming void. She revealed the hostility straight into Shika. Kira similarly glared at Shika when she heard the response.

Jack and the girl felt crushed by the overwhelming pressure and killing intent released by the two opposing forces. Jack gritted his teeth before shouting,

"You fucking bitch! You think you could just say whatever you want and get away wit—" Before he could finish his sentence, Shika announced.

"I've no idea what you mean, but i'm assuming Rito is in danger..." She then turned towards Jenna before continuing, "...Find him, now."

Jenna bowed before she placed an ear-piece in her ears, she then spoke something in English. After a minute, she nodded in which she immediately bowed back to Shika.

"I've found him, mistress."

Kizune and Kira couldn't hide their astonishment any longer. They partly believed that Shika was just messing around or she was genuine. Either way, it's terrifying to know how she could find Rito in a minute. 

Jack and the girl stared in confusion when hearing another party's name. They tried to probe for answers but when they saw Shika's serious face it must've been related to her personal life. Jack couldn't help but feel curious about it.

"You two, if you want to know where Rito is, come in my car." Shika's tone outright just turned into a serious bitch. Of course, she spoke to Kizune and Kira.

They then started walking into the car, forgetting what had transpired minutes ago. She had just forgotten about Jack and his purpose in a short span of time. 

Jack frowned when he noticed that this felt more important than him. He wanted to know what could be more important than someone like him. He resolved to himself that he would follow them.

Kira and Kizune took one glance at each other before sighing and then following.

...

Meanwhile, the door creaked in the shabby shack in which Rito resided. Kaoru, Tal and Aiya slowly sneaked in, making little to zero noise. They treaded the small short hallway until they eventually reached a room at the end. 

This was the only room inside the house, and it's probably where Kaoru would expect Rito tied and tortured. She couldn't hold it anymore and reached to the doorknob.

But before she could hold it, the door opened. 

Rito, naked to his feet, casually opened the door.

The instance they both saw each other, they immediately froze in place. Kaoru, Tal and Aiya looking up and down while Rito stared in shock.

Instantly, a scream can be heard.

18