Act 1-1 ~The Thief~
532 8 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Her rabid glow is like braille to the night”

 

“Wow that was a bit embarrassing yelling that out” though I am alone, that felt pretty stupid of me yelling out. Anyways, time to move on. If I learned anything from an Isekai, it's that it's best to get out of a remote area since they harbor monsters and such, and I didn’t come into this world just to spawn and die. Considering my stats are weak, I need to be especially careful not to encounter anything, and if I’m compromised, the best thing I can do is run, no need to play hero.

 

A couple hours later, I emerged out of the forest, unscathed, and tired. The only things I managed to encounter in the forest were slimes, but luckily they weren’t hostile at all. Kinda wanted to pet them, but I gotta be cautious with the things I encounter, friendly or not. 

 

I looked at the sun setting on the horizon, winds turning colder as my body shivers. Luckily, I can see a small village in the distance, and of course it looks like a typical cliche one of that, (jeez I got to stop complaining, or else I’ll become really tired of this shtick). “Be grateful Leif.”With that said, I take my first steps towards my new life.

 

Approaching the village gates, I take a quick glance around and see that lampposts have lit up the streets and I witness it, not a single man walking among these women, the village just flooded with them, everywhere I see it's just women. I poke my head back *feeling overwhelmed* I start to sweat a bit. I definitely like the ladies, but seeing them in one place all together it’s just too intimidating. Maybe I can’t do it, I don’t think I can handle my interactions with them.

 

Just then I heard a carriage coming in the opposite, and instinctively I went to hide at a nearby bush. The sounds of wooden wheels filled my ears as the carriage came in close, then it stopped, wait do they know I’m here, shit. Before I can start panicking, the carriage moves along and enters the village, “Fuck me” I said worryingly. I then hear the women roar in the distance, I poke my head out of the bush, and see what the commotion is about

 

 

It looks like whoever was in the carriage was seriously packing some goods, from what I can tell it's all kegs. Maybe the person owns a pub, definitely sounds like a place of interest. The women gather around their carriage and figure steps off of it. “Woah, they’re tall” I say amazed, the figure stands tall among the women, wearing a full cloak that’s covering them from head to toe. Not only that but their physical features seem abnormal to say the least. They look strong, like bodybuilders strong. Not to sound ignorant, but I couldn’t believe a woman could look that buff, unless it's not a chick. No way, could it be. 

 

It looks my hunch was right as the figure pulled back their hood to reveal their face, it was a guy. Sporting an imperial mustache, a scar on his right eye, he definitely has the look of a womanizer. But the most notable feature of him was bald shiny head. He moves around the crowd with a confident air around  him

 

“All right fair maidens, I’ve come back from the main kingdom with a resupply of alcohol, you know what that means” He says with a low deep voice.

 

In all unison the ladies yell out “festive hours”

 

I then see the man raise his hand, and laugh. The fellow women do the same. The man then gets back up in his carriage, and proceeds deeper into the village. The women follow as well. Whoa, if that’s the type of attention males get here in the village, then I want a piece of it, is now or never Leif. 

 

I proceed to get up from the bush, and prepare myself mentally to what I’m about to step into. I slowly but surely take my first steps inside, whoa the village looks nicer from here. It feels very lively. Most women who were here dispersed after the man arrived, but some stuck around in this area. Surely being another male here could get some attention that could come with benefits. I see a group of women conversing with each other, and I take this chance to talk with them.

 

“Excuse me, I’m new to this village, I was hoping to get some directions from you beautiful ladies.” I said softly

 

Excited to hear a man’s voice they turned around quickly, but when they saw me, their looks turned into a disgusted one, they simply turned back and walked away, wait was it something I said.

 

One after another all the women that I was trying to get some sort of conversation going, scowled at me or completely ignored me. Wait was going on here. But then, my watch started buzzing, and I started to fuck with it. The display screen then propped up, and my stats were shown. An active sign that glowing red appears next to the debuff. So this is what she meant by buffing up my worst trait,this bitch. Anger, and despair swell up against me. “So she puts a handicap on me, for god knows what reason.” I start to walk around dazed

 

Whatever it is, I know I’m never going to catch a break. *Sigh* So much for a new life. I guess I’ll make the bes- “augghh”

 

Someone suddenly collides at me full speed, and I fall back with that said person.*with my eyes closed, I brace for impact* My back hits the ground hard, and my lips are suddenly met with another. Wait what just happened. Slowly I open my eyes to be with a girl laying on top of me, what a beauty, her black short hair shines through the night. Our lips disconnect as soon as she opens her eyes in horror.

 

“You… you…” she says bewildered

 

“Uhhhh…” I don’t know what to say back

 

“ You LEECH”

 

“Ughhh” 

 

She punches my stomach at full force, and gets up from me quickly. Oh man that wasn’t a light punch either. Looks like she reading for another attack

 

“Hey you there, Stop this instance!!

 

Two guards approaching from the alleyways seem to be yelling at the girl. The girl then picks up her bag, and starts to flee the scene, well not before leaving me with a death glare. She turns around the corner and disappears, the guards ignore me as their main focus was on the girl in black. Ok fuck me then, I got hurt, and they didn’t bother checking up on me, “Great, I guess”

 

I got back up slowly, and dusted myself off. Not only do I get ignored, I get assaulted as well, well could be worse. Probably it's best for me not to jinx myself. 

 

As the night dawned on me, I started heading deeper into the village for a place to stay in, maybe there's an abandoned building I could take shelter in, or something, I’ll get sick out here, or worse if I don’t find anywhere to stay. Then I come across a building that’s fully lit, and loud as well, wait is this a pub.

 

I peeked from the outside, and saw a lot of females drinking, conversating, and fighting. All the typical commotions that happen in a pub. 

 

“Jeez, these women can sure drink, makes me a bit intimidated.”

 

Not wanting to draw attention I refrain myself in front of the window, I then start walking by the small alleyway by the pub, and I see it, a small shack behind the building, I slowly start to approach.*I slowly grab the knob, twist it* I enter the small shack, and see a small hammock inside with some blankets. I turned around to the building behind me, I noticed it had another level, so I would assume that whoever owned it has a dormitory up there. They wouldn’t mind me sleeping in this one. “Besides I’ll leave in the morning, and leave the place is as “, I said cheekily, I proceed to take of my chanclas, and got in the hammock, I had a bit of trouble, but I managed to get on, “ahh this is nice, time to call it night”

 

Suddenly, I hear a door open outside of the shack with some commotion going on, and then silence, footsteps approach closely, and then stop. Aww crap, I knew this situation was too good to be true. The door knob rattles, and ‘he’ enters my view.

 

“Well now, it seems you’ve gotten cozy there Boy! He says strongly

 

“I Uh.. can explain….” yeah, right

 

“For the fair maidens, I’ll let them spend the night here to get some rest, but for you, hehehe, you’re going to make up for it.”

 

He then suddenly grabs me and puts on his shoulder, please don’t let this be what I think is going to be. We get outside, and it looks like we’re heading towards the pub

 

“You’re in luck Boy, I was looking for a new dishwasher, and it looks like the opportunity has presented himself to me.”

 

“Dishwasher, wait what”

 

“You heard me, the right to sleep is earned through work” 

 

We’re now inside the establishment, through some covers I can see the women having a festive time drinking, and eating. The man takes a quick right, and it seems like we’re in the kitchen, he sets me down and points towards the dirty dishes, I’m way too perplexed to do anything.

 

“Oh by the way Boy, the name is Pontius Braveheart, but for you is Boss, got it? 

 

“Uhh”

 

He then bonks me with his fist

 

“GOT IT”

 

“YES SIR” I think I might’ve shitted myself

 

“Also Boy, what’s your name”

 

“It’s Leif, Leif Erikson”

 

“Well now Erikson, that confirms my suspicions, you’re from another world are you”

 

“Ehh nani”

 

“Come on now don’t play the dumb, the watch, the clothing, the name, you’re from earth aren’t you”

 

Wait, what's going on

 

~?????? POV~

 

Puffing out air, it seems I was able to outrun the guards, haha. I checked my bag full of trinkets, gold, and other such valuables I stole from the duchess estate, “These will sell nicely in the black market” I say to myself. What a night, I got a bit greedy when taking the things from there, if not for that the night would’ve gone smoothly, and I could’ve avoided that incident earlier. 

 

That’s right, my first kiss was stolen by that vile creature, thoughts race into my head, and I relieve that scene. Though, I should feel anger, the rough feelings of his lips pressing against mine, his body cushioning from the fall, his fluffy hair, it was all so-, NO, what am I thinking, is probably because I haven’t had any contact with any males except for Pontius. But to think like that towards him of all people. Such a vile, disgusting, laughable, creature yet I feel like there’s something more to him, maybe I need to keep some tabs on him… hmm Why am I smiling.

 

14