Act 1-2 ~The Thief~
515 12 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“She swears I’m a slave to the details”

 

“Finally! the day is over”,*sighing in relief* I glance over as the last group of women stumble their way out of the pub. Still amazes how much these women can drink. But luckily I’m working at the back of this place where no one comes to interfere except for my Boss. I chuckle to myself, that’s right, “Baldy McMoustache” I say with no hesitation. 

 

All of a sudden, I feel two beefy arms wrap around my throat,*quivering in fear* I know I have fucked up. “Who are you calling Baldy, Erikson?” a man said in a deep voice. His sheer voice trembles the very core of my body. “Bo.. Bos… Boss!” I can merely let out the words, “I thought you had turned in for the night”. “The ladies demanded a bit more alcohol, so I came down to get some more, I just didn't expect such idiocy spewing from your mouth!!” He says more loudly, “For that, you must be punished”, oh dear god no. He starts to lift me up, and I start a silent prayer.

 

The sounds of the quiet night that enter my ears are ferociously replaced by a strong gust of wind, “THE GRAND SLAM OF LOVE” my Boss says as I’m being hurled to the ground. 

 

*SLAM*

 

All the wind is knocked out of me, but most importantly I’m alive. “All is forgiven Erikson, but please refrain from being stupid, ah who am I kidding, you’ll never change.” he says disappointingly. In my weakened state, I replied back “that’s why you love me” I gave him a faint smile. “Don’t push your luck boy, besides you got some business to finish up” he points to a basket full of dirty dishes, and mugs. Wait did he bring some more, I thought I was done with the dishes. I tried to give him a sad look, but he shot back at me with a slam maneuver gesture, which made me quiver in defeat.

 

The 8 ft tall man proceeds to pick up a keg, and proceeds upstairs to his dormitory where god knows how many women were waiting up there for him. “Looks like another orgy night for Boss” I said to myself, “I knew what I said was stupid, but he didn’t have to punished me this bad.” *looking at the basket*, “at least the pub is closed for tomorrow, so it's not too bad, I guess. But still who would've guessed that my boss was a former champion summoned from earth as well. Crazy to know I got someone to relate to, even though he’s forty years older than me.

 

Finishing up the last of the dishes, *looking down towards my watch*, almost four in the morning, time to kick the bucket. I take off the apron I have, and the little bandanna I have in my head, and proceed towards the back exit of the pub.

 

Stepping out feeling the air through my body, I’m met with her ,“aww shit” I said in a monotone voice. The chick then rushes at me, and throws me at the ground. She wraps her legs around my arm, and pulls on it, I still haven’t recovered from my Boss’s attack. 

 

“Everywhere I go you’re there, day, night, I can’t seem to escape you, do you have some sort of obsession with me” she says in harsh tone

 

“You must be fucking delusional if I spend my time tracking you down, how do I know you’re not tho one obsessing over me.” I attack back

 

“As if, what kind of lunatic would give any attention to the likes of you”. She starts pulling my hand a bit harsher. Okay, this chick is getting on my nerves. It's late, I'm tired, sore, I just want to feel myself being carried by my hammock.

 

“Look pulling my arm isn’t going to get us anywhere, so just let go.” “Not until you tell me what you’re doing here.” This is hell, this is actually hell, and I’m paying for the sins of my previous life. I just want this night to end. Fine, I’ll give in to her demands

 

“If you must know, I work here.”

 

“Wait really you do” she looks pretty bewildered “How in the name of Sif, did Pontius hire someone like you.” Thinking about it, how in the world did I ever get hired, that sure is a great mystery.

 

“That shack to our side is my dormitory, I just finished up my shift, and was heading in for a nap before you rudely interrupted me.” Time to guilt trip you bitch

 

“Yeah, right” looks like she doesn't believe me, but she does let go of me. I stand up, and dust myself off. “I find it hard to believe you have a job here in Azmarin, but miracles can sometimes happen I guess.” I just roll my eyes and proceed towards the shack.

 

“Wait before you go, let me know your name” she says in a hesitant tone. “Found new interest in me.” I said cockily. “Hell no, I just like to keep tabs on certain individuals.” “ahh, and I fit that category, I’m flattered.

 

She looks like she’s ready to throw in another attack, alright stop with the act Leif, just give her want she wants. “It’s Leif, Leif Erikson”

“Really now, what a strange name, almost like it doesn't suit you.” she gives such a confused gaze. Hey that name is doped, and it definitely does suit me

 

“Alright Ms. impulsive, your turn

 

“ehh, what do you mean” 

 

“Yo know what I mean, your name” Come on don’t play dumb now.

 

“Fine, if you must know it’s Vivian” Vivian huh… after all these months coming across this chick in the wrong places, at the wrong time, I get to know her name

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/823403537944805376/823403635836846110/download_1.png

Vivian does sound like it fits her despite her overall dark outfit, she is pretty cute among the villagers, her silky black hair shines through the night, with eyes looking sharpish as ever, damn if I ever had a fair chance in this world, I would’ve personally liked to date her, but alas the goddess is a cruel mistress. *the goddess image popping in my head but with a devil outfit*

 

“Well, night I guess” 

 

“ Wait that’s it” was she expecting more of a reaction, like a compliment or something, well I guess it wouldn’t hurt given her one.

 

“I guess a cute name fits a cute girl like you”

 

She turns around quickly, “a compliment from you is like stepping on dung pile” wait a minute, was that hint of red appearing on her face

 

"Cool, I guess, anyways good night" I quickly step inside my shack, and activate my watch. My debuff is still there, but I notice it has gone down to 20%, hahha, this goddess isn't as powerful as she meant to be. Let's see here, I've been here four months already, and the debuff was at 100% so that means each month goes down by 5%. 

 

I jumped around my little shack,but stopped quickly due to my injuries. If all goes well and no intervention from the goddess herself, I should be able to fully experience this world as it was intended to be, and tonight was proof of that. *slowly plop down on my hammock and whisk away in my thoughts* “i wonder does she even knows that its going down or not?” laying on the hammock “oh well, I don"t give a shit I'm tired and that good enough for me right now”

 

~Vivian POV~

 

I saw him go into his shack, and started walking around the corner making sure not to make too much noise, almost blowing my cover, but luckily I talked my way out of it. Finally after months of purposely coming into contact with him I got to learn his name, and he got to know mine. (Kyaaa, I’m so excited). Of course, I knew he worked here, Pontius wouldn’t stop bragging about his new dishwasher. The other harlots weren’t all too excited of the idea of him working at the pub, but I thought differently. Never could I’ve imagined that I would become interested in that man, he seemed so arrogant, so repulsive, but since our fated encounter, I’ve been drawn to him like moths on a corpse. 

 

The times that we run into each other make me feel something that I've never felt before, like a feeling that i can't shake off. *Placing my hand over my chest where my heart is* “is this what being attracted to someone feels like?” slowly looking through a window in the shack I see him peacefully asleep on the hammock.

 

Still wish I could've been softer on Leif, sometimes wanting to feel his lanky arms around me, while caressing his shaggy hair, and sometimes, just sometimes I feel like just ripping his clothes off and dominating him to teach him what he’s done to me. I just can’t explain the feeling. But all I know is that he will be my greatest heist ever, and an easy one at that. No woman wants him, so I’ll take what I deserve. *smiling with excitement * 

 

“Get ready Leif, cause I’ll steal your heart away”

 

16