Act 1 Finale ~The Thief who almost stole my heart~
466 7 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So that you two can take some time teach each other to reciprocate"

 

Ughhh my fucking head *slowly opening my eyes, looking around the room* what happened. “Mhmmm” I try to speak, but there seems to be something stuck in my mouth. Pulling the object out of my mouth, I take a look at the black scrunch up thing and unravel it. “Wait are these… Panties”. Then it all came back to me, Vivian, shit. I try to get up off the floor, but my body tenses up, and flops down. Damn, how hard did she kick me. 

 

“C’mon Lief, get up, you can do this” I say to myself

 

Slowly I start to push myself once more, and little by little, I start to stand up. I grab onto the bed for support, and surely enough I’m back on my feet (though a little wobbly).  I check my watch, it's 4:47, “Shit, I was out for that long”.

 

Ok so let me try to piece this together. I woke up to a half-naked Vivian, who attempted to rape me, had a viscious look, and was soaking wet, but when I tried to diffuse the situation, I made it worse, and she rambled on about a master plan, and knocked me out. Ok, yeah

 

“NONE OF IT MAKES SENSE!!” I yell out in frustration

 

*Pulling my hair in frustration* What the hell happened, where did the personality shift begin? Was she always like that, or is there another force involved.  Many questions and theories start accumulating in my head. Ughhh it’s giving me a fucking headache. Alright, just gotta stop with all these ideas in my head, and focus in the here and now. 

 

Ok, the master plan, could mean a lot of things, but what exactly. *Sigh* I’m not gonna find answers just pondering here, I have to get out there and find it myself. I grab my old jacket, and put on my usual chanclas and I start to head out of the shack. Though my body feels a little frail, the mystery of Vivian’s rash actions has got my body shifting into gears to make it through this incident.

 

“Oi Leif, I was wondering If I had to pummel you awake just now” the tall man said in a deep voice. Shit it’s my boss

“Oh yeah, sorry Boss, I was just uhh… a little tired... haha” I laughed nervously

 

“Either way it looks like your up, C’mere Boy, we got to open up the bar.”

 

Shit the bar is going to open up soon, but I don’t have time for it. I need to make an excuse

 

“About that boss… I got some other business to attend” 

 

“Hmmm…. Other business to attend to, are you just trying to get out of work, Leif? Shit, that was a pretty weak excuse

 

“Boss you know I’ll tell you straight up if I didn’t want to work, this is just something I have to deal with personally”

 

“Personally you say, Leif, what have you gotten yourself into?” He gives me a perplexed look

 

Should I tell him what went down, no, this is on me. It sounds stupid to keep this to myself, but I need to learn how independent, and deal with this situation on my own. Maybe If I’m lucky, this is some sort of twisted prank done by Vivian, but who would go this far for a prank. Only one way to find out

 

“Well honestly Boss, I’m not quite sure, but I know this is something I have to deal with alone” I give a confident look. 

 

“Hmmm” looks like he’s pondering in his thoughts. “I can tell you’re not going to tell me what this business is about, and I won’t pry. I see the confidence in your eyes, just make sure you don’t take long, I don’t want those dirty dishes piling up...hahahaha” He chuckled

 

“No Promises Boss, but I’ll try my best to come back as soon as possible”

 

“Now get going you little squirt, the more you stand here, the more time you’re wasting” He proceeds to give me a hard pat on the back to get going…. Owww that hurts.

 

With that I start heading out, moving into the streets of the village. Knowing where I’m going, I started taking the route I took last night. At first I was just speed walking, but the closer I got to the edge of the village, the faster I kept going, until I started sprinting. I finally reached the gate, but I suddenly stopped. I take a look behind me, and take in the sight. This village might be cliche, and most-if not all villagers don’t like me here, but it is a place that’s home to me. I don’t know why, but I feel like this is going to be the last time I ever step foot in this village ever again. Sometimes, I don’t even know what I’m saying. But I gotta keep on going.


After sprinting through the outskirts, I finally reach the abandoned building. Still eerie as ever, but this is where I’m going to find some answers. I walk towards the building, and go through the small crack to get inside. Once inside, I find the place a mess, some clothing is all over the floor, the bed is a mess, the curtains are draping down, shards of glass are on the ground. What the hell happened here.

“Ok, this place went from astonishing to ominous in one day, maybe I could find some evidence of this so-called ‘master-plan’ under all this mess…… OHH SHIT!!”

 

When I turned to see the wall behind me, there were multiple sketches of me up on the wall, with a red marking saying ‘MY GREATEST HEIST’. Seeing the sight of it, makes my stomach churn. Maybe it wasn’t such a good idea going alone, But I gotta see this through to the end.

 

Moving away from the sight, I take a look around the place for any clues, a lot of the stuff here has been ransacked, but there’s gotta be something right. I was about to give up, until I came across the wardrobe. It was slightly opened. I walk towards it, and open the thing. Inside was a cloak, and a rolled up paper. I grabbed the paper, and walked over to a table on the side. I cleared the table, and rolled the paper on it. Wait a minute, equipment items, guards, house locations, these are plans!. This couldn’t be the master plan, is it?

 

I start checking every little thing on this plan. This is really crazy, it is all sketched out nicely on this piece of paper, there are little notes on the side describing guard positioning hours, and ways of getting out of tight situations . Did Vivian make these plans up by herself, well considering all the shit I’ve witnessed her do, I feel like an idiot not realizing that she’s a thief, guess I really am stupid.

 

I take a closer look at the equipment section. Grapple hook, lock picks, daggers...etc. Yeah, looks like it’s the usual equipment of a thief, I continue down the list until I see something interesting, ‘cloak of invisibility’ wait, cloak you say. I take a glance back at the wardrobe, and see the cloak there. I start walking toward it. I grabbed it, and started to analyze it.

 

 “Just seems like a regular cloak, but what if” I wonder. I stick my hand through the sleeve, and slowly but surely it starts to become transparent, oh shit it’s legit. This is actually my first time seeing such a thing, but I gotta remember this is a world filled with magic.

 

Thinking about it, wouldn’t this item be critical for this plan, there is no way she would’ve forgotten about it, would she? Just then, a huge light peered through the broken window. 

 

“Is that a flare!?” I said in confusion

 

What the hell is going on in the village. Don’t tell me… oh no. Then I see her, dressed in black, silky black hair, it’s Vivian. She’s running back here, but something doesn't seem right. Her movements seem unstable, and she can barely keep herself up. I’ve got to get to her as fast as I can.

 

I exit out of the building, and rush towards her. It looks her legs are finally giving up. I’m going to have to dive, it’s gonna hurt, but I can’t let her fall. Here goes *putting force into my legs, I dove in* 

 

*Scratch*

 

“Owwwww” I groan

 

I managed to catch her in time, but the feeling of dirt and rubble on my back, really did a number on me. I take a glance at Vivian, and she seems out of breath. Her clothes are a bit torn, and she has some darts on her body, so I quickly take them out. What happened to her. She slowly opens her eyes

 

“Leif...is that you” She says weakly

 

“Yeah it’s me” I said worryingly

 

“Sweetheart, I knew you'd come back to me” she caressed my cheek

 

“What the hell did you do”

 

“I secured our future together” She proceeds to get her pouch and she shows me the contents, it’s full of jewelry

 

“You didn’t” I say to her in disbelief

 

“Oh, but I did” She smiles at me

 

She gets closer, and kisses me on the cheek.

 

“I’ll have my happy ever after with you... sweetheart” With that, she closes her eyes

 

Shit, shit, SHIT!!!, don’t tell me she’s… I went to check her pulse, and to my relief, I can feel the beat.

 

“Ladies, I think she went this way” I hear a voice from far away, are those guards, shit looks like she was being chased. 

 

“Fuck, let’s get you out of the road.” I pick her up and proceed to head back inside her hideout. Though it was hard squeezing into the crack, I managed to get her inside, and lay her on the bed. Her clothing is torn up, and I don’t want to put my hands on her, so I put my jacket on her. Sure the thing is a bit big on her, but it’ll keep her warm. I walk up to the broken window, and take a glance outside, and it looks the guards are getting close. If they find her, who knows what they’ll do to her. I try to think a way out of this, but nothing comes to mind. I’m so fucking useless *slamming my fist on the table* my watch displays my stats. I take a quick glance, and then it hits me.

 

A plan starts to formulate in my head, this might be one of the stupidest things I’ve done, but if this works, Vivian would be safe, and free from harm. 

 

“Haha… who would’ve known you’d come in handy, you fucking debuff” I chuckle to myself

 

“Now let’s see how much more these women could hate me”


“We know you’re in there, come out with the jewels you’ve stolen, or suffer the consequences” Shouted one of the guards

 

“We will give you on the count of three to come out, or we will engulf the whole building in flames, ready the torches ladies”

 

“Ok Leif, it’s now or never” I said nervously, 

 

“One”

 

Fuck this is happening 

 

“Two”

 

Here we GOO!!

 

“Thre-”

 

“HAHAHAHAHA” I give out my creepiest laugh

 

“Who goes there” one of the guards said worryingly

 

I slowly emerge out of the crack

 

“Fools, it is I, Leif Erikson” god that sounded cringe

They looked so disappointed when they saw me. Sheesh, sorry I don’t fit criteria of a menacing foe

 

“You’re that dishwasher that works with Pontius, aren’t you”

 

“Yes I am”

 

“Well either way, step aside, we have some important business to attend to”

 

Brushing me aside, I don’t think that’s wise

 

“Oh you mean this” I show them the pouch full of jewelry that I was hiding behind my back

 

“That’s the jewelry,. why do you have it!? The guard said angrily

 

“Oh this, I told the girl to bring it to me”

 

“You mean that thief, are you partners”

 

Here goes nothing Leif

 

“As if, I’ve been manipulating the girl to do my bidding, in fact, I’ve been orchestrating all the thievery that has happened here all this time.” 

 

.   .   . Did it work?

 

“You… you… YOU CREEP” Yelled out a guard

 

“MONSTER”

 

“LEECH”

 

“BASTARD”

 

Different insults are being thrown in my direction. It’s working

 

“I knew you were trouble, the way you looked at everyone as you walked around the village eyeing their jewelry shine in the bright sun, such disgusting greed” One of the guards gave me a ferocious look

 

Maybe it’s working too well. They all start pointing their weapons at me. Their eyes filled with hatred, and disgust. I think I’m fucked here

 

“No mercy for this greedy Bastard” they come charging at me

 

Ahh shit

 

“STOP” A thunderous voice yelled in the distance, stopping the guard in their tracks.

 

The guards turn their backs to the figure that’s coming out of the forest. Of course, I recognize him by his sheer voice alone, it’s Pontius.

 

“Stand down, I will handle him myself” He says in such a cold voice, he starts to head towards me

 

“Pontius, I ...ugh” before I could say anything, he sent me flying towards the wall of the building. I cough a bit of blood, he’s never hitting this hard before. Before I could do anything, he grabs my shirt, and readies his fist.

 

“You are a complete Idiot, Lief Erikson” With that, his fist collides with my face, and darkness follows.


“WOAH SHIT… ahhh” I get up, but my head is throbbing. I take a glance around, it’s nighttime, and I’m in a campsite. What happened, but more importantly where’s Vivian?

 

“Damn it, I need to find her” I try to get up, but I’m a bit dazed

 

“You’re finally up Boy” I turn around to see Pontius. Terrified, I fell back, and crawled away. He walks towards me and stops me in my tracks. 

 

“Loosen up Leif, I’m not going to hurt you, unless you don’t calm down.”

 

*Gulp* I slowly started to take some deep breaths, and I started to calm down for a bit.

 

“Always acting so rash, and never thinking about the consequences, you’re a complete idiot, you know that.”

 

“What” I said confused

 

“*Sigh* You got yourself into a big mess Boy, you’re lucky that I was able to step in time to save your dumb ass.”

 

“Wait, so you weren’t trying to kill me” I said confused

 

“Of course not, didn’t you hear what I just said”

 

“I did, it’s just all confusing, that’s all”

 

“You are a slow one, aren’t you Leif”

 

“I think so”

 

“Great, *sigh*Now tell me this Leif, how did you get tangled up yourself with Vivian?”

 

That’s right, Vivian.

 

“Where is she?Is she safe? I say worryingly

 

“She’s in my care now, no need to fret. I just want to know how you got entangled up with her.”

 

“I don’t know how to put in words Pontius”

 

“Try me”

 

And so, I told him what he wanted to know. I told him the events of the night before, and the stuff that happened in the morning (except the raping, of course). I had informed him about the heist she pulled off, and where it went wrong. He then dropped me a bombshell on me, he knew of Vivian’s antics, and knew someday something like this would happen. He just didn’t expect me to show up in the picture. Luckily, with him being a hero, (and my interference) he was able to get Vivian off the hook for any crimes she committed, and was placed in his care. He also told me that she was hit by tranquilizers, and it was nothing life-threatening, but she would be out for a couple days. The building was ransacked though, and any stolen treasures found there, were return back to the village

 

For me though, after knocking my ass out, he told the guards that he would personally take care of me, and that they would never see my face again. They took his word for it, and let him be. Of course, he had other plans with me. After some time settling the things with Vivian, he came back for me, and made a campsite at a cliff side overlooking the village. He told me he had prepared me a small carriage with basic necessities. Confused, I ask what for. He told me that word would be spreading out about this incident, and that if I would show my face around that village, I’ll highly be prosecuted, or worse. Essentially, I was banished from the village. There was nothing to come back to.

 

I was shocked of course, but this is the punishment I have to atone for my actions. Pontius then tells me to venture out south, a place where I could be free of any rumors that might spread out to nearby villages. He also hands me one more thing.

 

“Wait isn’t this” I look at the cloak

 

“Well, since I know how weak you are, you’re gonna need this to avoid any monsters you encounter along the way.” He give a smirk

 

“Fair point” I point out to cloak, and its start to become transparent, this is pretty cool

 

“Good, looks like it works, now just follow the path on the map I provided you with, and don’t stray from it. I’ve also written down some instructions for basic survival, if you lose that, well, you’re fucked.”

 

“Good Pep-talk Pontius” *sweat falling down my head*

 

He grabs me by the shoulder, ahh shit .  .  . but nothing happens

 

“You’re a complete Idiot, Leif Erikson, but you have a good heart, think things through, or it’ll be your downfall.” He says to me

 

“Pontius… I” I don’t what to say

 

“Now get going” He pats me hard on the back “Your journey begins here”

 

I start seeing the sun rising up, and I see him there, just laughing. I get a bit choked up, and start to gather my shit, and go. I can’t face him, after all he’s done for me, I feel ashamed, but I gotta keep moving on. I don’t know what’s in store for me, but whatever comes my way, I’ll handle it my own terms.

 

A few minutes into my walk, I start to ponder something. When Pontius knocked me out, he told me he went to handle that business with Vivian. Did he leave my unconscious body in the forest.

 

“PONTIUS!!” I yelled out in frustration. *the fluttering of bird wings could be heard in the distance*

13