Chapter 4: A power in the shadows does not stand out
4.3k 6 115
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 4: A power in the Shadows does not stand out

...

"Put more strength in your feet!"

"Yes!"

*Slash*

*Slash*

"Yeah, that's a lot better..."

Currently, I was watching my brother train swordsmanship along with his teacher. Why, you ask? Well, It's mostly because that way I can check if own swordsmanship style could defeat his style. You could call it something similar to shadowboxing, but each time I make a minimal error in my mind, I correct it and improve myself, perfectionist it until the smallest detail.

So doing this can also be considered training. 

But don't worry, my body strength isn't being neglected. As I'm currently in a sitting position 1 cm above the actual chair, using the muscles of my feet and legs to maintain myself in air without touching the chair. And I have been doing this for the last 30 minutes.

Luckily it seems that the muscles in One piece world have a lot more potential than in my previous world. As the strength of my legs has increased a lot even though they still look completely the same.

"Put a bit more strength on your swing, and don't forget to maintain your balance"

"Yes sir!"

*Swing*

Three months have actually passed since I made my first friends in this world, aside from my brother that is...

During one of my "training sessions" while assaulting pirates I managed to awaken my observation haki after dodging a bullet, though it was still weak, it was better than nothing nonetheless.

At most, I could only use it to vaguely sense some presences in my surroundings, and a bit of the emotions of other people. Nothing more, so I still had a long way to become a proper eminence in the shadows.

"Hey Sid, let's go play at the park!" The voice of Nael came from the street outside my house.

"I'm coming, wait for me!"

I guess it's time to continue practicing my Mob techniques...

"Mom, I'm leaving to play with Nael!"

"Don't come back to late, ok?"

"Sure"

°

°

°

Sigh... Why did this have to happen?

"Hehehe, what an incredible amount of brats! I'm pretty sure someone will pay a lot for you all~... specially you little girl" A fat guy with a ridiculously big mandible and clothes that screamed: 'I'm a pirate, come on marines, catch me~' spoke while looking at Arya that was laying in the ground while trembling.

We were walking through the city to go and get some candies along with Nael and the group, but when we entered an alley to get a shortcut this guy suddenly appeared from out of nowhere.

Seriously, what the heck are the marines doing to let such a Pirate looking guy walk around without any problem?

"Don't touch Arya!" Nael immediately placed himself between Arya and the pirate and slapped his hand away.

"Nael!" Arya screamed in relief after receiving help from her

"It seems like you need some discipline!" The Pirate looking guy raised his hand ready to slap Nael.

"Watch out!" One of my Mob companions yelled after seeing the pirate ready to attack

*Slap!*

"Argh!!" Nael yelled in pain while falling to the floor.

"I think I need to show you guys what happens when someone annoys me!" The Pirate looking guy took a pistol from his pocket and aimed it directly at Nael.

Oi, Oi, you can't be that stupid right? If you fire that gun then the marines will notice and will come rushing here.

Nael got up and pounced upon the pirate, ready to punch him.

Hmm, but that punch is really weak, it won't really do that much damage aside from making him angrier... I think the only thing Nael needs to become a real protagonist is strength...

"Die!"

Well, I can't let him die. Otherwise, my mom is going to scold me when I go back home, and there's also the fact that maybe they won't let me leave the house without someone accompanying me...

Ugh, that could ruin everything!

So I refuse to let this happen.

*Pew*

Before the pirate could even press the trigger, I fired a small poisonous needle from a hidden gun that was under my clothes.

I built this gun in my spare time after reading a few books about guns structure and some medicine books. Nothing too complicated really.

Why medicine you ask? Well, it's certainly useful that they tell you on each page the description of many poisonous herbs that can be obtained pretty easily once you have as much money as I do.

So, after some experimenting here and there, I finally created a gun that can shoot needles, and it's small enough to be hidden easily under my clothes.

As for the poison, It just has a paralysis effect. I don't need the marines investigating this matter later because that guy died from the poison.

Though, no one said that I don't have deathly poisonous needles...

Ahem!

Anyways, after using my hidden gun the needle flew undetected and pierced right into the hand of the pirate that was holding the gun. Making him flinch in pain due to the speed of the needle and drop the gun by accident.

"Gah-!"

Nael punch suddenly hit the face of the disoriented pirate and made him fall to the ground. 

Hehehe... Such a perfect conclusion.

Now, the final touch!

"You- you are amazing Nael!"

Ah... the trembling voice, the scared stance, and my amazed tone. I really did a good job on that phrase!

"O-oh..." Nael just nodded sightly while looking his punch in amazement.

"Y-you damn brat..." The pirate tried to get up, however, the poison had already spread enough and stopped him from moving any further.

"Y-you knocked him out! Incredible"

Yare yare, such a perfect ending for our protagonist Nael... Saving his childhood friend from a thug and discovering his great powers.

"Let's go Nael, I don't want to stay here any longer! Who knows if this guy has any friends?!" One of my Mob companions exclaimed in a terrified tone.

"Hm"

°

°

°

Right at the park, some of my mob companions started crying after living through that experience, Arya included as well. Though Nael immediately went and started consoling her.

[Mob-Fu] First series: False tears.

Of course, I had to cry as well. Otherwise, I couldn't consider myself as a Power in the shadows candidate!

It took a while for everyone to finally calm down, however, what happened next left me incredulous.

"Everyone...!" Nael called all of us and clenched his fist before confidently yelling: "I am going to become a marine in the future!!"

...

Damn, this guy really is a generic protagonist... This incident did not even make him falter, instead it only fired up his will to become strong!

"Yeah... Me too!!"

"Yes! We are going to kick those pirate asses in the future!!"

"Uoooh! I'm all fired up!!"

Fiuuu~... This guy even improved the morale of the kids~!

I can even imagine them as a group that will improve in ranks at the marine and become one of the very best! All thanks to the power of friendship they will develop through the years together!!

Not me though, I can only imagine myself as one of those soldiers that tries to stop Luffy and his group, just to be used as punching bags by them.

Such a glorious future awaits me!

Kekekekeke... 

Oops, my smile is showing!

...

Sigh... now to go back at home and get scolded by mom because of entering dark alleys without an adult...

Nothing that I can do.

The life of a power hidden in the shadows sure is hard~

Alright! Tonight I will go and do some of my "Training session" with some random thugs or pirates that I find at the streets! After all, I still need to train my observation haki.


That's it for today... I think...

Who knows, maybe I will do one more because I don't really have many things to do.

Bye bye for now~

115