Chapter 37: Protagonist development
2.5k 11 60
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 37: Protagonist development

°

Nael POV:

...

"Ha!"

*Swif!*

"Ha!"

*Swif!*

As I swung my sword repeatedly in order to make my muscles warm up and exercise a bit in the cold morning, suddenly the sound of a very old door creaking while being opened came from behind me.

"You got op pretty early today Leon, did something happen?"

"I just wanted to exercise a bit as well, besides, I also wanted to ask you something about the last fight we had in Loguetown"

As the memories of my fight against the straw-hat pirates came back to my mind, I stopped swinging my sword and turned to look at Leon with a bewildered expression in my eyes.

"What about that fight, did something catch your eye?"

"No, well... It's more about your behavior back then. Although they were pretty strong for novice pirates in the east blue, to the point that it was hard for me to think I could defeat the captain without help, they still shouldn't have been match for you. I mean, you have already mastered 3 of the 6 Rokushiki techniques, and you even have managed to awaken a bit of your armament Haki! I don't think it could have been hard for you to capture them in just a matter of seconds"

"Indeed, I could have probably knocked them out before that giant gust of wind sent us flying"

"Then why didn't you do it?"

...

Why? Well, if there was a special reason... then it could be...

"It was because of a hunch"

"Huh...?"

"When I saw that Straw-hat Luffy, you could say that I had a hunch that he wasn't exactly a bad guy like the other pirates we have met so far, besides, we already know that we can't fully trust the reports from some marines that have islands under their jurisdiction..."

"Well... As expected of my eternal rival, you always think about everything. And about the matter of the reports, how many corrupt marine officials have we already found this month?" Leon scratched the back of his head with a troubled expression in his face.

"Three, and I think we might find one more at Conami Islands, after all, It was that Nezumi guy was the one to depicted Straw-hat Luffy as a dangerous criminal that killed the villagers of Cocoyashi village in cold blood while wearing a smile in his face"

"Heh, well whatever, your hunches are right most of the time anyways. So I guess we will have to go and make sure that the people of Conami islands under his jurisdiction are not suffering from mistreatment" 

"Yeah..."

As I was about to continue swinging my sword, suddenly the voice of Leon came once again. This time with a bit of worry in it.

"Ah, that's right, did you hear? Sid is going to accompany Captain Smoker towards Arabasta in order to capture Straw-hat Luffy!"

"Arabasta?!"

Arabasta?!

But isn't that place in the Grand Line?

...

I think I might have to go and help Sid a bit, otherwise I don't know what might happen if he gets into a fight with a pirate from the Grand Line... I mean, he isn't exactly strong.

In the worst case... he might even die!

"Leon, tell the navigator to hurry up the pace towards Conami islands, I want to get this matter over with before we go back towards the Grand Line"

"Are we going to help Sid? Well, it might be the best, otherwise he might die without us even knowing about it... Alright, I'll tell him. See you later."

"See you later..."

Oh, Sid. Why is it that you seem to attract problems wherever you go?

°

°

°

At the same moment, in another place. 

...

*Bam!*

"Argh!!"

A man with a black patch covering his left eye was suddenly sent flying away after receiving the kick of a mysterious figure in dark clothes. The man soon crashed against the walls of what seemed to be a ship, and fell into the sea, only to not be seen ever again.

"Hmm... Oh yeah, to think I could find such a great loot inside the ship of some random smelly old pirates who were traveling some kilometers away from our ship! Lady luck smiles to me today!"

"Shadow raven... W-why are you here?! And why are you attacking us?! We, the Heaven-Shattering pirates, did not court death with you!"

"Oh, you did, you are courting death right now..." The mysterious dark figure suddenly took out a sword from the sheath on his waist, and pointed it directly towards the neck of the pirate "And everyone that tries to court death in my presence... are courting death..."

The sword, that had a wave like pattern on its blade that seemed to shine with a blue glow while it reflected the beautiful moonlight of the night, and somehow resembled the seemingly infinite sea that surrounded them, made the man flinch and fall on his butt before tears started coming out of his eyes incessantly.

"Y-you...! My Senior of the Heavenly poison Pirates will not allow such a thing to go unpunished! When he finds you he will cripple you and make you feel something even worse than dea-"

Suddenly, the finger of the mysterious figure was placed on the forehead of the man in a calm manner before it suddenly released a great shock wave through its tip.

[Rokuogan]

*Boooooooooom!!!*

The head of the man soon exploded into dozens of pieces before his body fell to the ground completely devoid of any life.

"Hmm... I guess the potency was good enough... but maybe I should change the output so that the impact becomes greater...?" The mysterious figure muttered in a low voice while looking at his finger with a curious look in his eyes, before he took off the mask and revealed the face of a certain black haired youth with reddish-brown eyes and a certain everlasting frown on his brows.

"The Heavenly poison Pirates? Oh yeah, I killed them all last week... though they didn't have as much money as you"

...


Uoooooh! What is this power that I feel?!

I just read last week chapter of One piece, and suddenly I feel fired up to write another chapter. Be grateful folks.

Anyways, I think this will be all for today. Mostly because I will be going to sleep after this.

Bye bye.

60