Chapter 44: Fire fist Ace
2.3k 25 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 44: Fire fist Ace

...

"Hoh~ So this is Arabasta, huh? Looks pretty neat"

Right at the dock of Nanohana, a topless black haired youth wearing an orange hat, black boots, and black knee-length shorts stared at the buildings of the town with an appreciative look in his eyes as he disembarked from a small boat. On his back there was an enormous tattoo with the shape of Whitebeard's symbol, this was the proof that he was part of the crew of the strongest Yonko alive, Shirohige.

Not only that, but this black haired youth was in reality the commander of the second division of whitebeard's pirates, Portgas D Ace, or also known by his nickname "Fire fist Ace" due to his incredible abilities for controlling the fire element after eating the Mera Mera no mi.

"I wonder if Luffy is already here..." As Ace said this, he also took a backpack with all his things inside out of the boat and wore it on his back before he walked away in order to find a place where to stay for the time being.

It has been a few months after he started his journey to find Kurohige, an ex-crew member of Shirohige that killed one of their own and then disappeared without saying a word. As the commander of the second division of whitebeard's pirates, who also happened to have Kurohige under his command, Ace decided to take full responsibility for the horrible act that Kurohige did and started his journey to find him and make him pay for what he did.

It was just a month ago when he discovered that Luffy had finally become a pirate like him, and just like he said when they were kids, he was the captain of his own pirate crew. Something that he failed to do and ended up joining the crew of Whitebeard instead after being defeated by them.

But it was not like he regretted his decision. He loved being part of this crew, and had the tattoo on his back as a sign of honor.

"I think I should find a place where to say first before starting to look for Luffy..." Ace muttered softly before he started walking through the central street of the town while calmly looking at his surroundings in order to find an inn.

Suddenly out of nowhere he turned to look back in a hurried manner, as if he had felt something dangerous pass besides him right now.

"What was that...?"

However, when he looked at his surroundings, there was nothing worth mentioning. Just average looking people buying and walking through the main street like many others.

Heck, there was even a black haired youth with reddish-brown eyes buying some apples in the fruit stand next to him. No matter how he looked at it, it was just normal people living their normal lives.

"... I think I'm becoming paranoid... Excuse me, do you know where could I find an inn to stay for the time being?" As he shook his head in order to shrug those feelings aside, he grabbed the shoulder of the black haired youth and asked with a gentle look on his face.

"Huh? Err... That one in the corner should be a pretty cheap inn, and their food tastes good as well, so I think you should go to that one"

"Really? Thanks for the help man!"

The youth just nodded his head for a moment before he turned to look at the man selling him apples once again with an indifferent look in his eyes.

It was only after Ace disappeared into the crowd that the eyes of the mysterious youth turned to look towards his direction once again before he smiled softly and shook his head while muttering something in a low voice.

"That scared the shit out of me..."

°

°

°

Sid POV:

...

As expected, it's still no good to underestimate the strange instincts that the main characters can have sometimes. Heck, I only loosened a bit my mob's aura because I was a bit tired, but somehow Ace still managed to somehow feel the change in my strength. Even though my Haki suppression technique was still active, just the fact that my mobness lessened slightly was enough for him to feel something amiss.

Next time I have to be careful not to expose myself in such a dumb manner the next time I meet a main character. Who knows if one of the main characters of One piece story actually has that terrifying instinct to feel my strength even when it's being suppressed... Shit, maybe Luffy actually felt it somewhat? I thought I fooled him since he pretty much still sent me flying away after punching me and did not change his expression in the slightest... but maybe he just kept silent about it...

It seems like I need to train my mobness even further before I meet another main character. Fortunately, as I have been only meeting Garp in my Asura's appearance, although he should be able to feel out of instinct that I am pretty strong, he would still know about it as I train with him every day anyways. Even more so when that "instinct power" they have as main characters, must have a limit on how detailed it is about the people they see. Just like Luffy feels when someone is a good person or not, it shouldn't be detailed enough to discern that I'm by far the strongest he has ever seen in his whole life.

So in summary, I'm pretty much safe for the time being. But I have to train my mobness before the next meeting with Luffy and his crew arrives.

Since Ace has just arrived, and in the Anime he was looking around as if he was new in the town, I guess that maybe Luffy will arrive within two or three days more...

Hum...

Very well, a challenge is a challenge anyways. Besides, I know perfectly where to train my mobness to the next stage.

The desert.

If I want to become the perfect mob, I have to blend with my surroundings to the point my own existence almost banishes completely from the mind of others. Thus, my next objective is to become part of the desert.

To be the sand that follows gently the desires of the wind, and to be the scorching heat that surrounds this beautiful place in death and drought.

To be the animal that hides within the sand in order to protect himself from predators, and to be the cactus that survives alone in the middle of the lonely and vast place that the desert is... That is my new objective.

Now that I think about it... are the cactus in the desert actually the perfect mobs?

Everyone knows they are there, but no one cares about them. They are just part of the desert and they are completely unimportant existences to the travelers and everyone that passes through the desert, thus, they usually pass unnoticed by the majority of people.

I know, my next challenge will be to act as a cactus in the middle of the desert, and make whoever passes next to me think I'm just another cactus more!

"Huehuehuehue, soon I will no longer have rivals, and I will become the ultimate (mob) life form in existence!" I placed a hand on my face while brushing slightly my hair with it, before I started chuckling lightly at my master plan.

"EVEN GODS WILL FORGET THAT I EVER EXISTED, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!"

...


A new path unfolds, and our MC descends even more in the way of a mob. This time with a new way to reach the ultimate transcendence in being a mob.

And I actually made two chapters in one day! Though you probably are seeing this chapter like past-tomorrow or so. Sorry about that UwU.

I'm planning to extortionate the guys from Webnovel so that they give me Power stones in exchange for one of the bonus chapters that I will start to stockpile from now on.

So pray that they are generous with their Power stones for the sake of also getting a bonus chapter here.

-Current chapters in stockpile: 1 maybe? Depends on how much I do for tomorrow 04/06.

That's all for today, see you guys next time.

40