Chapter 91: Amy and Mia-3 ✔️
889 9 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

That night when we are sleeping in the abandoned building, a voice is calling out for me.

-Are you still awake, sister? (Amy)

I gradually open my eyes and realize that Amy is calling out for me. I raise from the blanket and ask her.

-What's wrong, Amy? (Farah)

-Can I have a little talk with you? (Amy)

-All right, what is the problem? (Farah)

-...(Amy)

Amy still seems to hesitate to put her thought into words.

-Don't worry, Amy. You don't need to force yourself. (Farah)

-No, I...(Amy)

Amy takes a deep breath and continues.

-Would you mind listening to a story, sister? (Amy)

-All right. (Farah)

-It's a story about my friend. (Amy)

It's odd to see Amy talks about her friend instead of herself. However, I should listen for now.

-Well, a friend of mine has lost their parents recently because of a monster. (Amy)

-...(Farah)

-You don't need to look at me like that, sister. It's a story about my friend, not me. (Amy)

Amy continues.

-After the death of the parents, the girl has many responsibilities. She needs to think about what she would in the next day and consider how to keep her and her sister safe from the wicked one. (Amy)

-...(Farah)

-Since her sister is still young, so she doesn't have anyone to rely on. (Amy)

Amy finishes with a sad look on her face.

-My friend slowly becomes tired. She doesn't enjoy living this kind of stressful life anymore. My friend knows she is a little selfish. But she wants to go back to the day she can live freely without thinking much about how to survive the next day again. (Amy)

I can't hold myself and start hugging Amy.

-What are you doing, sister? (Amy)

-It's all right. (Farah)

-Sister? (Amy)

I caress Amy's back.

-It will be fine, Amy. You can rely on me. (Farah)

-What are you talking about, sister? (Amy)

Behind the mature image of Amy, a little girl also wants to protect by others. Amy is not a selfish girl; she is not ready to handle sudden responsibilities.

-Everything will be just fine, Amy. From now on, you can rely on me. (Farah)

-Sister...(Amy)

I can feel that Amy cries on my chest. I keep hugging her and let her express everything from inside herself. After a while, the cry from Amy gradually dies down. Amy pushes me out with a red face.

-Silly sister, I was talking about my friend and not about myself. (Amy)

I can only laugh off at Amy's statement.

When Amy and I turn around, I can see Mia is looking at us. Mia instantly jumps to Amy's side and hugs her.

-I'm sorry, sister; that I don't perceive your worries. (Mia)

Amy caress Mia's head and said.

-It's alright, Mia. (Amy)

Amy turns to me and said.

-With the sister around. I don't need to worry about it anymore. (Amy)

-Is that so? (Mia)

-Yup. (Amy)

I finally can see Amy acts according to her age. These two are only 9 to 10 years old from their appearance alone. They survived in the harsh world without relying on any adult till now is truly a miracle.

-Amy and Mia, you two should go to sleep now. (Farah)

-Yes, sister! (Amy & Mia)

I let the two children go to sleep again while I go out and check up on the nanomachine that I have set around the abandoned building. Once someone enters the building with no warning, the nanomachine will immediately notify me.

-No abnormalities. (Farah)

It's really weird since I only have encountered one monster so far in this world. As if someone tries using that monster to make a move on Amy and Mia. I shake my head and deny my assumption.

-Maybe I'm thinking too much. (Farah)

I get back to sleep after checking every corner of the building.

The next morning, the three of us wake up with a refreshing face. Amy asks me.

-Sister, what are we going to do today? (Amy)

-Amy. (Farah)

-Yes? (Amy)

-I have something to ask you before that. (Farah)

-You can ask me anything, sister. (Amy)

-Do you know where other people have gone to? (Farah)

-Ah! Are you talking about the trial, sister? Most of the people go out and try to reach paradise. (Amy)

-However, I heard few people make it back alive. (Amy)

The trial seems to be dangerous. It's our last option to take it for now. I'm not sure I can protect these two when we try attempting the trial.

-Well, let's go to the supermarket today. (Farah)

-All right, sister. (Amy)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yoso is currently looking at the shadow on the top of the building.

-It's appeared again, The Time's guardian. (Yoso)

Yoso shakes her head.

-That name is not fit "It' at all. (Yoso)

Aside from her and me, they are the only ones who can witness every single change to the timeline. And those monsters always try to change the past as they wish. They consider their action as the right thing to "correct" the past.

-We can't eliminate them permanently. Those monsters are like a concept that even an existent like me can't kill. (Yoso)

They are one of the biggest reasons that Septem's plan fails from time to time.

-...(Yoso)

Aside from the time's guardian currently appears in this "Lower World"; I can feel another existent that is unfit with the current timeline.

-I can't recognize this one since its existent is being blurred by "her."(Yoso)

 

Thanks for reading ヽ(・∀・)ノ

46